Wimex Beauty: Dryers Steamers and more!!! Reviews??

Desarae

I am looking for reviews for the dryer and/or steamer from this site:

http://salon.wimexbeauty.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

Their hooded dryer looks like an awesome alternative to the Pibbs. It's $249. It looks really sturdy and has all the amenities:

Turbo hard hat professional salon hair dryer

• 1500 Watts
  • Rheostat temperature control from 70ºF to 180ºF
  • Auto shut-off built in timer
  • 4-speed airflow
  • Even heat and airflow
  • Large bonnet with lift-up visor
  • Large and sturdy base provides easy maneuverability
  • Adjustable height

They also have a $199 version and a $599 version of hair dryer on the site.

Thier steamer looks great too, they have two different ones on the site this is the one i'm interested in, it's $239.00:

Not to mention they have 12 packs of flexirods on this site for the price of a 6 pack in the store!

They even have those mesh magnetic rollers i've been dying to try:

Man this site looks very promising, reviews will be helpful, if not you guys can wait on mine because I know for sure I want that dryer!

LushLox

That dryer looks HOT! (no pun intended) :grin: steamer looks good too. Please come back and let us know what you think.

Desarae

I will, I probably won't be ordering for a few weeks to a month.
I called and asked them if they had the diameter measurements for the hood, they didn't.

I don't know the specs for the Pibbs, but this dryer is sexy! And the steamer looks sturdier than the one from Salons R Us.

I do know they have a 1 year warranty and are based out of Pennsylvania, no tax, and freight shipping is $32.

charmtreese

I order from this site all the time!!! I love it!! The products are good quality, they have great customer service and shipping is fast. I've ordered combs, clips, aprons, brushes, color mixer, mannequin heads and portable shampoo bowl. I will more than likely order my dryers from this site as well.

Desarae

^^OMG thank you for responding!

I only found 3 reviews online 2 of them said thier customer service was not so good, which makes me kind of skeptical about ordering thier big ticket items, but that dryer and steamer are looking mi-tee-nice right now!

charmtreese

No problem! I've never had a bad experience with customer service, they even called me when they knew that an item i had ordered was going to take longer to ship.

JJamiah

WImex is an excellent place to get your items from, I use to get their catalog, ordered from them when I used to go to Cosmetology school some odd years ago, order with confidence ladies. :)

longhairlover

there are other dryers out there than the pibbs, shoot the dominican salons i'd go to in nyc never even had pibbs and hair would come out fab.
why spend $$$$ for something just because of a name, I have a salon dryer that is fab. I say if you like it get it, all those dryers domes are huge anyways, they are in no way the same size as a tabletop hooded dryer, so even if you don't have the exact size measurements you can fit under there with the black rollers, I know with my dryer I fit with the black rollers, only down side with all the dryers is getting under it with the huge rollers the visor parts are not wide enough.but the insides of the dryers are huge.

so get it if you like it and the price is a plus.

and mesh "magnetic" rollers hmmmmm I may have to order those.

albane

there are other dryers out there than the pibbs, shoot the dominican salons i'd go to in nyc never even had pibbs and hair would come out fab.
why spend $$$$ for something just because of a name, I have a salon dryer that is fab. I say if you like it get it, all those dryers domes are huge anyways, they are in no way the same size as a tabletop hooded dryer, so even if you don't have the exact size measurements you can fit under there with the black rollers, I know with my dryer I fit with the black rollers, only down side with all the dryers is getting under it with the huge rollers the visor parts are not wide enough.but the insides of the dryers are huge.

so get it if you like it and the price is a plus.

and mesh "magnetic" rollers hmmmmm I may have to order those.

Dear Longhairlover, agree with most of your statement, except the size under the salon hood maybe to small for the blackrollers.

As you pointed out, the problem is the size of the opening visor which is smaller than the internal diameter. I already fight to enter under my salon dryer (which is at least as big as the one on the picture) with my full set of grey-equivalent rollers. Once I am under it is OK, but I could not enter with black rollers Maybe it also depend on the size of the head and certainly with the number of rollers and how deep they go in the neck and on the sides.

I know there are some oldfashioned US hood dryers who had a larger opening as the full front half of the hood was a rotating part. So you could have it lifted, readily sit by moving your head up to the time the back rollers were coming in contact with the back of the hood then bring the front part down. this could allow to use the full diameter of the hood. I hope my explanation is clear enough.

A german manufacturer also built such opening systems, but it has been discontinued.

girlcherokee

desirae or anyone else did you end up ordering this? i am looking for a hooded dryer now and i dont want to drop the $300 on the phibbs if their are dryers out there that are just as good or better for less.