Oprah On Jesus

Netta1 said:
I hope that when I'm rich I don't get stupid,

HAHAHHAA :lachen: I say that all the time. God willing.. God willing..

Also, in my last post I didnt want to make it seem that I believe in what Oprah is saying but someone needs to pray with her. but still dont judge her tho..

::Exits thread::

--cookie

Chaya said:
I actually agree with Oprah and I am not afraid to say it. I am Christian. I believe that my only way is through Christ but I do not look down on other religions. Understand that every relgion calls themselves the TRUE religion. BELIEVE. At one point I was in a relgion that called all you all on this board BABYLON THE GREAT, FALSE RELIGION etc that would perish with the GREAT DRAGON (SATAN) at some point. So understand most religions are CONVINCED that they are doing the right thing towards pleasing "GOD". With that being said, what right do we have to condemn Anyone for believing in how they serve "GOD" as long as in their daily lives they " have an angel network and feed the hungry and tend to the sick, and tell you to seek out your "inner strength". God said above all things you should have LOVE among one another. So all those who preach the word and dont live in congruence in what they say IN EVERYTHING THEY DO, are guilty of disobeying GOD. I am one of those people. I PREACH AND TEACH but I dont always DO.
I am no position to judge. I am not pious, lofty or greater than thou.
I embrace the fact that I am imperfect. Oprah is extremely generous. Whether or not she is a billionaire that lady is always doing SOMETHING for the GREATER GOOD. She is understanding of all ways of thinking, beliieving and all walks of life and DOES NOT JUDGE. She is not CONDEMNING of anyone who thinks different from her.
I understood everything Oprah said and found the women in the audience to be display feelings that God would not approve like being judgemental, disrespectful (talking out of turn), boisterous and angry.

It's incredibly interesting to me that the minute you defend The Word as it's written, people will come out of the woodwork to tell you that you are judgemental and that nobody's perfect, etc. If people were perfect what reason would Christ have had to die on the cross? It's understood that we are all sinners. Believe me; there really is no need to extol the virtues of Oprah to me. I never said she didn't do a lot of nice things for people. But just as you are unafraid to say that you agree with her, permit me to be just as unafraid to declare what the Bible says is right. She is leaning on her own understanding and that's fine for her and you, if that's what you wish. I just choose not to follow what she says because it is not biblical. I'm not looking down on her or anybody else, but if what I said makes me appear judgemental in the eyes of a few folks, so be it. :)

Last edited:
Chaya said:
I actually agree with Oprah and I am not afraid to say it. I am Christian. I believe that my only way is through Christ but I do not look down on other religions. Understand that every relgion calls themselves the TRUE religion. BELIEVE. At one point I was in a relgion that called all you all on this board BABYLON THE GREAT, FALSE RELIGION etc that would perish with the GREAT DRAGON (SATAN) at some point. So understand most religions are CONVINCED that they are doing the right thing towards pleasing "GOD". With that being said, what right do we have to condemn Anyone for believing in how they serve "GOD" as long as in their daily lives they " have an angel network and feed the hungry and tend to the sick, and tell you to seek out your "inner strength".

I don't think anyone was condemning Oprah, or looking down at what other people believe. I think it's often misconstrued that defending the Bible is condemning other religions. I'm not condemning anything....but you betta believe I'm gonna tell you what's been proven to me as truth! I think the Bible makes it clear that there are some things that are true whether you believe in them or not. The only way to God is through JESUS. Some people can't handle that truth. :ohwell:

God said above all things you should have LOVE among one another. So all those who preach the word and dont live in congruence in what they say IN EVERYTHING THEY DO, are guilty of disobeying GOD. I am one of those people. I PREACH AND TEACH but I dont always DO.
I embrace the fact that I am imperfect.

I don't think anyone was passing judgement.

Oprah is extremely generous. Whether or not she is a billionaire that lady is always doing SOMETHING for the GREATER GOOD. She is understanding of all ways of thinking, beliieving and all walks of life and DOES NOT JUDGE. She is not CONDEMNING of anyone who thinks different from her.
I understood everything Oprah said and found the women in the audience to be display feelings that God would not approve like being judgemental, disrespectful (talking out of turn), boisterous and angry.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that lady was bold as a LION. Jesus went up in the temple, and TURNED the tables OVER oKAAAAY!?!?! lol. Trust, Jesus was NOT afraid of causing a disturbance or interupting anything!!!! I wish more Christians would walk in authority like that. To me, I did not interpret that lady's actions as being judgemental in any way--she was bringing the TRUTH, and when you're not living the truth, it's gonna be offensive!

On the surface, Oprah's philosophy seems cool. "Oh, you have your way to God, and I have mine, and other person has there's." what?! Where in the Bible does it say THAT. I know the Bible DOES say that "a double minded man is unstable in all he does." and it also says be HOT or be COLD, and ditch the luke warm stuff. (My modern translation. :lol: )

I don't know Oprah's spiritual state now. :shrugg:.......I really do hope she called Bishop Jakes and accepted Christ as the Way and ONLY WAY.

pebbles said:
Yes, you can be a believer of the Lord Jesus and understand that there are millions of people out in the world that do not know Jesus. However, to spread the belief that there is more than one way to the Father other than through Jesus Christ, when Jesus said Himself that the only way to the Father was through Him, is NOT the Christian way because that teaching goes against our belief. The thing to do would be to encourage people to get to know Christ, not offer them an alternative to heaven. :)
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! :yep::up:

ETA: ...and with everything else you have said in response to some of these posts, pebbles!!! ;)

Last edited:
angaliquew said:
So would it be okay to idolize her if she said she was a Christian?

Honeyhips said:
not at all.

Right? Doesn't it say in the Bible that we're not to idolize anyone, God's a jealous God and something like that (yes I need to brush up on my quoting skills so someone please help me out w/ the passage if you know what I'm talking about) :lol:

I was confused by the clip too, I still don't know what they were arguing about. But that lady in white was fierce, she has some preaching potential!

Okay, everyone keeps stressing the point that Jesus is the only way, which I too believe. But why isn't anyone addressing what Oprah was asking the woman in the clip. What about people who have never heard the name of Jesus???

I know the woman responded by saying the God will not come back until his gospel is preached to all four corners of the earth, which I also believe.

But, what (like Oprah was asking) about the people on the earth where the gospel hasn't reached yet, who have already died? Did all of them go to hell?

JuJuBoo said:
www.watchman.org/oprah.htm

I wish more people would have seen this episode before idolizing Oprah. :nono:

Wow, thanks for sharing that. It's a powerful example when the bible says that you cannot work for two master because one will suck you right in. Oprah needs the light and that's Jesus. :)

angaliquew said:
Okay, everyone keeps stressing the point that Jesus is the only way, which I too believe. But why isn't anyone addressing what Oprah was asking the woman in the clip. What about people who have never heard the name of Jesus???

I know the woman responded by saying the God will not come back until his gospel is preached to all four corners of the earth, which I also believe.

But, what (like Oprah was asking) about the people on the earth where the gospel hasn't reached yet, who have already died? Did all of them go to hell?

I have to say I haven't met a person on this earth who has not heard of the name Jesus whether atheist, jewish, muslium, etc. but as that woman said that God's Word does say that the end will come when all man had the opportunity to hear about His son and either they will accept it or reject but u make a good point to ask what happens to those who die and never heard of the Gospel. My best advice is leave it on God's hand because we could talk and speculate what will happen but our thoughts are not like His thoughts so we will probably be way off anyway :) He thinks differently then we do and there are many unanswered questions that the bible does not specifically address but when the time comes, we'll know the answers :)

Last edited:
angaliquew said:

I totally agree. I think some here are taking what Oprah said and running with it in a completely different direction and YES, passing judgment. How can you call someone stupid for one sentence that someone said and try to say that she doesn't belive in Christianity? I personally don't approve of some aspects of her life, but aren't there MANY examples in the Bible of Jesus connecting with the ones everyone else thought was going to hell? You guys don't know her heart and what she meant by it AND we don't know what's in her heart for a reason. She has said many times that she won't thoroughly discuss her personal religous beliefs in public due to the fact that she is a talk show host and tries to keep fairly neutral on the subject.

Anyway, what she said on the tape is kinda what I think too. For those who are unfortunate to die and had never been exposed to Jesus' name, they are not automatically condemned hell. If they were living their lives in the way Jesus wants, how can they be punished? I think that's what Oprah was getting at.

chaya said:
I actually agree with Oprah and I am not afraid to say it. I am Christian. I believe that my only way is through Christ but I do not look down on other religions. Understand that every relgion calls themselves the TRUE religion. BELIEVE. At one point I was in a relgion that called all you all on this board BABYLON THE GREAT, FALSE RELIGION etc that would perish with the GREAT DRAGON (SATAN) at some point. So understand most religions are CONVINCED that they are doing the right thing towards pleasing "GOD". With that being said, what right do we have to condemn Anyone for believing in how they serve "GOD" as long as in their daily lives they " have an angel network and feed the hungry and tend to the sick, and tell you to seek out your "inner strength". God said above all things you should have LOVE among one another. So all those who preach the word and dont live in congruence in what they say IN EVERYTHING THEY DO, are guilty of disobeying GOD. I am one of those people. I PREACH AND TEACH but I dont always DO.
I embrace the fact that I am imperfect. Oprah is extremely generous. Whether or not she is a billionaire that lady is always doing SOMETHING for the GREATER GOOD. She is understanding of all ways of thinking, beliieving and all walks of life and DOES NOT JUDGE. She is not CONDEMNING of anyone who thinks different from her.
I understood everything Oprah said and found the women in the audience to be display feelings that God would not approve like being judgemental, disrespectful (talking out of turn), boisterous and angry.?

My sentiments exactly. :yep: :clapping: :clapping: :yep:

angaliquew said:
The bible even makes a reference to these people:

Romans 2:11-16 (New King James Version)

11 For there is no partiality with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Also, what does Oprah's beliefs have to do with her as a person and not watching her show...isn't that a bit judgmental

EXACTLY. ITA. :yep: :clapping: :clapping: :yep:

angaliquew said:

Girl...I gave up...this is the same thing I asked from jump....and everybody keeps going back to Oprah is not a true follower of God and if she was she'd preach that on her show (oblivious to the fact that she is hosting a worldwide show and everybody doesn't know about the word of God..which she was trying to ask the lady in the audience...what about those that DON'T know about our Father but lives as he would want them to)....

I even broke it down like you did ...it went right back to what Oprah's assumed ideology is....

*throws hands in the air*

mystiqu529 said:
I totally agree. I think some here are taking what Oprah said and running with it in a completely different direction and YES, passing judgment. How can you call someone stupid for one sentence that someone said and try to say that she doesn't belive in Christianity? I personally don't approve of some aspects of her life, but aren't there MANY examples in the Bible of Jesus connecting with the ones everyone else thought was going to hell? You guys don't know her heart and what she meant by it AND we don't know what's in her heart for a reason. She has said many times that she won't thoroughly discuss her personal religous beliefs in public due to the fact that she is a talk show host and tries to keep fairly neutral on the subject.

Anyway, what she said on the tape is kinda what I think too. For those who are unfortunate to die and had never been exposed to Jesus' name, they are not automatically condemned hell. If they were living their lives in the way Jesus wants, how can they be punished? I think that's what Oprah was getting at.

Oh Thank you! Somebody else!!!

vevster said:
I judge a person by there DEEDS. Look at what Oprah has done over the years all the people she has helped, her work in Africa.

She didn't take us into a phony war, with doctored intelligence like Bush the PHONEY CHRISTIAN that many of you voted for.

I go by DEEDS and not BY DOGMA.

Vester...honey...:lol:

You are obviously still angry about our president's actions.

Just know that God is still in control and He has a most excellent reason for allowing Bush still being in office.

But about Oprah...I don't know if she is still a Christian or not. I'll admit that I have pondered over whether people will be accepted into heaven if they did not say with their mouths that Jesus Christ was Lord even if they were good people.

I mean, you can have a person who has one of the kindest hearts. He's humble, generous, thoughtful, and loving. But he never got the opportunity to hear the name Jesus and dies. Will God turn him away from the gates of heaven because he did not hear of his son Jesus though he lived a life like Jesus would have wanted him to? I don't know about that.

I just thank God that I was born into a family that taught me about Jesus! I was talking about this to my mom yesterday. Slavery was not a great thing. But slavery brought my ancestors to this country where they heard white folks talking about a man named Jesus. My ancestors accepted Jesus and called on him and his father to deliver them from slavery. God answered their prayers and I'm glad to be in this country where my ancestors sent the teachings of Jesus down the generations to me!

-Ebony

BLESSED1 said:
Right? Doesn't it say in the Bible that we're not to idolize anyone, God's a jealous God and something like that
i was about to mention this after seeing that question... you are right! ;)

I'm all late on this, but I have always pondered Oprah's religious beliefs, only because she says, "Higher being," but never outright says God or Jesus.

At any rate, I don't personally question my belief in Jesus or the fact that He died for my siins, but I have often wondered about the salvation of others who don't believe in Jesus or worship the way that I do.

Every person who believes, regardless to what the believe, feels that their way of worship is THE way. For instance, my closest friend comes from a family of Zen buddhists. Her family is quiet, unassuming and very giving. They don't believe in Jesus, although they know of Him, but they are some of the most humble humans I have ever met. I pray for them and imagine that they will have a seat in heaven, because I cannot imagine their kindness would go unrewarded in the eternal.

JuJuBoo said:
I don't think anyone was condemning Oprah, or looking down at what other people believe. I think it's often misconstrued that defending the Bible is condemning other religions. I'm not condemning anything....but you betta believe I'm gonna tell you what's been proven to me as truth! I think the Bible makes it clear that there are some things that are true whether you believe in them or not. The only way to God is through JESUS. Some people can't handle that truth. :ohwell:

I don't think anyone was passing judgement.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that lady was bold as a LION. Jesus went up in the temple, and TURNED the tables OVER oKAAAAY!?!?! lol. Trust, Jesus was NOT afraid of causing a disturbance or interupting anything!!!! I wish more Christians would walk in authority like that. To me, I did not interpret that lady's actions as being judgemental in any way--she was bringing the TRUTH, and when you're not living the truth, it's gonna be offensive!

On the surface, Oprah's philosophy seems cool. "Oh, you have your way to God, and I have mine, and other person has there's." what?! Where in the Bible does it say THAT. I know the Bible DOES say that "a double minded man is unstable in all he does." and it also says be HOT or be COLD, and ditch the luke warm stuff. (My modern translation. :lol: )

I don't know Oprah's spiritual state now. :shrugg:.......I really do hope she called Bishop Jakes and accepted Christ as the Way and ONLY WAY.

Mmmm-hmmm! :)

angaliquew said:

I couldn't say if all of those people went to hell or not. Only God knows what provisions He's made for them. What we do know is that the bible doesn't teach us to worry about those who have passed on. Their fate is already determined, and we know God is in control of that. We are to concern ourselves with the people who are alive and can be taught the word of God. We should tell them what the Word of God teaches, not what will please everyone to hear. It seems to be that these days, you have to be politically correct even where the word of God is concerned. I just can't go with that. :)

Wow...8 pages...

This is sorta long but I wanted to address everything I remember...

Oprah has always had some off the wall ideas. I was watching a clip on her site the other day or maybe it was on tv, where she was telling about buying a car for her father and had the dealership open for her on a Sunday, when they are normally closed for business. She made reference to wanting to get out of going to church with him. I dont know where her beliefs stand now, I dont watch her that often and always end up missing the good shows, but her shows in general reflect what is going on in her life and as her beliefs have changed we have heard her make different comments and statements. As she evolves you will see it come out in her topics. Everyone is on a journey, everyone is at a different place of understanding, I hope she has gotten it together tho. As far as watching her, I take wisdom where I find it, even if it comes from an "non-Christian" source. However just because a source is MOSTLY trustworthy and accurate, doesnt mean it is ALWAYS trustworthy and accurate. If can benefit from some of her shows, and gain knowledge and understanding I do so, but I dont take everything she says as gospel, as she can err just like everyone else. Its our responsiblity to filter the information we receive and discern truth.

Now, as far as the author she mentioned, Marianne Williamson. She is an author who writes spiritual books based on A Course in Miracles. Years ago my sister brought these books home, and she was really excited about them. She had been reading them, following their principles, and was happier than I had ever seen her. Naturally I'm curious and she had offered to buy me a copy. I skimmed through the Course in Miracles, and all of it appeared to be sound, giving advice based on biblical principles. God is good however, and just as I was thinking I'd like to have my own copy, the book fell open to a passage that basically stated that Jesus was a CONCEPT. That there was no heaven or hell in the sense that there is an after life and a God to pass judgement. It basically said that we make our own heaven or hell based on how we live our life and our level of enlightenment. Now, biblical principles work for ANYONE. God said do "A" and "B" will happen, so if you do 'A', 'B' WILL happen. You reap what you sow, whether you are Christan or not. This course is giving folx almost everything they need for victorious living: sound principles to guide their lives, how to resolve conflict with others and live in peace, principles that will prosper them because they are based on Gods law. Everything EXCEPT for Jesus.

The enemy is cleaver. You cant tell folx who have followed these principles that they wont work because they are seeing and living the results. If deception were easy to spot you wouldnt have so many people deceived. This lie is effective because it is mixed with truth. They are getting the benefits of the truth in that their lives are improving, so they think this course is truth, but their souls are damned because Christ cant cover their sin because they dont recongnize Him as a LIVING God and their need for salvation.

I probably could have benefitted from the course itself, because it gives examples and puts the concepts in laymans terms that when you read it a light goes off and you think "so thats how that works!". I never read it though because I didnt want to get mixed up in something because of more subtle deception. God showed me what was wrong with it from jump, so it was my responsiblity to walk away from it. I did end up with Mariannes book but I threw it out. As far as my sister, I dont know what to think, I believe at one time she had accepted Christ, and I feel even if you backslide you cant lose your salvation. God has promised salvation through so many generations and I know my grandfather was a praying man of God, so I pray for her and leave it in Gods hands.

In the old testament before Christ came, obedience to God was counted as righteousness. There was paradise and I think hades or gehenna. The saints were sent to paradise and the sinners to hades, after Christ came the saints went to heaven. God is a fair, just and righeteous God. I'm sure that He will be able to show when you had a chance to accept Him, and that everyone will be given clear opportunity to. God is not powerless, and trust me He speaks. Its not His will that any should perish but we are given free will to choose our own way. I personally have my own ideas about some of these things, like what happens to children who die before they are mature enough to accept Christ, but I dont have scripture to quote to support it, its just my own ideas so I'm not going to go into them here. Just know this, God isnt trying to trap us, or punish us. Jesus came for us to be SAVED. Hes NOT the bad guy. :)

Finally, there is nothing wrong with Oprah or anyone questioning God or what happens to folx who havent accepted Christ. God encourages us to question, not just blindly follow. Our faith should not just be based on concepts, but with our experience with God, our relationship. We have to trust God and know that He will do what He says He will do. Know that He loves us and that He isnt out to "get" us or catch us messing up. However, and this has been pointed out several times, IF she is claiming she is a Christian, to state that there are MANY paths to God not only goes against the biblical teaching that there is only ONE (Jesus), it is also is putting her in a position to cause others to fall because of her power and influence. (You saw what one lil comment about beef sparked off.) If there were another way Jesus wouldnt have had to die in the first place. I too have respect for the beliefs of others, HOWEVER, I am not going to sit and agree with someone that they are going to heaven when the bible teaches otherwise. If someone says they are Christian and says that there is another way they are either deceived or deceiving you.

Last edited:
Enchantmt said:
Oprah has always had some off the wall ideas. I was watching a clip on her site the other day or maybe it was on tv, where she was telling about buying a car for her father and had the dealership open for her on a Sunday, when they are normally closed for business. She made reference to wanting to get out of going to church with him. I dont know where her beliefs stand now, I dont watch her that often and always end up missing the good shows, but her shows in general reflect what is going on in her life and as her beliefs have changed we have heard her make different comments and statements. As she evolves you will see it come out in her topics. Everyone is on a journey, everyone is at a different place of understanding, I hope she has gotten it together tho. As far as watching her, I take wisdom where I find it, even if it comes from an "non-Christian" source. However just because a source is MOSTLY trustworthy and accurate, doesnt mean it is ALWAYS trustworthy and accurate. If can benefit from some of her shows, and gain knowledge and understanding I do so, but I dont take everything she says as gospel, as she can err just like everyone else. Its our responsiblity to filter the information we receive and discern truth.

Now, as far as the author she mentioned, Marianne Williamson. She is an author who writes spiritual books based on A Course in Miracles. Years ago my sister brought these books home, and she was really excited about them. She had been reading them, following their principles, and was happier than I had ever seen her. Naturally I'm curious and she had offered to buy me a copy. I skimmed through the Course in Miracles, and all of it appeared to be sound, giving advice based on biblical principles. God is good however, and just as I was thinking I'd like to have my own copy, the book fell open to a passage that basically stated that Jesus was a CONCEPT. That there was no heaven or hell in the sense that there is an after life and a God to pass judgement. It basically said that we make our own heaven or hell based on how we live our life and our level of enlightenment. Now, biblical principles work for ANYONE. God said do "A" and "B" will happen, so if you do 'A', 'B' WILL happen. You reap what you sow, whether you are Christan or not. This course is giving folx almost everything they need for victorious living: sound principles to guide their lives, how to resolve conflict with others and live in peace, principles that will prosper them because they are based on Gods law. Everything EXCEPT for Jesus.

The enemy is cleaver. You cant tell folx who have followed these principles that they wont work because they are seeing and living the results. However a lie is most effective when it is mixed with truth and if deception was easy to spot you wouldnt have so many people deceived. I probably could have benefitted from the course itself, because it gives examples and puts the concepts in laymans terms that when you read it a light goes off and you think "so thats how that works!". I never read it though because I didnt want to get mixed up in something because of more subtle deception. God showed me what was wrong with it from jump, so it was my responsiblity to walk away from it. I did end up with Mariannes book but I threw it out. As far as my sister, I dont know what to think, I believe at one time she had accepted Christ, and I feel even if you backslide you cant lose your salvation. God has promised salvation through so many generations and I know my grandfather was a praying man of God, so I pray for her and leave it in Gods hands.

In the old testament before Christ came, obedience to God was counted as righteousness. There was paradise and I think hades or gehenna. The saints were sent to paradise and the sinners to hades, after Christ came the saints went to heaven. God is a fair, just and righeteous God. I'm sure that He will be able to show when you had a chance to accept Him, and that everyone will be given clear opportunity to. God is not powerless, and trust me He speaks. Its not His will that any should perish but we are given free will to choose our own way. I personally have my own ideas about some of these things, like what happens to children who die before they are mature enough to accept Christ, but I dont have scripture to quote to support it, its just my own ideas so I'm not going to go into them here. Just know this, God isnt trying to trap us, or punish us. Jesus came for us to be SAVED. Hes NOT the bad guy. :)

Finally, there is nothing wrong with Oprah or anyone questioning God or what happens to folx who havent accepted Christ. God encourages us to question, not just blindly follow. Our faith should not just be based on concepts, but with our experience with God, our relationship. We have to trust God and know that He will do what He says He will do. Know that He loves us and that He isnt out to "get" us or catch us messing up. However, and this has been pointed out several times, IF she is claiming she is a Christian, to state that there are MANY paths to God not only goes against the biblical teaching that there is only ONE (Jesus), it is also is putting her in a position to cause others to fall because of her power and influence. (You saw what one lil comment about beef sparked off.) If there were another way Jesus wouldnt have had to die in the first place. I too have respect for the beliefs of others, HOWEVER, I am not going to sit and agree with someone that they are going to heaven when the bible teaches otherwise. If someone says they are Christian and says that there is another way they are either deceived or deceiving you.

Excellent post!! Thank-you!! Hopefully, people will take the time to read carefully what you've read and not think you're passing judgement on anybody! :clap:

La RobinWolfe76 and Enchanment, thankyou

The truth is rejected by many and hard to take. Yes we should not stay silent when the scriptures and truth is being distored. The fact that Ophra is in an influencial position places much responsiblity on her. As a Christian we all It doesn't matter if its her show or not Christians are held to a different authority and if our "opinion" does not support Christian teachings we will be held accountable for damage done. "To much that has been given Much will be expected" Also that is why it state preachers will be held to a higher accounting. I have heard the line about so many people not hearing about Christ for years. But if you do research you will find it difficult to find people who have never heard of Jesus Christ. Many of the major other religions teach about Christianity to try and refute it. Every muslim i have ever met including in Muslim countries all will try and tell you the falseness of Christianity. They have a complete doctrine of teaching what they have been taught to say Christianity is false. You realize Muhammed was well taught in Judism and Christianity. Since Islam is one of the largest religions in the world that does not leave that many people in ignorance. It is not that much of a secret to the rest of the world. The word was preached here in the America's as far back as the 7th century and there are evidence and documentation of missionaries being killed all over this earth for hundreds of years when they brought the word. The bible states the truth that all will have their opportunity and I trust God is a just God and they will. However, that does not mean that the other religions are true. The Lords words are exact. " No one come to the Father accept By the Son"
A Christians who feels there are other ways to God should at least let it be known that is their opinion but it contridicts the bible.

webby said:
I'm all late on this, but I have always pondered Oprah's religious beliefs, only because she says, "Higher being," but never outright says God or Jesus.

At any rate, I don't personally question my belief in Jesus or the fact that He died for my siins, but I have often wondered about the salvation of others who don't believe in Jesus or worship the way that I do.

Every person who believes, regardless to what the believe, feels that their way of worship is THE way. For instance, my closest friend comes from a family of Zen buddhists. Her family is quiet, unassuming and very giving. They don't believe in Jesus, although they know of Him, but they are some of the most humble humans I have ever met. I pray for them and imagine that they will have a seat in heaven, because I cannot imagine their kindness would go unrewarded in the eternal.

Gandi was not a Christian and trust and believe he is in an eternal better place! There are many who have served, that were not Christian. Christianity is not the be all end all! While there are certain aspects of Christianity I embrace. I'm not a Christian!. Because there are too many aspects that I don't embrace. Many of Christianity's closes followers don't understand that it's not their job to judge or condem. Their mission is to be good people and do good acts. One of which is enlightening others to the word of God!

I quoted you Webby because your friends the Buddist will have a place and it's not Hell! I for one have read the Bible, Torah, and Quoran. I have also read some of the teachings of Buddism. Each religion has offered me many things and are very similar in their teachings. Each have passages that simply don't apply to the world we live in example: "Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together" (Deut.22:9-11). I'm not going to rule out the fact that God has revealed himself to Mohommed to bring fourth his teachings. I certainly won't tell a Hindhu that his teachings of peace and serinity are wrong. Nor will I tell a Christian they faith won't heal their souls!

As for Oprah, I don't much pay attention to her....But, yet I have understand where she's coming from oddly?

Christians continue to do your good works and remember the best medicine for us non-Christians is prayer. Prayer is Powerful! Your faith is a beautiful thing and blessing will fall upon you! Please don't misunderstand I believe in God! My belief is in a higher being that allows us to live our lives make mistakes and learn from them. I don't believe that a Being so beautiful could condem those who do God like things just because they don't use the King James Bible as their guide to salvation. ....JMO!

Oh and please keep in mind if anyone's condemming me.......I'll be the Sistah on the left sitting on the block of ice. These comments are just how I feel and I'm not trying to sway anyone or disprove anyone's beliefs.

P.S
I used this passage :"Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together" (Deut.22:9-11). Because this is a reference many racists use in defending their belief in not race mixing. I didn't use it to refute the Bible.

P...Double S

I know this is the Christian forum and openly admitting I'm not one was a no no! Never the less I still believe that Jesus lives! I just don't conform to any religion. But I have admiration for those who answered the call!

Last edited:
JamacianGurl,

I have heard many people say the same as you, speaking of American /western Christian however many of the people of the different religions you hsve spoke of do not subscribe to that thought. Also heaven is mostly a Judao Christian foundation belief. One cannot say that (and I have studied them all too) a buddist even believes in heaven so I never say they will go. Out of respect for others to choose what they believe, who they believe and why we can not group them under certain aspects of Christianity then defend them and say they will recieve the same. I do not believe that Gandhi believed as a Christian does. So to say he is in an eternal place with heaven in mind really disrepects their faith if you understand what I am saying. Hindu's do not have this concept of heaven as a Christian is taught. And they do not believe in a God as a Christian is taught. Though many of them know what Christianity teaches they have choose to remain in their belief. It seems Christians are not allowed to have their own belief with out being accused of excluding others from Christian belief. Buddha is not a God and Buddhist do not worship God. Therefore it can not be a path to the God of Judism and Christianity. Islam was founded on a pure rejection of the Jewish and Christian faith therefore it cannot be speaking of the same "God" lest you want to believe that God lied to somebody since the teachings contridict each other. Even Judism and Christianity diverge at Christ. Yes you can learn some wise everyday practical things to get you through your day from all of them but if you are seeking the salvation of the God of the Holy bible, everlasting life, the promise of the Gospel then it can only come from that faith in Jesus Christ. If you seek something else it will have to come from somewhere else.

I do not know what you are seeking but it sounded like you are missing the foundational points of all of these religions therefore over looking the fact that they do oppose one another. Christians are not trying to deny anyone the promise of Christ. But if you don't believe and accept him you cannot recieve from him.

Wow. What a deep post. I often wonder... why is it that when a christian (or anyone for that matter) states their belief, or opinion about something then it's called being "judgemental" or "Condemning". It's almost as if the accuser is feeling guilty, so they throw these terms back at you to justify whatever it is they're feeling guilty of. Now, don't get me wrong. If I say "Oh you are going to hell because you did such and such..." well then yes that is condemning. And that's wrong. But just because a person tells what they've learned from the bible, well that's not the same thing--to me anyway. If so oh well...

Which brings me to say that I was raised to believe in the bible. And according to my teachings and what I have read in the bible myself--God's word, there is only ONE way to him and that is through Christ. There is no other way. I can't believe that there is a soul on this earth that hasn't heard of Christ. Unless they're a baby maybe... but we know they're already accounted for. And like someone mentioned earlier, we're all going to be given the chance to accept him. Also like Pebbles said for those who didn't get a chance their fate is determined already by God.

The bible talks about all of these things coming such as false prophets, homosexuality, etc... look how it's being accepted in society now (another topic I know). And Christians (those who believe in Jesus Christ) being ridiculed. I'll continue to pray for those who are deceived by false teachings.

Last edited:
Vintagecoilylocks said:
JamacianGurl,

I have heard many people say the same as you, speaking of American /western Christian however many of the people of the different religions you hsve spoke of do not subscribe to that thought. Also heaven is mostly a Judao Christian foundation belief. One cannot say that (and I have studied them all too) a buddist even believes in heaven so I never say they will go. Out of respect for others to choose what they believe, who they believe and why we can not group them under certain aspects of Christianity then defend them and say they will recieve the same. I do not believe that Gandhi believed as a Christian does. So to say he is in an eternal place with heaven in mind really disrepects their faith if you understand what I am saying. Hindu's do not have this concept of heaven as a Christian is taught. And they do not believe in a God as a Christian is taught. Though many of them know what Christianity teaches they have choose to remain in their belief. It seems Christians are not allowed to have their own belief with out being accused of excluding others from Christian belief. Buddha is not a God and Buddhist do not worship God. Therefore it can not be a path to the God of Judism and Christianity. Islam was founded on a pure rejection of the Jewish and Christian faith therefore it cannot be speaking of the same "God" lest you want to believe that God lied to somebody since the teachings contridict each other. Even Judism and Christianity diverge at Christ. Yes you can learn some wise everyday practical things to get you through your day from all of them but if you are seeking the salvation of the God of the Holy bible, everlasting life, the promise of the Gospel then it can only come from that faith in Jesus Christ. If you seek something else it will have to come from somewhere else.

I do not know what you are seeking but it sounded like you are missing the foundational points of all of these religions therefore over looking the fact that they do oppose one another. Christians are not trying to deny anyone the promise of Christ. But if you don't believe and accept him you cannot recieve from him.

Thank you! For answering me. I don't think you quite got what I was saying...But, your answer to me was inspiring! I didn't say Gandi had a place in heaven...I said in a place eternal. Gandhi was a man that had spirit...What spirit...I don't know? I just know that god has given us too many great teachers that have not acknowledge him as God. It's to difficult for me to believe they will go without reward in death....Again JMO! You embrace a very good quality...You have tried to better understand others, which has given you strength! I think that all religions to some degree oppose one another to some degree don't you think? Protestants, Catholics,and Evengelists their teachings differ in some ways, but they all praise God. I'm not missing any of the foundational points of these other religions. I've taken the written words and attempted to better understand..it's all in interpretation....I guess!

Keep doing what you are doing...You make the world a better place! i do appreciate your words!

Stormy said:
Wow. What a deep post. I often wonder... why is it that when a christian (or anyone for that matter) states their belief, or opinion about something then it's called being "judgemental" or "Condemning". It's almost as if the accuser is feeling guilty, so they throw these terms back at you to justify whatever it is they're feeling guilty of. Now, don't get me wrong. If I say "Oh you are going to hell because you did such and such..." well then yes that is condemning. And that's wrong. But just because a person tells what they've learned from the bible, well that's not the same thing--to me anyway. If so oh well...

Which brings me to say that I was raised to believe in the bible. And according to my teachings and what I have read in the bible myself--God's word, there is only ONE way to him and that is through Christ. There is no other way. I can't believe that there is a soul on this earth that hasn't heard of Christ. Unless they're a baby maybe... but we know they're already accounted for. And like someone mentioned earlier, we're all going to be given the chance to accept him. Also like Pebbles said for those who didn't get a chance their fate is determined already by God.

The bible talks about all of these things coming such as false prophets, homosexuality, etc... look how it's being accepted in society now (another topic I know). And Christians (those who believe in Jesus Christ) being ridiculed. I'll continue to pray for those who are deceived by false teachings.

Christians are always accused because their faith is so strong. All religions pass judgment to some degree...Sorry if I wasn't clear! I was raised in a Catholic Muslim household. Not bean pie Muslim, but Arabic Muslim. So my beliefs are different. But I'm enlightened and inspired by those who walk the walk and talk the talk! All of you seem to embrace the Word and that's a true testimony right there.

JamcianGurl,

I understood you, And I am not trying to convert you but I believe God of the bible is the one I believe. Buddha rejected the existence of and felt no need to be subserviant to a God. Ghandhi believed in reincarnation and not the idea of being with God in heaven but eventually becoming a God through multiple rebirths and deaths. He also attributes his life improvements to himself and not God. So as a spiritual walk these faiths are not like Protestant or Catholic. What reward do you speak of? Ghandhi knew what he wanted why would the God of Abraham grant him anything different. Hindu's are not seeking to be with my God. He will not force them to be with him either. The belief or disbelief in the eternal living God is more than a denominational difference of Christianity. That was the point I just wanted to tell you. A Hindu would tell you he does not want the rewards from the Christian God. A Buddhist believes the God of the bible does not exist. :)

Oprah may not want to give Jesus His props now but one day she will. Its only a matter of time before all will.

(Phi 2:10) So at the name of Jesus everyone will bow down, those in heaven, on earth, and under the earth.

(Phi 2:11) And to the glory of God the Father everyone will openly agree, "Jesus Christ is Lord!"

ladydee36330 said:
Oprah may not want to give Jesus His props now but one day she will. Its only a matter of time before all will.

(Phi 2:10) So at the name of Jesus everyone will bow down, those in heaven, on earth, and under the earth.

(Phi 2:11) And to the glory of God the Father everyone will openly agree, "Jesus Christ is Lord!"

Let the church say AMEN! :clap:

Vintagecoilylocks said:
JamcianGurl,

I understood you, And I am not trying to convert you but I believe God of the bible is the one I believe. Buddha rejected the existence of and felt no need to be subserviant to a God. Ghandhi believed in reincarnation and not the idea of being with God in heaven but eventually becoming a God through multiple rebirths and deaths. He also attributes his life improvements to himself and not God. So as a spiritual walk these faiths are not like Protestant or Catholic. What reward do you speak of? Ghandhi knew what he wanted why would the God of Abraham grant him anything different. Hindu's are not seeking to be with my God. He will not force them to be with him either. The belief or disbelief in the eternal living God is more than a denominational difference of Christianity. That was the point I just wanted to tell you. A Hindu would tell you he does not want the rewards from the Christian God. A Buddhist believes the God of the bible does not exist. :)

Ok I fully understand you...But that wasn't my point. My point was those other religions believe in a higher being. I never stated they believe in God. Of course your not trying to convert you are simply spreading the word...There's a big difference! Plus as a servant you are doing what's expected ...teaching.

When i say I'm not Christian...That simply means that I don't possess the necessary components...Like turning the other cheek, not drinking, not cursing, and forgiveness. Like I said I believe in God and even historians cannot dismiss that Jesus walked! I just believe, that before I claim anything pure...I need to come with clean hands. To me back sliding is not an option! Again JMO!

JamericanGurl said:
Ok I fully understand you...But that wasn't my point. My point was those other religions believe in a higher being. I never stated they believe in God. Of course your not trying to convert you are simply spreading the word...There's a big difference! Plus as a servant you are doing what's expected ...teaching.

When i say I'm not Christian...That simply means that I don't possess the necessary components...Like turning the other cheek, not drinking, not cursing, and forgiveness. Like I said I believe in God and even historians cannot dismiss that Jesus walked! I just believe, that before I claim anything pure...I need to come with clean hands. To me back sliding is not an option! Again JMO!
This is where Jesus comes into play with the Christian faith... no Christian is perfect. Everyone has sinned and fallen short of God's glory. Jesus died on the cross for the punishment of our sins. When we sin, we must ask God for forgiveness of our sins. ;)

JamericanGurl said:
I don't believe that a Being so beautiful could condem those who do God like things just because they don't use the King James Bible as their guide to salvation. ....JMO!
Gurl, that is what I was trying to say all along.

I honestly believe that some people can't help but project their own small mindedness onto God. They think God and Salvation are restricted and limited and contained in only 1 book, and that's it. Everything else is the work of Satan. Wouldn't that make Satan the most powerful being in the universe, more powerful even than God?

Back