Optimum Salon Care Line Review and Allergy to Menthol

leona2025

I bought the Shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, and mask yesterday and used them last night. Unfortunately none of theses products work for me. I think these may be protein products. They had that effect on my hair.

My hair airdryed rough and kind of crunchy. I'm passing these products on to my sister who needs a protein strengthening line. I just need moisture at this point and I have my product for protein.

The products definitely added a little strength to my hair, but I will be rewashing today. The conditioner was thin and kind of watery. I like a thick cream conditioner. The mask was fairly thick and was the consistency of curdled milk.

In my thread about Hairone it was mentioned perhaps I have a allergy to menthol. When I used the dc mask for this line I got the same burning sensation as with hairone and when I read the ingredients and compared both products had menthol.

LunadeMiel

I'm sorry they didn't work for you :( I used this line and I love it. I find that with the deep conditioner you have to leave it in for at least an hour to soften the hair. I usually follow it up with aussie moist to add slip and extra softening.

leona2025

LunadeMiel I really wanted this to work for me because your hair is so beautiful and I'm trying to get my products down. I was planning on giving my sister all my products and just keeping this line. Then I could still use them, but not have to store them in my stash:look:. lol

I left the mask on for several hours since I don't use heat and I cleaned my house with my hair covered in a shower cap. That's the part that I found lacking the slip.