How many Bad Products Will You Try in a Line

How Many Bad Products Will You Try in a Line Before You Realize You Hate the Line

• Total voters

NaturalEnigma

before realizing your hair doesn't like what that line has to offer. I've read posts where people will go through a whole product line just to see if they'll find something that works for them. Personally if I try 2 products from a line and I don't like it I'll just leave it alone and look for something else. I tried Darcy's Botanicals hair milk and deep conditioning mask and I hated both. The only thing that worked for me was her peach kernel oil which was given to me as a free sample. I think her products are too thick for my hair. Her hair milk was more like a hair butter. :lol: She has a lot of other products that I'm interested in trying, but I'm afraid of wasting my money on some thick/heavy conditioner/moisturizer that won't penetrate my hair. I know some lines have free samples, but unfortunately not all of them do. So ladies how many bad products will you try in a line before you decide to hand in the towel.

Last edited:

ksly4ever

I will usually only try one product and if I don't like it or it reacts badly on my hair I will not go back. I don't have the storage space or the money to waste on things that are not working for me right now, lol

Xaragua

OP, I agree with you I will try 2 products from a specific line, if they don't work then i will try something new.

chebaby

it depends on how bad the products were. if they were so bad my hair was dry and crunchy then i say two products. but if i can tell its a good product but it just didnt work for me then i may try more.
but i usually buy more than one product from a line at a time so its not like im using bad products and then keep buying more, usually i already have the product.

Zaz

It's like that Einstein quote someone had the other day: Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein.

Every line can have genius but you have to try the right things :giggle:.

I voted 3 but would have picked 'other'. If it's a board popular line like say AO, most everyone agrees that the shampoos suck (they're too stripping) so if you tried 2 AO shampoos you'd give up on the line without finding the awesomness that is my beloved GPB :love:

So I'll usually try the 3 most popular items from the line, if I hated all three than I won't try anything else.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
for me, the rotten apple spoiled the whole bunch =(

if I'm new to the brand and have a bad experience with it, I'll be hesitant to buying anything else from them.

there's power inna name..

EllePixie

I would have to say "other." For me, it depends on what kind of products I didn't like and what made me not like it. If I don't like a styler, I may still try a conditioner. Also, there's a big difference between me not liking a product because I thought it was meh, and me ****** my hair up (severe dryness and/or tangling). If a product makes it so my hair needs recovery days, I'm reluctant to try anything else from the line, especially if they have similar ingredients.

maxineshaw

One and I'm done. I won't waste my money on a brand that doesn't get the first product I wanted to work right. It's kind of like going to a bad chinese restaurant. Why keep trying different dishes when they don't know how to make an egg roll?

Tiye

before realizing your hair doesn't like what that line has to offer. I've read posts where people will go through a whole product line just to see if they'll find something that works for them. Personally if I try 2 products from a line and I don't like it I'll just leave it alone and look for something else. I tried Darcy's Botanicals hair milk and deep conditioning mask and I hated both. The only thing that worked for me was her peach kernel oil which was given to me as a free sample. I think her products are too thick for my hair. Her hair milk was more like a hair butter. :lol: She has a lot of other products that I'm interested in trying, but I'm afraid of wasting my money on some thick/heavy conditioner/moisturizer that won't penetrate my hair. I know some lines have free samples, but unfortunately not all of them do. So ladies how many bad products will you try in a line before you decide to hand in the towel.

I agree - no more than 2 or 3. BTW if the milk is oil based then you can just add some light oil like grapeseed or almond oil to thin it out. And for regular conditioner that's too thick just add water or herbal tea - on the plus side if it works for your hair then you may be getting up to twice the value for your money.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
It depends.

For me, since I tend to purchase the item that seems to get the best reviews OR that will work for my hair, if it doesn't work - its one and done. For other items, I might consider trying other items in the line if I determine that I selected incorrectly.

Aireen

To me if the conditioner is bad, the whole line is too. I honestly can't see the shampoo being moisturizing or softening to the hair if the conditioner that is supposed to add moisture BACK into the hair is bad. So from that response, usually it's 1 or 2 products because I still might give the deep conditioner a chance if the conditioner was crap.

Last edited:

ThickRoot

I don't know about bad products but I said two cause I usually try the moisturizer and DC first, and if those aren't on point I usually don't go any further.

CurlsBazillion

I voted 2. ORS "Olive Oil" in the small jar sucks to me but I was ok with the moisturizer until I realized leave ins were for me but I love the replenishment paks. To me this whole hair thing is a bunch of trail and error, and I don't wanna miss out on something great because of a bad exprience which is why I have to many products now.

Vashti

Two products. After that I look elsewhere. I may not think the entire line is bad, just that it didn't work for me.

twatombl

I voted two, but I also try the product twice as well to make sure the first try isn't the one that I base my opinion on. I try the product again making adjustments to ensure that didn't play a part in my initial bad experience.

Carisa

I say other. I'd rather look at the ingredients and determine what I will and won't try. Also I have realized that my hair isn't that picky and likes most things I have tried so using 1 bad product wouldn't deter me from using other products in that line.

nik83

For me it depends on how many products I bought in the line at one time. I I bought multiple products I will try everything to see if any of it is redeemable. For instance I was given a gift set, although most of the products were a no go for me, I loved others, but it still tainted my view of the brand in general. If I were to have purchased one individual product and didn't like it, it would be a wrap.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i will try one shampoo. shampoo stripping is too hard to correct IMO. if the shampoo is bad, i usually don't try anymore from that line.

however, i will try two conditioners in a line. a moisturizing type and a protein type.

so my answer is three.