Order of Pre Poo and deep conditioner

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
So sorry if this was already a thread...couldn't find it
If you pre poo at what stage do you deep condition? It seems like a lot of people deep condition on dry hair if so do you still pre poo, add the deep condition, wash, condition, leave in etc?

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

i do it exactly how you mentioned it. if i do prepoo i will put it in, then my DC on dry hair and then wash, condition and put my leave ins.
i dont tend to do alot of prepooing if i am DCing on dry hair though. Sometimes i will put an oil on though with a DC and steam it or use a heating cap.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I refuse to wash my hair after I dc...I feel like it's washing everything I just put in out. The order I dc on dry hair is: Pre-poo, Shampoo, lightly condition with an instant conditioner if needed to help detangle (sometimes I'll only shampoo, depends on how tangled my hair is), let my hair air dry loose (dosen't take long), apply deep conditioner to dry hair, that's it. It works amazing and I get the full benefits of the dc.

libertysince05

I refuse to wash my hair after I dc...I feel like it's washing everything I just put in out. The order I dc on dry hair is: Pre-poo, Shampoo, lightly condition with an instant conditioner if needed to help detangle (sometimes I'll only shampoo, depends on how tangled my hair is), let my hair air dry loose (dosen't take long), apply deep conditioner to dry hair, that's it. It works amazing and I get the full benefits of the dc.
i follow the same method, (i usually pre-poo with oils overnight) except that i wash and allow my hair to dry on twists.
i might actually just dc the next day depending on how i feel

Curlykale

interesting, thanks for sharing! I don't understand: basically the deep conditioner on dry, clean hair doesn't get rinsed off and it also has the function of a leave-in?

Harina

How long does this typically take you?

Urban

I prepoo, deep condition, rinse deep conditioner out, leave in.

I don't see the sense in shampooing or washing after a DC. Like Pokahontas pointed out, it seems like you'd just be washing out all the goodies from the DC.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
interesting, thanks for sharing! I don't understand: basically the deep conditioner on dry, clean hair doesn't get rinsed off and it also has the function of a leave-in?
No it's rinsed out. I just didnt add that part because i assumed everyone knew that was next. I apply the dc, sit under the dryer 20 minutes and rinse.