Organic deep conditioners and masks

let's see... sometimes i use Giovanni's Smooth as Silk conditioner
(has a bit of protein in it) as a deep conditioner. It's organic... also Giovanni's 50:50 hydrating calming conditioner is a nice protein free option. not too expensive, either. they sell the BIG bottles (liters) of the conditioner for only 12.99 at marshall's and tj maxx... and smaller, BIG bottles (i think they're 24 oz, but i could be wrong) for 9.99.

sometimes i'll add to those, by mixing them with honey, or an egg if i'm in need of a little extra protein.

hope that helps :)

let's see... sometimes i use Giovanni's Smooth as Silk conditioner
(has a bit of protein in it) as a deep conditioner. It's organic... also Giovanni's 50:50 hydrating calming conditioner is a nice protein free option. not too expensive, either. they sell the BIG bottles (liters) of the conditioner for only 12.99 at marshall's and tj maxx... and smaller, BIG bottles (i think they're 24 oz, but i could be wrong) for 9.99.

sometimes i'll add to those, by mixing them with honey, or an egg if i'm in need of a little extra protein.

hope that helps :)

Are you serious?!?!? Why didn't I know this? I LOVE Giovanni Smooth as Silk. It's my favorite (and only, for now) deep conditioner.

Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner ( karensbodybeautiful.com )
Oyin Honey Hemp ( oyinhandmade.com )

i was just looking at this site.

have you used any of the moisturizers?

more specifically the h2o and the shea butter ones?

<3

Which products are you talking about? I bought a good number of My Honey Child's conditioners, and the only one worth buying was the Olive You. Even then, with my TWA, I breezed through,which meant it wasn't economical. Many of her products are thin and watery, even the deep conditioners. HTH

Aubrey Organics GBP - protein
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose - moisture
Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask - moisture & light protein/100% plant derived
Phytospecific Vital Force Creme Bath - protein/100% plant derived
Phytojojoba Intense Hydration Mask - moisture/100% plant derived
Phytokarite Intense Nutrition - moisture&protein/100% plant derived
Phytospecific Optimal Hydration Milke - moisture/100% plant derived

is organic the same as natural?
i love shescentit's banana brulee conditioner. i leave it in overnight of for a couple of hours without heat.

Oh, forgot one:
Giovanni Direct Smooth As Silk Deep Moisture Treatment. Another person mentioned, and I agree that it is an EXCELLENT organic deep conditioner. Good ingredients, good finish, good price.

Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Treatment Mask. (plant-based, but not sure if completely organic). A very rich, deep moisturizing conditioner that is great.

Thats all I can think of for Organic Deep Conditioners. I know many other great ones that are not organic. Good luck finding what your hair loves best.

Lovie

Last edited:
Which products are you talking about? I bought a good number of My Honey Child's conditioners, and the only one worth buying was the Olive You. Even then, with my TWA, I breezed through,which meant it wasn't economical. Many of her products are thin and watery, even the deep conditioners. HTH

oops...i meant the komaza, actually

i didnt even realize the my honeychild was there. haha.

Aubrey Organics white camelia
Abba Pure Moisture Conditioner are 2 really nice ones as well.

Hi Aggie,
I've seen Abba Pure Moisture a few times and have been tempted to try it, but always leave it behind. They have it at Marshalls for about half the retail price. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate the slip? Just curious.

(Thats how the PJ-ism always starts, isn't it?)

[Edit]:
10 = So smooth, so much slip...whats is IN this bottle??!
1 = Horribly dry, no slip - is this a chelating shampoo?

Last edited:
Hi Aggie,
I've seen Abba Pure Moisture a few times and have been tempted to try it, but always leave it behind. They have it at Marshalls for about half the retail price. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate the slip? Just curious.

[Edit]:

I use Abba Pure Moisture and I would rate it a 7 in slip...It softens the hair for detangling but the comb doesn't 'glide through like butter' (I've yet to find any con that does that for me though)...Oh, and I use it as a rinse out, not a dc.

Hi Aggie,

[Edit]:

Actually this is on my wish list to purchase but it was recommended by Sistaslick so I want it too. From here on, the only products I want to really purchase are organic ones so my 2 choices are Abba and Giovanni hair products. I also want to try Aveda, but it is so expensive so I may not get that one. Even so, I still want to try the Redken butter treat and joico moisture recovery conditioners which btw are not organic:grin:.

Last edited:
I use Abba Pure Moisture and I would rate it a 7 in slip...It softens the hair for detangling but the comb doesn't 'glide through like butter' (I've yet to find any con that does that for me though)...Oh, and I use it as a rinse out, not a dc.

Are you serious? Sounds like your water might be a little hard. Do you have a shower filter? I have one and I had felt this same way about Keracare humecto until I bought my shower filter and now the comb simply glides efforetlessly through my hair no matter what kind of conditioner I use. BTW, I bought a Sprite HOC model for around $42.99. I really do feel that the type of shower filter makes a whole lot of difference as well.

Are you serious? Sounds like your water might be a little hard. Do you have a shower filter? I have one and I had felt this same way about Keracare humecto until I bought my shower filter and now the comb simply glides efforetlessly through my hair no matter what kind of conditioner I use. BTW, I bought a Sprite HOC model for around $42.99. I really do feel that the type of shower filter makes a whole lot of difference as well.

Hmm, maybe I should try a water filter. I'm not sure if my water is hard. I live in NYC (NY ladies, is our water hard?). By effortlessly, do you mean that the comb glides through while you still have con in it and are rinsing out your hair under water? Or do you detangle with just con in it and then rinse under water?

Hmm, maybe I should try a water filter. I'm not sure if my water is hard. I live in NYC (NY ladies, is our water hard?). By effortlessly, do you mean that the comb glides through while you still have con in it and are rinsing out your hair under water? Or do you detangle with just con in it and then rinse under water?

I don't comb my hair with poo or con in it, I always wash both of them out first, then comb, sometimes while still wet, (I know I know, I shouldn't be doing this) and sometimes when it's already air dried. I only get a little combing resistance when my hair is just about ready for a relaxer:yep:.

Two very yummy combos:

Giovanni 50/50 conditioner with Aubrey GPB... I use about 70% Giovanni and 30% GPB... mix the two together... nice treat.

Giovanni 50/50 and Aubrey HSR... oooh laaaa laaaaa... this is just a moisturizing beauty.

These two mixtures are really good for me, I don't really care for the HSR and GPB alone (I think b/c it's too thick), but mixed with the Giovanni, it's perfect, it's like the perfect thickness and balance for me. The Giovanni alone is good, but mixing it with the Aubrey conditioners give it much more substance.

MOP(Modern Organic Products) Extreme Moisture I love this deep conditioner! Most of my staples come from this line.

Actually this is on my wish list to purchase but it was recommended by Sistaslick so I want it too. From here on, the only products I want to really purchase are organic ones so my 2 choices are Abba and Giovanni hair products. I also want to try Aveda, but it is so expensive so I may not get that one. Even so, I still want to try the Redken butter treat and joico moisture recovery conditioners which btw are not organic:grin:.

Hmmm. Good to know. I regard many of Sistaslick's words as the holy haircare commandments, so its good to know she gives that one a thumbs up. Much thanks for the feedback. :eek:)

Lovie

I was just about to add mop extreme moisture. when i finished it, i actually cut the tube to get the rest lol. i love this stuff. i'm going to bath and body tomorrow to get some more.

I was eyeing these ones myself. Do they provide a lot of slip or leave it feeling kinda hard?
I have not experience my hair being hard after I use the products. I normally prepoo with cholestrol before I shampoo. I use the C-Hydration Shampoo and then the EM and I my hair is butter soft and very easy to detangle. I have finally found something that does not dry or strip my hair during the washing conditioning process.

What I really like is that with a few more ingredients, you can make a carmel treatment out of this condidtioner. I used it on SO hair under the steamer (he's a 3C) and he had curls and shine to it he normally doesn't have.

Back