ORGANIC ROOT STIMULATOR Olive Oil Replenishing Pak

goldensensation

Many of you give this product a good rating. I've never used it before but I am interested in incorporating this into my mother's regimen as a mid-week conditioner wash product. Do you think that it would work good for condition washes? How many packs would be needed for shoulder length hair? Is it good at moisturizing?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what the Replenshing Pak is, but i use the whole line and it's great. The Olive Oil Moisturizer is great. Keep my hair shiny and moist.

I have never used it for conditioner washes. i used it as a deep conditioenr.It was pretty moisturizing too. My only problem like with ever single conditioner I try I don't get alot of slip when I am detangling in the shower. I think one pack should be enough for shoulder-length hair.

Thanks, ladies! The only other ORS product that she uses is the ORS Dry scalp relief oil with Chinese herbs. She swears by it! It got rid of her horrible dry scalp problems. I'll pick some up tomorrow at Family Dollar.

The scalp Scrub is also good. that's one of my staple products. you have to mix it with baking soda. A pic of it is in my album.

I love the ORS replenishing paks! I use them for deep conditioning, especially after i self-relax (they also come in the ORS no lye relaxer kits). I'm sure they're great for daily CWs, but because it's so uber-softening and moisturizing (that and they're a pain in the arse to find in stores :lol:) I stick with them for deep cons.

my mummy loves these and the ORS relaxer, her hair has stopped shedding so much and she is now retaining length glad to see this worked for your mum

i love it i still have some paks left..they also sell them at the Dollar store...but it makes my hair so soft...and it smells good too..i wish that they did sell it in a jar

That stuffs awesome and I wouldn't DARE using it as a CO wash...:eek: You deep condition with it. I mix mine with cholestrol and honey, yum-me!!! :yep: .....I'm glad it worked for your mom goldensensation....

NOT to hijack the thread but, NewYorkgyrl, I can't believe you don't get slip from this. Tell us what other conds. you've tried. Tell us your washing technique...

onepraying said:
That stuffs awesome and I wouldn't DARE using it as a CO wash...:eek: You deep condition with it. I mix mine with cholestrol and honey, yum-me!!! :yep: .....I'm glad it worked for your mom goldensensation....

NOT to hijack the thread but, NewYorkgyrl, I can't believe you don't get slip from this. Tell us what other conds. you've tried. Tell us your washing technique...

LOL. I've never used it to CW with either. I LOVE this stuff too! Amazing slip. Everytime I go to Family Dollar, I buy out the box. :lol: I should have enough to last me if they every have the AUDACITY to ever stop making it. I wrote them before begging them to put it in a jar, but I guess they didn't listen.

I loooove this product! I happened to stumble upon it in the hair store and it has worked wonders for my hair. One pack has so much conditioner in it to really coat my "barely shoulder length" hair and make it so soft. I definitely keep these around the house.

Cosign on this one! This stuff is excellent, I buy 5 or 6 at a time whenever I need to restock! And that orange-y citrus smell?? to die for!!;)

OMG, I just bought a pack for my mom but hasnt touched it yet. I am gonna have to get one for myself this weekend.. wait, did I say one? I'm gonna stock up :)

My mom and I love this stuff and it does smell great-like oranges. It provides moisture and slip. It's just too bad they don't sell it in bigger jars. My mom also swears by their carrot oil.

HarmonySD said:
Cosign on this one! This stuff is excellent, I buy 5 or 6 at a time whenever I need to restock! And that orange-y citrus smell?? to die for!!;)

Ditto on the smell! :love:

I love this stuff! It's definately one of my staples. I've written to them and request that they make the stuff in larger sizes...I guess it fell on deaf ears. I usually just buy a whole box at Family dollar...can't get enough of this!

does anyone use this as their main deep conditioner? Or is is used in conjunction with other deep conditioners for the best effect?

You know I think that they make it in bottles, but only for Professionals though... :ohwell:
My mom uses the ORS line and the last time I went home she had this great orangey smelling conditioner by them. I will have to ask her.

secretdiamond said:
does anyone use this as their main deep conditioner? Or is is used in conjunction with other deep conditioners for the best effect?

I've used it as my main DC and had great results. The slip and detangling properties are unbelievable. Since I do like mixing stuff up I usually mix it with some other deep treatments/reconstructors and some honey or olive/castor oils for amazing results...but it great on its' own as well.:)

hopeg80 said:
You know I think that they make it in bottles, but only for Professionals though... :ohwell:
My mom uses the ORS line and the last time I went home she had this great orangey smelling conditioner by them. I will have to ask her.

Sorry False alarm! She said that it was a Moisturizing conditioner. I tried to find the website to see if it was available in stores, but no luck.

I was inspired by this thread to try this out. So I went to Family Dollar and bought 3 packs. When I came home I tried one. The results were GREAT! This is a great deep conditioner! Thanks.

I am continually amazed at how well this works for 99 cents:grin:! I use this at least twice a month and always after color and my hair feels soft and supple. I always buy out the BSS. Dollar General also carries it for $1.25.

Back