ORS olive oil. Yay or Nay?

sweetascocoa

Because of the thread about the ORS carrot oil, i went to the BSS yesterday. I got the olive oil instead because i have thin hair and i was scred of the protein in the carrot oil. The olive oil has mineral oil though. But since i clarify once a month, i decided to give it a try.

Anyone use and love this moisturiser. So far, its moisturisng my hair better than my HG moisturiser, elasta qp recovery :eek:

mstasha

I also picked up some ORS olive oil and I have used it for about 4 days and I love it too. My hair is still has shine and does not feel weighed down. I have used the QP moisturizer and it dries my hair out.

kimmy132

Yea I really Like the ORS Olive Oil it is very moisturizing and heavy so it's good at controlling my frizzies while transitioning. :) If I was relaxed I probably would not like it as much or use an ample amount as I do because my hair is fine and it does have the tendency to weigh your hair down.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Yeah, it does have a tendency to weigh my hair down. I have the one without the mineral oil, and now it's just sittin in a basket somewhere with countless other products.

Syrah

Ain't nothing wrong with Mineral Oil. It works for some...it doesn't work for other. Just realize that Mineral Oil and Petrolatum cause buildup and can clog pores if the buildup becomes an issue - so you'll to be more "diligent" about shampooing...

But other than that - it's all good. I've read some ladies having great results with ORS Olive Oil...

...and all this relaxer talk about the ORS relaxer is tempting my natural behind. :)

sweetascocoa

TSUprincess04 said:
Yeah, it does have a tendency to weigh my hair down. I have the one without the mineral oil, and now it's just sittin in a basket somewhere with countless other products.
there's another ORS olive oil without mineral oil?

MissFallon

toosexy1 said:
there's another ORS olive oil without mineral oil?

Yep it comes in a jar and the package looks a little different. It is usually about a dollar more than the one with mineral oil. Tried the one with mineral oil in the bottle and the container and it weighs my hair down and doesnt seem to really moisturize. Sticking to my HB Carrot Oil on my ends.

Candy_C

i say NAY...i just hated it, but i used it on dry hair and oil moisturizers NEVERRRR worked for me on dry hair, i bet if i used it on wet clean hair it would be aiight

DulceKisses

High Fashion
Yay for me. Absolutely love it. This is the 1st moisturizer that actually moisturized my hair. Im in bantu knot sets alot and it help moisturze and adds great shine to my bantu curls.

gradygirl

Well I tried it last night and I give it a yay. I used it on wet hair and most stuff just usually sits on my hair but this stuff soaked right in. It's a keeper for me on wet hair.

sweetascocoa

well, its still working. ive relaised that if i apply it on wet hair after applying my leave in, my hair still feels moisturised till the next wash day. so i dont have to use it everyday

Are you talking about ORS olive oil moisturiser? I use it every morning and evening and my hair is constantly mosturised. Some evenings i even give it a miss and in the morning my hair is still mosturised.