ORS or Wildgrowth? Help!!!

skegeesmb

I need help. I love WGHO! I've been using since 1996 but my boyfriend says it stinks to high hell. He doesn't like to hug and snuggle up to me because it smells so strong. I was wondering if there is anything I can put in the oil to get rid of the strong odor (and also where I can purchase that product to put in my Wildgrowth Oil). Or should I switch to ORS oil and mayonnaise? I just can't bear to be without WGHO, so I need to know if there are any options that are just as good as WGHO, or something I can do to tone down the smell.

Thanks /images/graemlins/frown.gif

beana3

this may sound weird, but i likethe smell of WGO!!!! my Bf hates the smell also, so on days i see him i'll use ORS carrot oil (which is creamy) on my hair. I still haven't given up on good ole WGO, but carrot oil is a good alternative on those days.

oh and BTW i used to add a few drops of rosemary oil and peppemint oil to tone down the smell, and it RUINED the effectiveness of the WGO. $8 gone to waste. Some people like to add additional oils, but for me WGO on its own works just fine.

daviine

Girl.....I don't use wildgrowth oil but I once tried carrot oil and that stuff smells to high heaven in my opinion.

Why not take him with you to smell the Carrot Oil and see what he says. Or tell him to smell what he likes and pay for it and if it doesn't wok on your hair, he must go back to the store and try another til you are BOTH satisfied.....buthe has to pay for it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Girl, whatever you do, stop using it if he's going to stop cuddling on you.......

Have you ever tried the homeamade version of Wildgrowth......I'm not sure if that smells or not becasue I don't remember if I ever made it or not...I've made too much stuff over the years.

Good Luck mama!!!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Robin41

I don't really mind the smell as much as some do but I tend to use is VERY sparingly, really just on my hairline, and I use it at night so by the time I have to face the public, the smell is gone. My husband hasn't said anything about the smell and he notices everything, I mean EVERYTHING!!

Maybe you could just use the WGO where you need it and use a more fragrant oil for the rest of your hair. I know you want to smell nice for your honey, but would he really turn down some body heat cause of the way your hair smells? /images/graemlins/wink.gif
If I had to choose, I'd choose the honey and let the WGO go. Good luck to ya!

Lucia

you could mix the WGO with jasmin scented coconut oil or any pleasent scented oil for hair form the indian market. It will mellow the smell, I'm so used to it I don't even smell it anymore. You could also just use a little bit at night b/4 you go to bed.
hth