Problem areas anyone?

missyT

For as long as I can remember I have had a v. thin hairline, mainly on the sides and this has limited the number of hairstyles I can wear. For example, I rarely wear my hair up off my face, or when I do, I have to wear a scarf, headband or some sort of accessory to cover it.
I think I have tryed and am still trying everything to get it to grow. I've used ORS fertilising temple balm and serum, surge, WGHO and at the moment I am using both Ors temple balm and surge, WGHO and trying to keep it super moisturised. It is highly depressing because the rest of my hair grows and my hair just looks wrong when I attempt to wear it in a fro. *sigh*

Anyway, if there is anybody else who has this problem, pease share. Otherwise, do you have a 'problem area' and what are you doing to help it?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
My hairline used to be kinda thin until I stopped relaxing. But I see that you're natural. I also take Super B-Complex which helped thicken my hair tremendously!!!

Anyway, a problem I started having after I cut my hair in 2003 was that if you looked at my hair from the back, my hair would be shorter in the middle than on the sides. Now, it has been filling in from taking better care of my hair.

Shatani

my problem area is the front center of my hair and the top (crown)....i have A LOT of breakage in these areas, and my scalp is very sensitive there, especially in the front....it bothers me a lot :(

Poobity

My edges are my problem area. After I had my son, they came out due to postpartum shedding and are growing in S-L-O-W-L-Y. The boy is almost 3 and they still look sparse. I'm not sure if I should try to buy something (vitamins, Surge, etc.) to help aid growth or if I should just accept that my egdes are going to be thin. :ohwell:

Mizani_Mrs

my problem area is the lower back of my hair. the middle part always breaks off and the sides stay pretty long. I HATE that so much... it's always been like that. I"m hoping that when i get my touch-up, i'm going to trim my ends in a U-shape and not just straight across....I am hoping and praying that this will be the end of this problem since lately i've been really taking care of my hair.

bludacious

My problem area is my crown. Stressful times that is where my hands go. Scratching in my head.... So, if broke off. My beautician cut it so that can be hidden. I am happy to report that it is growing! Looks very healthy now(Still short, though!).

Tru_Mind

Shatani said:
my problem area is the front center of my hair and the top (crown)....i have A LOT of breakage in these areas, and my scalp is very sensitive there, especially in the front....it bothers me a lot :(
My problem area has always been my crown. When I experience breakage it's always the crown area...and I have to wait on it to grow back in...like I'm doing now.

Shatani

tru_mind said:
My problem area has always been my crown. When I experience breakage it's always the crown area...and I have to wait on it to grow back in...like I'm doing now.
yep!! its the slowest growing....the back of my hair is around 4 or 5 inches pst my shoulder, but the crown is just as shoulder length.....it sucks! :(

scoobygirl

My problem area is in the center of my head spreading out in about a 1 1/2 in radius. It stays dry no matter what I do or the state of my hair (fresh perm or several weeks of newgrowth). My hair also tends to break off in that area. A stylist once told me that it could be a stress spot.

My second problem area is the top third of my hairline. It just fills harder and slightly drier than the rest of my hair. I've found a conditioner that seems to be working on the dryness for both areas but I want to use it for a few weeks before giving it a definite thumbs up.

I guess a third problem area is my edges. They are finer and softer than the rest of my hairline and have a tendency to thin out periodically. Its done that since I was a child and even when I was natural. I've been using some copper sprays and it seems to be working but it's too early to be sure.

Wow, I didn't realize I had so many problem areas. LOL

Dolapo

my nape area doesnt gro. its like 3 inches and its always been like that. also, the right side of my hair relaxes faster than the left side so the left side is always underprocessed

jaded_faerie

My edges are non existant...they were always thin once i got a relaxer, and once i didnt take care of my hair, it fell out...they have been growing in though.

The front of my hair also grows veryyyyyyyyyyyyy slow, im not sure if its due to the fact that i have highlights on the front part of my hair...

BLESSED1

I have a V-shaped hairline too, the temples look thin. But I wear my hair off my face, I don't have bangs, and I get compliments. I massage my scalp (concentrating on the hairline) and surge/apply castor oil religiously but still no growth or thickening. I don't get breakage in those areas though, I'm starting to think that this is just how my hairline is :ohwell: