Outing a youtube lace wig scammer.. from the most gangsta diva on youtube

werenumber2

I think its kind of tacky for them to be hashing this out for the whole world to see. I mean apparently they both have each other's phone number. They can't discuss this over the phone?

It seems as if the girl repeatedly failed to respond to April's attempts to contact her privately, so she had to do what she had to do. It's funny how "unbusy" a person can get as soon as they're called out publicly.

Adaoba2012

I think its kind of tacky for them to be hashing this out for the whole world to see. I mean apparently they both have each other's phone number. They can't discuss this over the phone?

I mean clearly they can't talk over the phone since April said that she called her and e-mailed her many times with no response. She gave her 6 months for crying out loud! :lol: But she had me when she said "Shiesty Shoddy Scammer you get the 3 S's" haha April gives me life with her videos!

naturalmanenyc

Wow!!! Glad the scammer got caught and called out. I read about her on BHM a while back but to have April out her on youtube is priceless.

Beware scammers. You will be caught. The world is much smaller with youtube, facebook, twitter, etc.

krissyprissy

See now I usually walk away from this type of foolishness but this ish is funny. :D :D :D

BTW: Miss Muffins and that cigarette is just priceless and I don't smoke.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I don't think it is funny, quite honestly. If I were in the situation, I would call BBB, call my credit card to dispute her,and call it a day. Outing her numerous times on You Tube just makes you look petty. JMHO. I know she's frustrated, but it just makes her look really bad. Some may have gotten a good laugh off it, but, it left a really bad vibe with me.:nono:

sheba1

I hear you, DD, but I'm going to be honest. That's how predators get over. They count on the fact that most people don't like conflict and aren't going to spotlight something like this. But this seller had already been scamming people and still would have scammed many more if she hadn't been publicly addressed.

Had April disputed it with her credit card she may have gotten her money back but it wouldn't have protected future potential victims. And we all know April (muffinsismylovers) is a woman of the people.

I say good for April and bravo. She saved a lot of people from going through the same hassle. She had real feelings about it but she didn't do anything illegal... she didn't take it to the streets although you can tell she may have thought about it. I really appreciate her willing to "look bad" to tell the truth about an ugly situation.

*CherryPie*

It's GREAT that April is calling her out on youtube so EVERYONE can know about this shady seller! April is doing it, not only for herself, but for others also.

I love April (muffinismylovers).

*CherryPie*

That's exactly what scammers want you to do.....and when you finish, they'll go to the next person and scam them. April is trying to put a stop to it.

You gotta stand up for yourself, and if possible, try to put a stop to it, so others wont have to go throgh it in the future.

I don't think it is funny, quite honestly. If I were in the situation, I would call BBB, call my credit card to dispute her,and call it a day. Outing her numerous times on You Tube just makes you look petty. JMHO. I know she's frustrated, but it just makes her look really bad. Some may have gotten a good laugh off it, but, it left a really bad vibe with me.:nono:

Last edited:

An_gell

WooW!!! I am glad she did the video, all the profanity could have been left out though. But I been contemplating buying a lace front and they are expensive so I can see why she was mad, and I'm glad she did give a heads up to the people (like me) that don't know much about who has the best wigs and who to purchase from. As much as I online shop it's good to know. I already get mad that some of the stuff I order takes about 3 weeks to get to me. So I'm glad she did make the video, but I do believe she should have made the one and left it alone. She did enough damage with the first one, cuz it definitely had my mouth dropping to the floor.

EllePixie

I LOVE APRIL!!!! Get her! I will admit some of what she said was hilarious, but I think it's awesome that she called her out, and I would have done the same thing if I had given my money to a seller and did not receive my product, in a heartbeat.

DD, I understand what you're saying about not liking how she did it, but I think that some people might think that her experience was a one time thing unless she did it how she did. Especially after Sophie made the video and called her slanderous. You know what they say, go hard or go home. It's like when people complain on forums or YT about customer service from hair product companies, but other people have no problems at all. So I think she did multiple videos in order to say, "This is not a drill," ya know?

ETA: Wow...watching another response from April - "What I do owe you is some diva time." I am dead, lol!

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

I never understood how or why anyone could "look bad" for defending themselves. It's not even this situation but in various personal and professional situations.

What does it mean to say that someone "looks bad" for standing up for themselves or for calling someone else out for being dead wrong?

Again, I am not thinking of solely this situation but others that I have heard recently including a woman in the office who did not want to "look bad" for defending herself. She resigned instead and the people who lied about the situation continued to do so.

In this instance, I am glad that April called the scammer out publicly. It probably saved lots of people thousands of dollars.

RayRayFurious

I hear you, DD, but I'm going to be honest. That's how predators get over. They count on the fact that most people don't like conflict and aren't going to spotlight something like this. But this seller had already been scamming people and still would have scammed many more if she hadn't been publicly addressed.

Had April disputed it with her credit card she may have gotten her money back but it wouldn't have protected future potential victims. And we all know April (muffinsismylovers) is a woman of the people.

I say good for April and bravo. She saved a lot of people from going through the same hassle. She had real feelings about it but she didn't do anything illegal... she didn't take it to the streets although you can tell she may have thought about it. I really appreciate her willing to "look bad" to tell the truth about an ugly situation.

I agree. Filing a claim through BBB is going to be done in the background. I think she needed to be put on blast quite frankly. Especially since April has such a big following, I'm glad she put it all out there.

RayRayFurious

Yeah, but do you really think she is a legit business registered with the BBB? Let's be serious...just because someone has a website and Paypal account, it doesn't make them an accredited business.

ConstantlyDynamic

I never understood how or why anyone could "look bad" for defending themselves. It's not even this situation but in various personal and professional situations.

What does it mean to say that someone "looks bad" for standing up for themselves or for calling someone else out for being dead wrong?

personally, i think people should defend themselves but there is a way to do it. using obscene language isn't one of them (don't get me wrong- in a private setting, with friends etc. it's totally cool to speak that way- she's angry so i understand. i've been there. but this is youtube. everyone is watching). i thought it was funny and could care less how she portrays herself but i can't lie- while i was watching it, i was like "what if her boss was watching this? or her coworkers? what would they think?" so i understand where others are coming from. she didn't present herself in the best light. there is definitely a way to "look bad" even while defending yourself

LittleLuxe

personally, i think people should defend themselves but there is a way to do it. using obscene language isn't one of them (don't get me wrong- in a private setting, with friends etc. it's totally cool to speak that way- she's angry so i understand. i've been there. but this is youtube. everyone is watching). i thought it was funny and could care less how she portrays herself but i can't lie- while i was watching it, i was like "what if her boss was watching this? or her coworkers? what would they think?" so i understand where others are coming from. she didn't present herself in the best light. there is definitely a way to "look bad" even while defending yourself

You don't get mad enough to post several youtube vids cussing a sister out and coming up with catchphrases like 'You get the 3 s's!' and 'diva time' without being super extra in real life, lol. I don't think anyone is watching this going "My word! And she's so quiet in church!". Nope, lol. I'm sure she's a very nice person in real life without being ticked off but I'm sure everyone who knows her knows this is what happens when you cross her.