3 Steps to Achieve a Natural Looking Lace Wig Hairline...GET IN HERE TO SEE :)

bride91501

The best YT tutorial I've seen in a long while. And right on time cuz I just bought my first LF, similar to the one you're wearing in the video.

Thanks!

joytimes10

I watched both the video tutorials and I think you have convinced me that a LF can indeed look natural. I'm one of those ladies who would prefer not to have to mess with my hair after wash day if I have a busy week ahead of me. Spending 20 minute re-braiding to keep the frizzes at bay on my braidout is not my idea of a good time. :nono:

So, it I could pull of a LF, I'd be so happy. I've never worn a wig before, but I'm willing to try this one. So thanks so much for sharing your techniques.:yep:

LilMissSunshine5

OP, how do you secure the hairline without using glue? I am nervous about damaging my hairline with LF and am trying to figure out a way to wear them while transitioning without obliterating my hairline :lol: TIA

Ms. Martina

OP, how do you secure the hairline without using glue? I am nervous about damaging my hairline with LF and am trying to figure out a way to wear them while transitioning without obliterating my hairline :lol: TIA

I never do any glue or tape. The wigs come with combs and a drawstring on the inside. This helps keep the wig in place. I don't really like the combs though, so I just wear 2 bobbi pins on each side of the wig instead.

Zeal

Great video. Now, I have my hat until April.

I never do any glue or tape. The wigs come with combs and a drawstring on the inside. This helps keep the wig in place. I don't really like the combs though, so I just wear 2 bobbi pins on each side of the wig instead.

KEWL

Last edited:

Theresamonet

Great tutorial! After seeing that video, I think I'm going to try out a LF.

Also, what inexpensive and natural looking LFs would you recommend for a first timer?

Ms. Martina

Great tutorial! After seeing that video, I think I'm going to try out a LF.

Also, what inexpensive and natural looking LFs would you recommend for a first timer?

Thanks! I would recommend starting with a style that you will feel most comfortable with since it is your first time wearing one. I would say stick to a length, color, and texture that will make you feel fierce..and then work up to styles that are a little more outside of your comfort zone. As far as quality goes, I would say try a freetress wig. My Tori wig held up for monthssss. Heck I washed her several times and she still looks decent. I don't think I will be wearing her anymore though bc it is time to get a new one. I will probably reorder Tori in a few months or so...

naturalmanenyc

You should have these links printed up on business cards to hand out to offenders!

I was with colleagues at dinner on Monday night and was shocked to see a woman at the next table wearing this awful hair hat with a moon shaped hairline. Her date looked into his dinner plate for the entire time!!!

Ms. Martina

You should have these links printed up on business cards to hand out to offenders!

I was with colleagues at dinner on Monday night and was shocked to see a woman at the next table wearing this awful hair hat with a moon shaped hairline. Her date looked into his dinner plate for the entire time!!!

LOL, I know exactly what you mean. :lachen:I see this all of the time, and I just don't understand it. I mean, most wigs aren't going to look 100 percent real, but the least they could do is try to make it look as natural as possible.

babyu21

Thanks for the tutorials. I was just thinking about purchasing a wig online but I was scared because I didn't know how to blend it and I don't want to look like the chick at the dinner table that naturalmanenyc commented about. LMAO

Have you ever tried the brand called It's a Wig? I saw a few guru's do reviews and they are only about 40.00 each so I thought I would give them a try. I am only skeptical because the folks on youtube were sent the wigs for review they didn't purchase them with their own money.

Ms. Martina

Thanks for the tutorials. I was just thinking about purchasing a wig online but I was scared because I didn't know how to blend it and I don't want to look like the chick at the dinner table that naturalmanenyc commented about. LMAO

Have you ever tried the brand called It's a Wig? I saw a few guru's do reviews and they are only about 40.00 each so I thought I would give them a try. I am only skeptical because the folks on youtube were sent the wigs for review they didn't purchase them with their own money.

Thanks! I've seen the "it's a wig" brand online before but have never purchased from them.

Delsol79

Great job! Never wanted to try a full wig of any kind, always thought they just look too obviously fake. I love what you did to the Drew though, and it looks awesome on you. I just bought it online. I'm hoping it will be my main PS.:clapping::clapping:

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
Thanks for the tutorial. I have a wig that i have to fix and i didn't know how until now so thanks so much for the advice.