Overnight DC is the BEST Deep Conditioning of ALL TIME!

Me and my hair hates overnight DC. I get better results from a 1-3 hour DC with heat session. I hate wet hair to go to sleep. ugh.

My hair loves overnight conditioning! I bought my steamer so I could use it on clean hair before styling...I don't use heat though!
I may try overnight DCing whilst in my kinky twists and it's cold and steam in the spring/summer time! I just want to be able to wash, set, airdry overnight and go in the AM then. Overnight DC takes a bit more out of me. But I do sleep well with them! :lol:

I want to try this next week before I straighten. But I'm planning on mixing the Roux Porosity control with my Yes To Carrots, is safe to leave it on all night?

Am I the only person that does both sometimes? I'll steam, get lazy, cover with a shower cap and a knit BSS hat and go to bed.

Am I the only person that does both sometimes? I'll steam, get lazy, cover with a shower cap and a knit BSS hat and go to bed.

no girl :nono:, I steam all kind of ways :grin:... don't catch me in the grocery store and pull of my hat (knit) or scull cap at grandmom's, library... I'm prone to DC (on dry hair) anywhere, everywhere.... and for any period of time

but I always always do these extra long sessions on dry hair only... otherwise mushy hair will prevail

now, my steamer seems to stimulate my hair follicles or scalp
(I always treat my scalp b4 steaming).... i told the ladies in the bc to waist length challenge to go hard or go home!!! :lachen::drunk: ya girl means bizness

no girl :nono:, I steam all kind of ways :grin:... don't catch me in the grocery store and pull of my hat (knit) or scull cap at grandmom's, library... I'm prone to DC (on dry hair) anywhere, everywhere.... and for any period of time

but I always always do these extra long sessions on dry hair only... otherwise mushy hair will prevail

now, my steamer seems to stimulate my hair follicles or scalp
(I always treat my scalp b4 steaming).... i told the ladies in the bc to waist length challenge to go hard or go home!!! :lachen::drunk: ya girl means bizness

Me and the skully are BFFs. Like you I'll be all over the place with DC in my hair under the shower cap and skully....like I said, I wear it to bed too!:lol:

i only DC overnight (i have some in right now)...even when i use the hooded dryer, i stay under the dryer for like an hr or 2, and then go to sleep and rinse the conditoner out in the morning...i still want a steamer, but i'd probably steam and then put a plastic cap on and rinse out the DC in the morning anyways, which makes me wonder would that be any different than just using the dryer...

Um, I know this may sound crazy, but I'd like to know when is everybody doing this overnight dc- on weekends? During the week? Assuming that everybody works during the day, do you all dc overnight and get up the next morning, wash/rinse hair and head to work? I have been thinking about this for a minute.

i only DC overnight (i have some in right now)...even when i use the hooded dryer, i stay under the dryer for like an hr or 2, and then go to sleep and rinse the conditoner out in the morning...i still want a steamer, but i'd probably steam and then put a plastic cap on and rinse out the DC in the morning anyways, which makes me wonder would that be any different than just using the dryer...
iri i think africanexport is doing a free steamer contest.... u should enter

Um, I know this may sound crazy, but I'd like to know when is everybody doing this overnight dc- on weekends? During the week? Assuming that everybody works during the day, do you all dc overnight and get up the next morning, wash/rinse hair and head to work? I have been thinking about this for a minute.
im on break, so i'll probably be DCing overnight whenever i feel like it for the next month, but usually i wash friday night and apply my DC and rinse out saturday morning and let it airdry

iri i think africanexport is doing a free steamer contest.... u should enter

i just checked...you gotta do a hair, vid, makeup, outfit vid...thats doin too much for me lol...plus she want a fierce going out/styled hairstyle...all i got to offer is a WnG :ohwell:

I want to try this next week before I straighten. But I'm planning on mixing the Roux Porosity control with my Yes To Carrots, is safe to leave it on all night?
Yes To Carrots should be fine-I have used it as a leave in

Porosity control I would think should be used only as a treatment-as directed and not overnight-but I can't say for sure on it one way or another

@Irresistible thanks girl :urock:! I think I'll DC overnight with YTC then when I rinse it out the next day I'll use the PC.

overnight DC for me works best if i apply the dc to dry hair (then there is no mess), wrap it with cling film and wear my scarf.
i think a good alternative for those that get itches (me), is to just dc with oil or an oil blend, wrap with cling film and voila...

I DC usually on Friday evening and wash on Saturday.

For me nothing beats overnight DC. Althoughts, I must say that it has to be a quality conditioner. Normally cheapies don't give the same results when used overnight.

For me nothing beats overnight DC. Althoughts, I must say that it has to be a quality conditioner. Normally cheapies don't give the same results when used overnight.
i ran out of my good DCs and im not buying more for another few weeks, but last night i used tresemme naturals mixed with grapeseed oil and honey and the results were fab...i think you can use cheapies and get good results if you doctor them up a little bit with your favorite oils or other ingredients

I DC overnight as well...but really it's more out of laziness then anything...:look:

I'm the same. After washing my hair yesterday morning, I applied my DC, wrapped my hair with a plastic bag and silk scarf, and then just left it to get on with my business. I was tired and slightly ill all day so I didn't even bother to wash out the DC until this morning. And it was came out wonderfully moisturised and soft :D

I love to DC overnight. However, I do not do it in the winter since I got sick the last time I dc overnight and went outside with damp hair the next morning. I will do it only in the summertime.

I DC overnight as well...but really it's more out of laziness then anything...:look:

I'm the same. After washing my hair yesterday morning, I applied my DC, wrapped my hair with a plastic bag and silk scarf, and then just left it to get on with my business. I was tired and slightly ill all day so I didn't even bother to wash out the DC until this morning. And it was came out wonderfully moisturised and soft :D

Sometimes I begin to wash my hair late around or after 8:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m. :lachen: While I'm deep conditioning without heat for two hours, I'm doing other things around the house or taking care of business on the Internet. By the time I finished, it's after 11:00 p.m. or 1:00 a.m.; :yep: and since I air dry, I know it will take a long time to dry, so I'll have to be up too late . . . and I'm tired. So I just sleep in the conditioner overnight.

I make sure to rinse, detangle, and air dry in the morning, though.

I usually do it once a week and I do it on dry hair. I just get up a little earlier the next morning and rinse it out in the shower, add a little leave in or some oils to my hair, comb and style it and I'm done. It air dries over the course of the morning. If i condition overnight I just do an afro puff the next morning to cut down on time.

@ the bolded.... This is the beauty of being on a hair journey and learning what works for your hair :yep:

Everything is not for everyone and I hope Newbies pay attention to that. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Personally my fine hair cant handle overnight DC'n without becoming mushy. And my hair adores steam of all kinds, I had to learn this over time though. But it takes time to learn your hair type.

Kudos to you honey! I look forward to more post from you :grin: I alway on the lookout for mor twist styles and what not.

Hmmm....maybe this explains why my hair was poofier than usual after flat ironing when I tried DCing overnight for the first time last week. I used the Silk Elements olive oil DC and did my usual ACV rinse. I wasn't happy with the results and the only thing I did differently was "sleep DC" lol. I'll stick with my steamer from now on.

This is the best. I usually poo, let my hair airdry, then apply a thick con like AO, wrap in saran wrap/ scarf and hit the sheets.

Back