Overnight Oiling

Jas123

The Star of a Story
KiniKakes said:
I sleep w/my hair saturated with oil every night. I use MTG on the scalp, and then moisturize the ends w/ORS Olive Oil, and seal with some other kind of grease or oil, whatever is on hand (KeraCare essential oil, Tea Trea Aloe Therapy, WGO, etc.) Then i put a shower cap on, then satin bonnet. So my hair is oily and being totally moisturized under there. I do this Mon-Thurs, then wash on Friday. My hair is sooo soft and silky when i get it washed! My hair loves this overnight oiling regimen!
I do something similar to this as well and my hair loves it too
OT..KK..your hair is lovely..I didn't realize it was so long

amina kamal

I have been doing a pre poo oil treatment using olive oil and rosemary essential oil and using a hot towel steam treatment under the heating cap for 45 minutes to an hour. Sometimes I leave the oil on with a shower cap for several hours. I then rinse the oil and apply KC humecto and let that sit for an hour and my hair has come out tangle free and really soft. I have done this for about a three weeks. I will probably shampoo this week.

carameldiva

I have been told that Virgin Red Palm Oil is the poor woman's alternative to the ojon restorative treatment. It is red with seeds in it (at least men is) and i have been for warned that it will stain things so you have to scrub them immediately- it will wash out of clothes and off of the tub and shower. It is a dry oil that is great for pre-wash treatments and i have been told that Demi Moore used this to regrow her hair from the short buzz cut she had for that army movie she did. HTH. I'll update afer i use it.

ArizonaBeauty

KiniKakes said:
I sleep w/my hair saturated with oil every night. I use MTG on the scalp, and then moisturize the ends w/ORS Olive Oil, and seal with some other kind of grease or oil, whatever is on hand (KeraCare essential oil, Tea Trea Aloe Therapy, WGO, etc.) Then i put a shower cap on, then satin bonnet. So my hair is oily and being totally moisturized under there. I do this Mon-Thurs, then wash on Friday. My hair is sooo soft and silky when i get it washed! My hair loves this overnight oiling regimen!

Do you find that your hair is greasy and weighing down from doing this every night? My hair is breaking and shedding like crazy. I've been doing a like protein treatment once a week and adding extra moisturizer but its continuing to shedd. I might try this, I don't want to be a greasy mess though.

EishBuhgeish

ArizonaBeauty said:
Do you find that your hair is greasy and weighing down from doing this every night? My hair is breaking and shedding like crazy. I've been doing a like protein treatment once a week and adding extra moisturizer but its continuing to shedd. I might try this, I don't want to be a greasy mess though.

My hair has been behaving the same way. The last month and a half, my hairs been acting as if its going through withdrawl. Constant shedding AND breaking. My already thin ends are getting thinner! I've been doing lots of protein treatments along with a moisturizing condish afterward, to avoid protein OD but still, nothing is working. I've decided to start back up taking MSM again and maybe this weekend, I'll try pre-pooing overnight in Vatika oil. For some reason, I cant find Amla oil in Tempe.....:confused:

carameldiva

carameldiva said:
I have been told that Virgin Red Palm Oil is the poor woman's alternative to the ojon restorative treatment. It is red with seeds in it (at least men is) and i have been for warned that it will stain things so you have to scrub them immediately- it will wash out of clothes and off of the tub and shower. It is a dry oil that is great for pre-wash treatments and i have been told that Demi Moore used this to regrow her hair from the short buzz cut she had for that army movie she did. HTH. I'll update afer i use it.

I tried and i absolutely love it. I will continue to use it forever.

shiningstar84

Where can I find jojoba oil. I just started the overnight thing with olive oil. I hope it works. I wash my hair dang near everyday so I'm thinking this could work.

SpiritJunkie

what works for me when i remember to do it is Alma oil night prior or wash day...if its wash day i leave it on for 1 hour plus.

Night before i will do my regular routine of surge/mango butter on ends and then i will add alma oil (saturate) instead of olive oil

works for me

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Tried this with Dabur Amla Oil last night.... I used about 4-5 capfuls on the scalp and hair; worked it through and ...

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!

After pooing with Creme of Nature and deep conditioning with ORS Replenishing Pack, moisturizing with ORS Olive Oil Lotion and sealing with Hot 6.... My hair is feeling silky and thicker, much thicker. I can't believe this and I've only done this once!

WOW.

keluric

KiniKakes said:

That's almost exactly what I do. MTG/oil mixture every night. The plastic cap keeps it moist and warm. My theory is that this is an optimal condition for the hair to grow in thus possibly explaining why hair seems to grow faster during the summer.

Tee

nomoweavesfome said:
My hair loves this to pieces!!! Especially with the stinky Amla Oil. It feel so great on the hair and by the time the shampoo gets it it feels so well conditioned.

Although my hair loves it my skin does not. too much overnight oiling makes my face break out- I don't just sleep on my back.

I was wondering if anyone else felt like this about the Amla Oil. Man that stuff stink. If you just sniff it from the bottle it's not so bad. BUT it smelled like something pissy on my hair. I am not sure if I will use that again. The smell really got to me. :perplexed It did do a good job on my hair though.

alexstin

I haven't done it in awhile on my hair but it makes all the difference in the world when I let my daughter's hair soak in the castor oil overnight. It feels like a big cotton ball the next day.:lol:

Tee

carameldiva said:
I tried and i absolutely love it. I will continue to use it forever.

I am glad to hear this worked for you. Where did you find it. I dont think I will be using the Alma anymore.

LovelyLionessa

Letitia said:
I was wondering if anyone else felt like this about the Amla Oil. Man that stuff stink. If you just sniff it from the bottle it's not so bad. BUT it smelled like something pissy on my hair. I am not sure if I will use that again. The smell really got to me. :perplexed It did do a good job on my hair though.

Yeah, that stuff does stink. Try adding a few drops of lavendar oil to it, it not only complements the oil but it also takes away the stink. :yep:

leleepop

shiningstar84 said:
Where can I find jojoba oil. I just started the overnight thing with olive oil. I hope it works. I wash my hair dang near everyday so I'm thinking this could work.
Usually at the health food stores.hth

Tee

Priestess said:
Yeah, that stuff does stink. Try adding a few drops of lavendar oil to it, it not only complements the oil but it also takes away the stink. :yep:

Thanks Priestess. I will try this because I really did like the results. The smell just didn't do it for me. Every time I rolled over in the bed and the air and stink came out the bag on my head........I got pissed. I couldnt even sleep good. Now how you smell anything that well while sleeping, is beyond me. But I Did! ewhh.

LovelyLionessa

Letitia said:
Thanks Priestess. I will try this because I really did like the results. The smell just didn't do it for me. Every time I rolled over in the bed and the air and stink came out the bag on my head........I got pissed. I couldnt even sleep good. Now how you smell anything that well while sleeping, is beyond me. But I Did! ewhh.

Your welcome Letitia. I know what you mean. The way something smells can really enhance or detract from a product. The good thing about lavendar eo oil is it's really potent, you only need a little bit to neutralize that Amla stink. And it'll help give you a relaxing good night's sleep! ;)

Tee

Priestess said:
Your welcome Letitia. I know what you mean. The way something smells can really enhance or detract from a product. The good thing about lavendar eo oil is it's really potent, you only need a little bit to neutralize that Amla stink. And it'll help give you a relaxing good night's sleep! ;)

I checked and I have no Lavendar EO. I have Peppermint, Rosemary, and Lemon Eucalyptus. I guess I will have to make a run to the Health Food store.

Last edited:

Tee

Letitia said:

UPDATE: I added 6 drops of Lemon Eucalyptus EO to my bottle of Alma and the stink is gone! I am thanks for EOs and thanks Priestess for suggesting it. I can safely say, I will continue to use my Alma oil now.

LovelyLionessa

Letitia said:
UPDATE: I added 6 drops of Lemon Eucalyptus EO to my bottle of Alma and the stink is gone! I am thanks for EOs and thanks Priestess for suggesting it. I can safely say, I will continue to use my Alma oil now.

Cool, girl!! Congratulations on as they say on Project Runway, making it work!! :cool: :lol:

soulfusion

Priestess said:

I added lavendar oil and a couple drops of peppermint oil to my Amla. Just sniffing the bottle, it's made a HUGE difference. I'm going to prepoo overnight with it and hopefully won't be bothered by the smell. My hair really likes the Amla prepoo but my nose does not.

so1913

I do this about once a week using Ebene Shea Butter Hair Regenerating Treatment Oil. It has essential oils of Lavendar and Rosemary. I love this stuff!

Evazhair

I oil my hair nightly and use a blend for an overnight prepoo. It definitely protects my hair from being shampoo stripped. I just can't baggy because it leads to tangling and roughed up feeling/looking no lye ends.