P.C.O.M Hair Mask for Strong Healthy Shiny Hair

chavascandy

Hi Ladies,

It's been a while since I have been on here. I must say that I missed you ladies dearly:grin:. Alright, enough of that lets get to hair business. LOL

Over the course of the Summer I discovered a way to keep hair extra healthy. I learned that by mixing several different conditioners together (conditioners with different conditioning properties) you can increase the strength, softness, and elasticity of your hair.

It's called the P.C.O.M method. It stands for Protein, Cholesterol, Oil, and Moisture. Basically, you apply your favorite protein, cholesterol, oil and moisturizing conditioner to your hair (in that order) to make a super perfect conditioner.

After applying the conditioner to your hair it's important to use a hooded dryer, steamer or heating cap for 30-45 minutes to help the conditioner penetrate your hair shaft followed by rinsing the conditioner out with cool water.

The results will leave you with super, shiny, strong, soft hair!:yep:

Check out this video to see the end results:
http://youtu.be/3HHyCuDwtsk

I like to use the following products:

*Palmers Coconut Oil Formula Repairing Conditioner

*Queen Helen Cholesterol Coditioning Cream

*Palmer Coconut Oil Protein Pack

*100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Last edited:

JerriBlank

Oooh,I remember you and that curtain of pretty arse hair!:grin:
I don't know if my fro could handle the protein packs frequently,but this sounds like a good mix for relaxed heads!

Aireen

I REALLY like this idea, thanks so much for sharing! I'm going to try it and see what happens. Unfortunately though, I don't have a cholesterol. :look:

youwillrise

Someone posted your video on bhm the other day. Your hair is lovely. Glad you found a method that works great for you!

smwrigh3

Im one of your subsides!!!!! You the reason I started wearing wigs in the first place I used to stalk your fotki. I still do:sekret::sekret:

This mask looks good but like JerriBlank said I don't think I can use it as a natural! However I did pass it along to some of my fam!

Jetblackhair

Hi chavascandy, welcome back! Your hair is beautiful! Your P.C.O.M. sounds like a good combo. Looking back when I first started my HHG, I was using Cathy Howse's conditioner which is a combo of protein, moisture & oil. My hair was so strong back then!

Thanks for sharing!

coyacoy

Thanks for sharing, OP! Your method sounds lovely - i think i will try it. Does anyone know of an all natural cholesterol? I suppose i can use mayo as a last resort, but i'm hoping not to. something about that on my hair grosses me out. :drunk: any suggestions would be appreciated - TIA!

chavascandy

Hi @chavascandy, welcome back! Your hair is beautiful! Your P.C.O.M. sounds like a good combo. Looking back when I first started my HHG, I was using Cathy Howse's conditioner which is a combo of protein, moisture & oil. My hair was so strong back then!

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Jetblackhair, it's great to be back! It sounds like Cathy Howse's had the right idea. After hearing that I want to try Cathy Howse's conditioner.LOL

chavascandy

Thanks for sharing, OP! Your method sounds lovely - i think i will try it. Does anyone know of an all natural cholesterol? I suppose i can use mayo as a last resort, but i'm hoping not to. something about that on my hair grosses me out. :drunk: any suggestions would be appreciated - TIA!
I wish I knew of an all natural cholesterol. If I find one I will let you know.

Aggie

I think I need to look me up some cholesterol. I like the one that you use. I used to use it to make my ayurveda pastes and add to my henna treatments. I have everything else.

Your hair looks great by the way OP!