Paging Sherrylove or anybody else......

fancypants007

For those who add oils to their conditioners, what are the proportions that you use, i.e., 4 oz conditioner/1 oz of oil, etc. I want to start doing this and i don't know how much oil to add. I want to try the milk bath conditioner by Skala. Anything you can share will be helpful. thanks

I don't measure it... now when I think about it I use a lot more than teaspoons. I would say I use about 1/4-1/3 cup of oil.

[ QUOTE ]
Devi said:
I don't measure it... now when I think about it I use a lot more than teaspoons. I would say I use about 1/4-1/3 cup of oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Devi: how much conditioner do you use with the 1/4 - 1/3 cup oil?

I usually add one tsp of each carrier oil and maybe ten drops of an essential oil to 6 oz of conditioner....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thanks all for responding. I followed this process last night after i washed my hair. I added 1/4 cup of carrier oil to 1 cup of my conditioner (used Dove for the first time). Normally, i don't comb my hair out with conditioner in it, but last night i decided to do it. I detangled with my fingers first, then i used my bone comb and it was really a breeze to comb out. This is definitely a keeper. By the way, i was truly impressed with the Dove conditioner.

[ QUOTE ]
fancypants007 said:
For those who add oils to their conditioners, what are the proportions that you use, i.e., 4 oz conditioner/1 oz of oil, etc. I want to start doing this and i don't know how much oil to add. I want to try the milk bath conditioner by Skala. Anything you can share will be helpful. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
I have used Skala's Milk Bath Conditioner without adding anything. It provided some serious slip for my hair. Have you tried using it without adding anything?

No I haven't, but i want to try it. Between the sickbay.biz and now Shala, i don't know what to purchase. I just want to use staple products over and over again that work. Since my hair is natural, i also noticed the shala aloe vera moisturizing creme conditioner that i might try.

I put the (deep) conditioner on first and then use a spray bottle to get the oil on it. I part my hair in sections to get it all over.

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
[ QUOTE ]
Devi said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Devi: how much conditioner do you use with the 1/4 - 1/3 cup oil?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's around 4 ounces (possibly more) of conditioner.

Back