Am I the only one who does this??????????

SherryLove

I must add a little something extra (e.g. jojoba oil, rosemary oil etc.) to my shampoo, deep conditioner, and leave in conditioner. The original formula (no matter how superior the ingredients) is never good enough for me.....I just cannot leave it be... /images/graemlins/grin.gif It has become a forced habit or an obsession.

Do any of you ladies do this?????

SherryLove

I sometimes add some essential or carrier oil to conditioners for deep conditioning. I recently started adding rosemary oil to the Elasta QP penetrating moisturizer. Judging by that beautiful mane you have, it must be working /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I might give that a try myself /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I don't do it currently, but if I can get results like yours I'll definitely start. Hmmm... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif Your hair looks bee-yoo-tee-full!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gabrielle_union.jpg

Hi Sherry:

I've always added a little rosemary oil to my moisturizer, and olive oil to my deep conditioner.

You just gave me the idea to also add a little jojoba to my sleek & smooth for the final conditioner rinse.

/images/graemlins/think.gif

Thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey SherryLove/images/graemlins/wave.gif

Your hair is so nice and shiny. How do you style it (ie roll, flat iron)? Also, what products do you use....do tell /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Conditioners and leave-ins yes but not shampoos. Hmmmm /images/graemlins/think.gif I think I may try that idea. Sounds like a good one! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

No, I haven't done so as yet. I want to, but my mother said that it's not good because it may disrupt the formula of the product and reduce its effectiveness. Is this true?

What benefit have you seen as a result?

Right now, I use Aphogee's shampoo for damaged hair and Aphogee's Evening Primrose Moisturizing Shampoo and their Moisturizing Balance condr.

I also recently tried Pantene's Smooth and Sleek condr which I loved.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kia - -I do rollersets w/the magnetic rollers. I use the Jojoba & Aloe line by Aubrey Organics.

CarmenRose- - I notice more moisture, less frizziness, and more shine.

SherryLove

*sherrylove*
do you do hot oil treatments as well? or just add the oils to your shampoo, conditioner, etc and leave it at that?

how insightful!! thanx for this info but coz i'm usin the no poo method i'll probably add the oils to my conditioner

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sometimes I like to add a little oil to my leave-in conditioner. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sherrylove, from time to time I do add a touch of extra virgin olive oil to my conditioners. I find like you, I just want to give the conditioner that extra boost, as if it needs *something* /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Also, it makes the wet hair feel more slick for the rollar sets because of that oil coating (but not in a bad way).

You have GORGEOUS hair by the way and have made me want to ressurrect my Aubrey Aloe conditioner too. I've been saying that for weeks now /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I have jojoba oil. I'll give that a try some time soon.

I don't shampoo and don't mix oil with a leave-in, but I do mix liquid shea butter with Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner and use it to deep condition. I plan to mix the oil with Optimum once I get my hands on some and use it the same way. I think the oil gives the conditioner a little extra ooomph!

Of course! /images/graemlins/wink.gif
I add aloe vera oil or jojoba oil to almost everything. I also melt down my pomade and mix it with my leave ins.

nah, i don't add anything to my shampoo or conditioner. i did add olive oil to the Smooth & Sleek once. it performed about the same.

adrienne

Thanks for the compliments,,,ladies.....

Sweet Cocoa -- jojoba and aloe vera oils are the two main oils I add to my haircare prods....how funny..... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SherryLove35

One of my aromatherapy books suggested doing this so I always "doctor" my shampoos and conds. I add jojoba, avocado, walnut, olive, sweet almond, etc. along w/rosemary, birch essential oils to my shampoos/cond. I'm not sure if I'm really accomplishing anything but I think I am anyway.

on days that i use conditioner that dont have much protein in it, like ORS mayo or le kair i add in some avocado oil

Somtimes I add extra oils to cheap conditioners to make them a little more moisturizing for when I do a deep conditioning.

Yes!!!!!!! I was wondering the same thing the other day. I don't know why but I just don't feel complete unless I have added "SOMETHING" to my conditioner. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!!!!

Anyways, adding my own herbal olive oil or organic olive oil makes me feel better than trusting how much they have really added in therir formula or what the quality is.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
lala said:
I'm not sure if I'm really accomplishing anything but I think I am anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perception IS reality.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif (raising hand) I do, I do!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like to add peppermint oil and castor oil to my deep protein conditioner. A method I got from Cathy Howse's book and I have been hooked ever since.

Also I'm still a bit of a kitchen chemist so I like to add stuff to my conditioners especially my deep conditioners /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daviine said:
lala said:
I'm not sure if I'm really accomplishing anything but I think I am anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perception IS reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so right!

Back