paging tracy

beana3

i just wanted to tell you that you are a very inspiring indvidual.. i have learned so much from reading your posts and words of encouragement.
before i get too off topic.. i just wanted to ask you about how you detangle your hair. I have some very DENSE sections of fine hair and i notice that those areas are always super tangled... i was wondering if u had any leave in reccomendations ( i know you're an expert on the fantasia line, and i believe you have also used the motions nourish leave in)... im primarily looking for a detangling aid, but anythign that helps to correct and add shine would also be a help. any suggestions???

Tracy

Beana - you're a sweetheart nena. That;s very nice of you to say. I'm just here to help. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Glad to know I am.

My biggest piece of advice would be this - never comb your hair without some form of leave in or conditioner in it. When I wash - I wash, condition with whatever, and don't comb until the conditoner has been in my hair for 5 minutes or more. With my stronger protein conditoners I don't comb at ALL. I wait until I've applied the mositurizing conditioner and allowed it to sit. Even at this stage I still only comb with a very wide toothed comb. Once I rinse (very well) , I use either the Fantasia or the Motions (these two are definitely my favs) and even allow that to sit before I detangle. I finger comb before using my wide tooth comb again. By the time I'm through a very fine toothed rollersetting comb glides through my hair with ease. No resistance. No breakage.

If you aren't adverse to silicone try a conditioner with silicones like Motions Moisture Plus ( I say this one because it's a little thicker and will also target the less fine areas of your hair) and then follow up with a good detangling leave in. And comb strategically
If you hate cones, Elucence has the same effect as some of my silicone conditioners (for me, doesn't give consistent results. It may be different on you). It gives a comparable slip and smells heavenly.

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Good Luck. Any more questions let me know.

Allandra

Tracy,

My hair doesn't mind silicones. Pantene's Smooth & Sleek Conditioner makes my hair feel awesome. This conditioner has wonderful slip. The comb just glided through my hair (from root to tip). It's inexpensive and good. Did I mention how good it detangled my hair? /images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL.