Palmer's Cocoa Butter better than Mango butter

Brownie

Out of curiosity, I tried Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula with vitamin E on my ends because I've been experimenting with different stuff, trying to find something that keeps my ends moist feeling after my condition washes. I've tried mango butter and it was okay for my ends, but nothing special; however, the Palmers (in the tub/thicker stuff/not thin lotion) gave my ends a nice moisturized feel and it eliminated the dryness I sometimes got after condition washing. Even after I took my hair down days later after applying, it was still in great shape. I like this stuff better than anything I've tried on my ends thus far. I don't know how it works on dry hair; I've only used it on wet hair. I also rubbed some down the length of my curls, and it gave them great shine and seemed to elongate them somewhat. I've tried profectiv products for the ends also, and I think Palmer's is superior to everything I've tried so far.

Ingredients:
Palmer's Cocoa Butter with e: Cocoa extract, mineral oil (I know/I know, but it's not going on my scalp), microcrystalline wax, cocoa butter, dimethicone, fragrance, vitamin e, carotene.

Elasta QP Mango butter: water, sqalane (olive oil derived), caprylic/capric triglyceride (coconut oil derived), peg-75 lanolin, behntrimonium methosulfate, hexadecanol, cetearyl alcohol, ceterareth-20, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, mango seed butter, cocoa seed butter, hydrolyzed silk, serica, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, fragrance.

Excuse any typos. Now that I look at all the ingredients, I can see that the Palmer's product has a lot less stuff. Maybe that's why my hair likes it.

CarLiTa

really? hmm i should try it too because i can't find the Elasta QP mango butter at any of the beauty supply stores i've been to, and i was wondering if there was an alternative... i'm gonna try it, and it works, i'll keep using it, if not, then i'll order the mango butter online.

Brownie

CarLiTa said:
really? hmm i should try it too because i can't find the Elasta QP mango butter at any of the beauty supply stores i've been to, and i was wondering if there was an alternative... i'm gonna try it, and it works, i'll keep using it, if not, then i'll order the mango butter online.

I'll be interested in knowing how it works on your hair. I love the smell of mango butter, but it didn't do anything special for me, and the price is a little high for the small container. As for the Palmer's, it made my ends feel really healthy, and you get a lot of product for around the same price. Big difference.