Pantene Restoratives Breakage Defense Poo and Con are the "Truth"!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hi Ladies,

I was having some breakage problems because of plain ole neglect and laziness and I didn't want to do my usual routine with the motions products. I decided to try the Pantene Restoratives breakage defense shampoo and conditioner.

I hadn't really washed or conditioned my hair properly this summer and I sure wasn't moisturizing it. I have been really busy with the kids so my hair went on the backburner. I noticed some serious breakage about a week ago. It's amazing the damage that can be done in such a short period of time!!:mad:

I am going to tell you. This product is on point. With one wash with the shampoo and 5 minutes with the conditioner on my hair the breakage was stopped in its tracks. My hair was left so so soft and breakage free. Now two days later my hair is still break free and I have not applied any other moisturizers to my hair. I did a co-wash this morning and plan on doing 1 shampoo and 3 co washes a week until I feel my hair is ready to go back to once a week washing!;) Provides a lot of slip so detangling with my shower comb is a breeze!

If you are having any problems with breakage you outta give this product a try. It promised to "strengthen and fortify weak and exhausted hair to provide up to 90% less hair fall due to breakage in one month"

On the back of the container:

The Present: Hair that you notice everywhere- on your brush, clothes and bathroom sink. (That was me!)

The Future: You want resilient, strong, healthy hair that has dramatically less hair fall due to breakage.

The ingredients sound like a foreign language but I don't care because it works!!

Ingredients Shampoo: Water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, citri acid, sodium citrate, fragrance, cocomide mea, sodium benzoate, tetrasodium edta, peg-60 almond glycerides, guar hydroxyproxypropyltrimonium chloride, linoleamidopropyl pg-dimonium chloride phosphate, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchorooisothaizolinone, methylisothiazolnone, sodium xylenesulfonate, blue1, red 33.

Ingredients Conditioner: Water, stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl, ether, fragrance, disodium edta, benzyl alcohol, sodium hydroxide, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylsothiazolinone, blue 1, red 33.

***This is also made in the Relaxed and Natural Line.***

alexstin

dontspeakdefeat said:
Hi Ladies,

I was having some breakage problems because of plain ole neglect and laziness and I didn't want to do my usual routine with the motions products. I decided to try the Pantene Restoratives breakage defense shampoo and conditioner.

I hadn't really washed or conditioned my hair properly this summer and I sure wasn't moisturizing it. I have been really busy with the kids so my hair went on the backburner. I noticed some serious breakage about a week ago. It's amazing the damage that can be done in such a short period of time!!:mad:

I am going to tell you. This product is on point. With one wash with the shampoo and 5 minutes with the conditioner on my hair the breakage was stopped in its tracks. My hair was left so so soft and breakage free. Now two days later my hair is still break free and I have not applied any other moisturizers to my hair. I did a co-wash this morning and plan on doing 1 shampoo and 3 co washes a week until I feel my hair is ready to go back to once a week washing!;) Provides a lot of slip so detangling with my shower comb is a breeze!

If you are having any problems with breakage you outta give this product a try. It promised to "strengthen and fortify weak and exhausted hair to provide up to 90% less hair fall due to breakage in one month"

The Present: Hair that you notice everywhere- on your brush, clothes and bathroom sink. (That was me!)

The Future: You want resilient, strong, healthy hair that has dramatically less hair fall due to breakage.

The ingredients sound like a foreign language but I don't care because it works!!

Ingredients Shampoo: Water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, citri acid, sodium citrate, fragrance, cocomide mea, sodium benzoate, tetrasodium edta, peg-60 almond glycerides, guar hydroxyproxypropyltrimonium chloride, linoleamidopropyl pg-dimonium chloride phosphate, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchorooisothaizolinone, methylisothiazolnone, sodium xylenesulfonate, blue1, red 33.

Ingredients Conditioner: Water, stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl, ether, fragrance, disodium edta, benzyl alcohol, sodium hydroxide, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylsothiazolinone, blue 1, red 33.

May have to pick this up today

RabiaElaine

Glad your breakage stopped...I was wondering about this stuff...I've seen it all over the magazines. Did you use the one for Relaxed and Natural?

Cichelle

I'm so glad this worked out for you. I can't use Pantene anything. Too many cones, I guess. It always works so well in the beginning. But after a while, it burns me every time.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
RabiaElaine said:
Glad your breakage stopped...I was wondering about this stuff...I've seen it all over the magazines. Did you use the one for Relaxed and Natural?
Thanks! I used the regular one because the Walmart I was at didn't not have to con and poo for the relaxed line. I guess it's that popular they ran out!!:grin:

Honi

There is no board.
The ingredients are interesting as I don't see any protein in the conditioner. I'm wondering why your hair stopped breaking after using it.

Glad you have good results with it though.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Cichelle: Thanks! Usually when a product stops working for me that means it's time to clarify.

Honi said:
The ingredients are interesting as I don't see any protein in the conditioner. I'm wondering why your hair stopped breaking after using it.

Glad you have good results with it though.
Thanks! I believe my breakage was a result of lack of moisture. I wasn't doing any of my normal moisturizing routines.

KhandiB

Do You Clarify regularly..

It always worked good on my hair (R&N) I just be changin my mind.. :lol:

Cichelle said:
I'm so glad this worked out for you. I can't use Pantene anything. Too many cones, I guess. It always works so well in the beginning. But after a while, it burns me every time.

sassyhair

I tried this a lil while ago, when I first started hearing about it, and i hated it. The shampoo was very drying, the conditioner combated the dryness but after it was rinsed out my hair was dry feeling and hard, and my ends were rough, I did not noticed anything spectacular and I tried it for 2 weeks, which may not have been long enuff but I could not stand the shampoo long enuff to keep trying it.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
sassyhair said:
I tried this a lil while ago, when I first started hearing about it, and i hated it. The shampoo was very drying, the conditioner combated the dryness but after it was rinsed out my hair was dry feeling and hard, and my ends were rough, I did not noticed anything spectacular and I tried it for 2 weeks, which may not have been long enuff but I could not stand the shampoo long enuff to keep trying it.
Sorry you had a bad experience with it.

That goes to show that with all products what works for one may not work for the other.

Cichelle

KhandiB said:
Do You Clarify regularly..

It always worked good on my hair (R&N) I just be changin my mind.. :lol:

I don't like to use shampoos with SLS (which I would have to use to get the cones out). But anyway, Pantene is one of the WORST lines of hair products I have ever tried. I am not the only one who has gotten the Pantene blues. Stuff dries my hair out like no other. I don't have these problems with other conditioners and shampoos. But, as seen here, Pantene products work great for some people.

MizaniMami

I tried this a few mos back.

The conditioner was pretty good, but the shampoo was a little stripping for my hair. But I kinda liked it. My sis thinks this stuff is the truth though.

genesis

I tried this line also, and for me it was really drying, especially the poo...I added some olive oil to the shampoo to combat that. But, I ended up giving it to my hubby. On a positive note, I am in love with the leave in detangler creme from this line, it really helps me detangle my hair. Before I started using the leave in, I was losing so much hair from tangles but with this stuff my tangles just slide right out. Glad it is working for you DSD!!

Aquamarie

Cichelle said:

This may be a dumb question but what are cones? I love Pantene but if I don't take breaks from it it doesn't seem to have the same effect or any. So I'll stop using it for a month or switch off with conditioners.

HoneyDew

dontspeakdefeat said:
Thanks! I used the regular one because the Walmart I was at didn't not have to con and poo for the relaxed line. I guess it's that popular they ran out!!:grin:

I actally prefer Pantene's regular products over the relaxed and natural.

ashleighcarlene

The first thing that jumped out at me while reading the ingredients in the conditioner were the "alcohols".....isn't alcohol supposed to be drying to the hair?

MuseofTroy

dontspeakdefeat said:
Hi Ladies,

I made a similar post awhile. I love Pantee Restoratives line, especially the breakage defense. The conditioner leaves my hair extra silky. I'm happy you are seeing great results with this stuff.

LovelyLionessa

I need to get the Breakage Defense tub conditioner, I want it now! :trampolin

The thing I never understood is the bad rap Pantene often gets. It's has the same amount of cones as other drugstore lines like Herbal Essences and NTM. :confused:

Anyway it's all good, I'll just use whatever works for me. :cool:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I used this over the summer. The regular line didn't do anything for me, but the Relaxed and Natural one did. I used the whole line (poo, conditioner, and mask) exclusively for a month and it really did cut back on my breakage.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I use the R&N Deep conditioner and I agree with everything you said. That stuff is the bomb. It has awsome slip and when rinsing, my hair feels like pure silk. The relaxed and natural one has coconut oil in it which I like. This is definitely a staple for me.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Priestess said:
I need to get the Breakage Defense tub conditioner, I want it now! :trampolin

The thing I never understood is the bad rap Pantene often gets. It's has the same amount of cones as other drugstore lines like Herbal Essences and NTM. :confused:

Anyway it's all good, I'll just use whatever works for me. :cool:
Lol Priestess. Have you tried it yet?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
genesis said:
I tried this line also, and for me it was really drying, especially the poo...I added some olive oil to the shampoo to combat that. But, I ended up giving it to my hubby. On a positive note, I am in love with the leave in detangler creme from this line, it really helps me detangle my hair. Before I started using the leave in, I was losing so much hair from tangles but with this stuff my tangles just slide right out. Glad it is working for you DSD!!

I didn't know they had a leave in detangler. I'm like Priestess now......I want it!:lachen:

LovelyLionessa

Pokahontas said:
Lol Priestess. Have you tried it yet?

Hey girl, I'm going to do an overnight oiling on Friday night and then Saturday I'll wash and deep condition with the Pantene. I plan on slathering the conditioner on and then I'll seal it all in with some coconut oil and sit under the dryer for 20 min. I can't wait. :grin: