Patronizing a business based on customer service...

CodeRed

I was going to do a poll but since everyone usually provides an explanation anyway I'll just make it a regular post...

I was wondering if you guys patronize a business just because of great customer service + a good product? I say this because I know stuff can get kind of pricey in the hair business and there's always a cheaper alternative if you look for one...

This thread is spawned because of the great customer service I got from Koils By Nature today. She really impressed me with the time and patience she had for me only purchasing $26 worth of her products (her website wasn't working properly for me). I've used her stuff before and it was really good for my hair but it's also kind of steep for what I want to pay. I told her, though, that I would be buying from her in the future and it is because of how professional and kind she was today.

CodeRed

It helps to have good deals on shipping as well, that can make or break a purchase for me.

Good point. I like Mozeke products a lot and bought 2 things from her today, but damn, $9.01 for shipping 2 8 oz products? My total pre-shipping was only $14.50 I believe. I remember when I used to use her stuff and it was really good to my hair so I thought I'd give it a try again. I'm not going to be ordering from her again unless I do it in bulk sizes.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Customer Service is very important for me as are:
Shipping Costs, Delays etc....
Sales/Percentages
Availability of Product(s)

If I need to contact the Vendor (for any reason), I expect my questions, concerns etc....to be addressed in a satisfactory manner.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@CodeRed

After you posted your Mozeke purchases, I went in and made a Mock Cart. When I applied shipping,

I backed that purchase out. It wasn't worth it.:nono:

CodeRed

@CodeRed

After you posted your Mozeke purchases, I went in and made a Mock Cart. When I applied shipping,

I backed that purchase out. It wasn't worth it.:nono:

IDareT'sHair

I made a mock cart before the BF sale and I saw that $9.01 shipping for that total and thought it was high but was going to go down when I applied the discount. I paid before I realized the shipping was still the same :nono: I didn't really want that to be the third vendor I had to contact today though :lol:

summertimewine

*sips tea*
Customer service is what keeps me in the long run. If your shipping is reasonable and your products are great then you have me for life. Even if I find something cheaper, if that CS isn't there, I'm not switching. But if shipping is to high but you have a store located in LA, or within an hour from me, I will usually drive *shrug* I love business owners with good attitudes, and as a retail clerk I know a good attitude can be hard.

AyannaDivine

Excellent customer service is more important than a top notch product IMO. I will aways patronize Darcy's because of their customer service!

frogkisses lol at your siggy. Jesus literally "took the wheel" :dead:

Ogoma

Customer service clouds my experience. Good customer service would have me coming back again and again. Customer service rates higher than price to a certain point (if your 8oz conditioner is $80, I don't care how nice you I am not buying it).

Bad customer service can make me dislike a product I am loving. I wouldn't want the product around me.

PJaye

For me, customer service is the bedrock of the consumer-merchant relationship, which is why I adamantly refuse to utilize vendors that exhibit cavalier and/or apathetic attitudes. If I don’t feel as if my patronage is appreciated, I will forgo a staple product and take my business elsewhere. Enduring all kinds of nonsense just to get my hands on some mind blowing conditioner is not worth it; I will make do with a runner-up with exemplary service and KIM.

kupenda

For me, customer service is the bedrock of the consumer-merchant relationship, which is why I adamantly refuse to utilize vendors that exhibit cavalier and/or apathetic attitudes. If I don’t feel as if my patronage is appreciated, I will forgo a staple product and take my business elsewhere. Enduring all kinds of nonsense just to get my hands on some mind blowing conditioner is not worth it; I will make do with a runner-up with exemplary service and KIM.

Pretty much lol. If I get the feeling that you dont care to have me around, im not gonna chase you to spend my money. I don't chase people, surely not chasing companies when there are TONS of companies out here with great service. I want to be treated well. Thats why I have to avoid LUSH like the plague. They know me by name and butter me up. I came in to look, came out with bags lol

Joigirl

A great product, customer service and price are key. I love the KBN products I've tried. Although more expensive, she has good sales and the prices are pretty competitive considering the leave in and DC are 12 ounces. I only buy during sales.

I also noticed that her sale today stated 20% off, but was reducing products by 30%. I sent her an email because I don't want a repeat of HH. Her customer service and prompt shipping is great. I bought the butter and gel today to try out because of her great products and service.

missyanne

Customer service all the way......unless your trying to sell me a 4 oz product for 50 bucks now your just bending me over with a smile.