People you don't listen to an things that annoy you on your LHJ

lushlady

I don't listen to hair dressers that don't listen to me. I don't let them touch my hair for that matter.
I don't listen to anyone that says I need to relax my hair.

It annoys me when people reach out and try to touch my hair. I WILL stiff arm you like a football player!

Janet'

I don't listen to people who say "Well, you have that kind of hair that will grow regardless of what you do to it...mine isn't like that"... (Um, obviously, you didn't know me when my hair was terminally SL)This came from a co-worker who also told me that my hair length was genetically predetermined so because I had long hair as a child, of course my hair was going to grow faster and be longer as an adult...She also tries to give me hair tips and although she is natural and her hair looks healthy...I just don't subscribe to her thought process and I don't have time to sort through all the [insert two words], so I just smile and keep it moving!

Boujoichic

I dont listen to people with raggety ends some people have long hair but its looks like some type of animal has been using it for a scratching post or chew toy even on long hair that is not a good look. I would take advice from anyone whos hair is shiny(not greasy) and has nice ends does not matter if long or short and on the grow because they are obviously doing something right.

Also it annoys me when people assume that because I wear weaves that I am bald headed its called a protective style chicks gonna be salty when I unleash the beast lol

Last edited:

lovegymnasts

Honestly, :look:
I don't listen to anyone or any thing in the real world.
The only information I use is the information I get on this board or information I have researched because of something I read on the board.
Ya'll have not steered me wrong yet.

Annoying:
People who ask for hair advice and don't take it.
People who complain about their hair but are not open to different ideas or who do not want to invest the time.

Most people I speak to are looking for the miracle product which is usually way over priced and does not work in the first place.
My philosophy: Good haircare does not take a lot of money. I'm as cheap as heck and I am doing better than okay.

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

I don't listen to ppl who don't have edges or have barely any hair. I don't listen to ppl who think a relaxer fixes EVERYTHING:rolleyes:....believe it or not...pre-LHCF i used to think that.

I DEFINITELY do not listen to ppl who first of all complain that their hair won't grow and they use weaves to compensate.....i hate when ppl ask for my hair advice and don't wanna put in the work.

Funny thing is....when i describe to ppl who i really think are interested in hair care how i care for my hair....it sounds like a lot...but i explain to them if you actually do it its not that much work.....but they stil usually end up not doing it:rolleyes::nono: