Phat Boys rollers

albane

With the help of a forum member, I have been able to ordre several packs of the so called Phat Boys rollers. these huge magnetic rollers are sold on the Metrobeauty.com website.
Believe it or not, they come in pack of one of each four sizes 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5 inches !!
I was first in disarray when looking to those rollers, but I have been able to make some tests with them on my own hair as well as on the hair of a friend.
Be prepared to the big head !
However I have never been able to find a satisfactory solution to keep the rollers in place. I do not know which pins to use and the rollers are very much slipping all the way.
Did some of the members already use those rollers ? how do you manage to keep them in place ?
In any case, it is impossible to enter under any hood with such a rollerset. So I got the feeling that the main purpose of such roller diameters was to allow the hair to airdry quicker. Do you agree ? Do you know from which country they originate ?
Thanks for any input

PS: I will try to post a picture or two on my Fotki album

albane

I have posted 4 pics on my Fotki album
PW is hair
I made the test with the medium size, the french girl has tried the largest ones.

tsturnbu11

wow! There is no way to physically place your head under a hooded dryer. Heck, mine can barely fit when I use the gray rollers. Thanks for teh experiment. Girl, you have a heck of alot of hair.