Short naturals that flatiron?

ceedeelight

Hello,

I wanted to know if there are any short naturals that flatiron their hair and it looks just as good as relaxed hair.
My hairdresser tells me that if I cut my relaxed ends off and then wear it natural & flat ironed it will not look good. I have somewhere b/w 4-5 inches of newgrowth.
I was trying to tell her it would as long as my hair is cut into some style and then flatironed.
She also tells me that if she cuts my hair when it's wet and curly, it will be uneven when I flat iron it. How true is that?

I just want to be able to do a wash in wear during the summer or flat iron it for special occasion if necessary.

Can any of you ladies help me out?

glamazon386

My hair is about that length. I recently got it flat ironed. My stylist trimmed my hair wet a few months ago but he was only trimming the very ends. I don't know if it would make a difference if he was doing a real cut or not. I don't see why though. It looks fine straight and curly. It might just depend on your stylist's skills. Some people are trained to cut curly hair and some people aren't. I'd rather them tell me they're not sure how to do it than to try and jack my hair up in the process.

scorpian

bmoreflyygirl said:
It might just depend on your stylist's skills. Some people are trained to cut curly hair and some people aren't. I'd rather them tell me they're not sure how to do it than to try and jack my hair up in the process.

Exactly :)
bmore I love your hair!
There is a salon here in Philly that specializes in natural hair and the stylists all wear their natural hair flat ironed straight. They basically blow dry and flat iron their clients hair they do not do relaxers.To see A PIC of their examples go to www.etaeproducts.com and then click on the link to the left that says SALON E'TAE

[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

honeybadgirl

scorpian said:
bmore I love your hair!
There is a salon here in Philly that specializes in natural hair and the stylists all wear their natural hair flat ironed straight. They basically blow dry and flat iron their clients hair they do not do relaxers.To see A PIC of their examples go to www.etaeproducts.com and then click on the link to the left that says SALON E'TAE

thanks for the link! have you been to that salon? i may have to pm you:)

Jenaee

scorpian said:

OT: Thanks Scorpian! I'm gonna have to go there!

CurleeDST

My hair is 4 inches and I was going to try and straighten but at this time I just don't have time for it. I probably wont' straighten until the winter time when I can't go out with wet hair on a daily basis!

scorpian

Jenaee said:
OT: Thanks Scorpian! I'm gonna have to go there!

your welcome :) If you go give us a review.I went once to get my hair done for an event and had a good experience. If I had an occassion to go to and wanted straight hair I would definately go back but I'm thinking about getting braids so I won't be going anytime soon.