Philly/NJ Churches

Ms Red

Can any of you ladies in the Philadelphia/So. New Jersey area recommend a church? Especially with a ministry that is firm in the Word and would be great for young adults.

I currently attend (not belong to) Bethel Deliverance church on Cheltenham Ave. and I would like to visit others.

Please let me know!
Thanks!

caress

I don't currently attend this church but after attending my bf's baptism there I would recommend this church. My cousins go there too. It's Enon (Tabernacle, I think) Baptist Church on Wayne Avenue & Coulter Street. As a matter of fact, they are building a new sanctuary across the street from your church. This should accomodate the thousands ( think 2,000 plus) of members that they have. They seem to be diverse--men, women, young, and old. I don't know if you would prefer a smaller church though.

I go to Davis Temple Baptist church in North Philly but we conisists of mostly women and mostly older people or children. It's a much smaller church. We are a work in progress. We are looking to expand the church soon and I hope we will offer more programs to attract people in my age group, as I am 27.

Ms Red

Caress: Sorry for not responding sooner... Thank you for the recommendation. Every Sunday I see the huge construction across the street, but never knew it was Enon coming... :eek:

I guess the Lord likes to give people options, huh? ;)

star

I do not know Cupcake but if you are talking about Pastor Lambert. Girl in the name of Jesus hold on unless God is telling you to move. That Pastor is anointed and God blesses the body(members) just like He blesses the head(pastor). Yes, it is not a problem to visit but just be careful you follow God's perfect and I mean perfect will for your life. :)
cupcake said:
Can any of you ladies in the Philadelphia/So. New Jersey area recommend a church? Especially with a ministry that is firm in the Word and would be great for young adults.

I currently attend (not belong to) Bethel Deliverance church on Cheltenham Ave. and I would like to visit others.

Please let me know!
Thanks!