PHOTOS: Curly Pudding Experiment

Lorraine

Thanks to Chaya, the product junkie within me was awakened yet again. I purchased Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding after seeing her beautiful curls. My curls did not turn out as beautiful as hers but I am more pleased with this product that I have been with any other. I saw my FI for the first time in days after we were both out of town on trips and the first thing (well second thing) he commented on was my hair. It doesn't frizz out and look out of control. The curls are tamed and my hair falls straight down without expanding by the end of the day.

I washed my hair two days ago, applied Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding from root to ends, piece by piece. I then put my hair into a low ponytail, and wrapped the hanging hair around the ponytail holder. I kept it like this for one hour to let it dry a little. Then I took it out of the ponytail and slicked it back.

The photos aren't the best as they were taken with a camera phone but you can see the rest of the photos in my album.

Lorraine

You know, I really don't know. I think it's 3b/c. From your album, your hair is much finer than mine so it would look great.
DangerouslyShy said:
It looks great Lorraine!! I know curly pudding wouldnt work right on my texturized hair.

what is your hair type?

ChocoKitty

Wow--I like it!!! I love how it still looks wet. :yep: It is official--I gotta get me some Curly Pudding by the end of this month.:grin:

sky_blu

How long do the curls last after you use the pudding?? And has anybody used it with relaxed hair??

Chaya

Hey girl!! It looks good!!!! I looked at your photo album and the only thing I wouldnt have done its dried it around the pony tail holder. Just let it dry FREE!!! You have such a beautiful texture!! Try it again on your sopping wet, fresh wash hair and make sure you scrunch with your hair flipped over. As weird as that sounds its REALLY makes a difference. Mine looked like CRAP until I flipped my hair over and scrunched my ends. And for god sake, dont put the pony tail holder in! Youve got beautiful hair girl! Youre MY inspiration!

Chaya

sky_blu said:
How long do the curls last after you use the pudding?? And has anybody used it with relaxed hair??

I have relaxed hair. It lasted about 2 days. I t probably would have lasted longed if I didnt sleep so wildly!!!

Lorraine

Thanks for the compliments ladies.:) I thought I would share since I know it works for some and not for others. This will be a staple in my household since I want to go back to wash and goes for the summertime.

Sky_blu, my hair would be categorized as relaxed. :up: I apply a relaxer for 15 to my hair every 4-6 months. My hair lasts like this all day until I go to bed. Even then it's more tame than it usually is, it's just crazy looking from sleep.

Chaya, you are too sweet and so right. :yep: I should have tried it without the ponytail holder but I was nervous it would expand (as it did last week) and I couldn't risk "bad work hair."

Chaya

Dont worry about it expanding girl. It kina "relaxes" that new growth so that it lays a little "flatter". It defines the new growth so that it doesnt frizz and expand. Dont be scurred girl!!!

Lorraine

To achieve those curls I applied Mizani's Rose H2O Conditioning Hairdress (some days I used Ultra Black Hair moisturizing lotion) and braided my dry hair into several french braids. I kept them in overnight then took them out in the morning and scrunched. :yep:

Chaya said:
Lorraine- How did you get the curly look in your avatar?

Ayeshia

*sigh* I cant believe that Im going to consider trying this product...a mess :rofl:

Your hair looks fab Lorraine! I love the results :)