Phyto Users... quick question

*C00KIE*

To me it seems as if the Phyto relaxer is a protein based relaxer or just have a lot of protein in it. My question to you phyto ladies do you do a mid-protein treatment w/ this relaxer?? If so, no protein overload?? Which one? Duo-tex? Reason for asking is because I have fine hair and just dont want it to get any finer...

I am really wanting to do this mid-protein step because I know this relaxer does have chemicals in it to breakdown the hair to make it straight; I also wanted to do the mid-protein step to build it right up before neutralizing and wondered if it was okay to do so w/ the phyto.

Thanx, for all responses

soulie

I do a mid-relaxer protein treatment. I have used ORS Hair Mayo. I do either Nexxus Keraphix or Emergencee the week before I relax and Nexxus Keraphix the week after I relax, and I haven't experienced any protein overload. I skip using the Milky Reconstructor that is included in the package because I dislike the way it makes my hair feel.

taz007

To me it seems as if the Phyto relaxer is a protein based relaxer or just have a lot of protein in it. My question to you phyto ladies do you do a mid-protein treatment w/ this relaxer?? If so, no protein overload?? Which one? Duo-tex? Reason for asking is because I have fine hair and just dont want it to get any finer...

I am really wanting to do this mid-protein step because I know this relaxer does have chemicals in it to breakdown the hair to make it straight; I also wanted to do the mid-protein step to build it right up before neutralizing and wondered if it was okay to do so w/ the phyto.

Thanx, for all responses

Oh??? I did not know that my beloved phyto was a protein based relaxer. What does that mean?

I do apply the Joico reconstructor mid and post relaxer. I also do an Aphogee two step before the relaxer.

sqzbly1908

Thanx, for all responses

I no longer use Phyto Index 1 - (used it for 2 years and as time went by hair got drier) - but you are correct with regard to the protein - it is a protein based relaxer - the stylist who used to use it on me told me about so she would use a moisturizing condish after rinsing the relaxer and a moisturizing condish after neutralizing ....she never used that milky reconstructor that came with it - she indicated it was no more than just the "normal" conditioner that Phytospecific sells but with different name (the name escapes me) ....HTH

*C00KIE*

^^^Why did you stop using it? Is it because it was causing so much dryness? If so, no moisturizing conditioner couldn't take care of the dryness issue?

LABETT

I use a mid protein tx and follow up with a moisturizing conditoner when I apply my phyto index 2 relaxer with no problems.
I even add oil to my relaxer, Aphogee Essential Fatty Acid with no problems and I NEVER have dryness issues.

*C00KIE*

I use a mid protein tx and follow up with a moisturizing conditoner when I apply my phyto index 2 relaxer with no problems.
I even add oil to my relaxer, Aphogee Essential Fatty Acid with no problems and I NEVER have dryness issues.

I believe the reason why you never had any issues is because you add the oil. I dont want to add oil because I want it straight but not too straight. I believe adding oil to the relaxer is actually texlax

sqzbly1908

^^^Why did you stop using it? Is it because it was causing so much dryness? If so, no moisturizing conditioner couldn't take care of the dryness issue?

The dryness was indeed the main issue - the moisturizing conditioners were just a temporary fix (in my opinion)... I switched back to lye (Mizani Butter Blends) I no longer have this issue - I am not turning back....

I am slowly trimming the no-lye out of my hair and I can really tell the difference between the no lye and lye relaxed hair. Phyto is a great line but the relaxer was not good for my hair in the long term....