Phyto Self Relaxers... I have ????'s

MsDeeD

I just received my Index 2 Phyto relaxer, and before I apply for a touch up I wanted to ask you ladies who self relax with phyto a couple of questions. Can you tell me the process/regime you use that gets you best results from this relaxer. Also I know most of you don't use the milk reconstructure that comes in the kit, so what do you use in it's place. I will be self relaxing and this is my first time using the Phyto Relaxer, I'm hoping that from some of your tips I can have a good experience with this relaxer. After searching the board I've read so much info. add oil, don't add oil, use a mid protein treatment, don't use the milk reconstructure, etc. etc. now I'm just so confused. Can someone please give me some insight. By the way, I'm 15-16 weeks post with thick new growth. But my hair still seems to be fine texture.

Thanks

Hello there!
I got my first relaxer on all natural hair for my birthday which was May 1st and it so happened to be Phyto II. My hair didn't get bone straight but that because I didnt want it bone straight I have fine hair and all in all it took approx. 10-12 mins applying and smoothing. I rollerset my hair and sat under the dryer when I was good and dry it seemed like the thickness didnt go anywhere but was straight so straight that I thought I relaxed bone straight. My first wash day proved me all wrong curls, curls and more curls popping everywhere, no hair on my head was straight (except my the baby hair on my nape and crown, and sideburns were straight even wet)...

Anyway steps that I took to apply this relaxer is

1. FIRST I got my mommie to do it :grin:
I mix the activator and the creme very good add the oil and let it sit for about 5 mins (per instructions)

2. Apply relaxer moving at a quick and steady pace, apply to the roots and when done go back and smooth it to the ends (apply more creme to the ends because the more creme the straighter and the quicker your hair gets, w/ phyto being that I soon will rinse out my hair i apply a good amount to my ends for the reminder 5 mins)

3. Rinse out all the relaxer. ALL. Then, I applied Duo Tex, let that sit for 5 mins... RINSE.

4. Apply my neutralizer POO i bought the ISOPLUS because I was too scared the one that came w/ the Phyto was going to run out. I washed my hair w/ this poo 3x and one last poo, i let it sit for a few and rinse

5. Again wash my hair but w/ reg poo I use creme of nature for fine and limp hair

6. I did conditioning treatment when I was done shampooing, with moisturizing conditioner mixed w/ PC conditioner and silk ion (sallys')

7. Rinse. Apply leavins and Alma oil. Rollerset. Sat under dryer

Thats all folks.

I am kinda weird. I take my time and do the top half of my head. Then wash it out and leave in the reconstructor while I tend to the bottom half of my head.

Bascially, my whole head gets relaxed at different times.

This way, since I do it, it gets done right and done safe.

If you are confused, get it done professionally. Relaxing your hair takes patience and expertise. You do not want to overlap or burn yourself.

Good luck! I think lonei3 has a step by step process in her fotki. Check it out.

^^^ I agree with BossLady.

I recently began relaxing my hair in two sections and I will never do it any other way. I have the BEST results doing it this way.

In fact, I pre-section my hair with clips before applying any relaxer. That way I only have to apply the relaxer without having to do any parting. I have been able to apply the relaxer in 5 minutes. I have zero over or under-processing.

I section before I apply and use plastic clips to hold them separated (never use metal). That way all you have to do is separate the sections and apply and not rush thru your newgrowth for fear of over processing. I also mix some cholesterol with neutralizing shampoo to protect the length of my hair during application and rinsing (relaxer run-off).

After applying to newgrowth, go back and smooth adding more if you missed a spot. You have to be generous with your application for it to be straight or else you will end up with texlaxed hair. I never smooth the relaxer to the ends of my hair :nono:

Rinse for what seems forever :look: and neutralize x ? (do this until the suds are white). The instructions tell you to let the poo sit for a few minutes to neutralize the cortex. I do this about the 3rd shampoo and then I repeat until I'm sure it's all out. Final shampoo I mix it with a tsp of ACV and rinse.

As far as the protein step I skip Phyto's reconstructor and use GPB under the dryer for 20 minutes, rinse and follow up with a moist condish like Elucence MBC.

Add your leave in, etc

Back