Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri- It's love!

SoSwanky

Perfectly Posh...
Okay, as of 8/25, I now have the much sought-after Pibbs 514. I must tell you- it is love :woot: I had to share it with someone, so I chose to make a post about it, since I know that people here would understand :yep:

The UPS man pulled up to my house at a little past 4:00 p.m. This was after the DH arrived from work. I told him to be on the lookout for UPS since it had'nt showed up all day. I had ordered another thing so the UPS man came out with a small box and DH was like "You've been waiting on this little box all day?" (lol) I told him "Wait for it..." and sure enough, the UPS man was pulling a large box from the back of his truck. DH got it inside and pulled it to the middle of the floor and said that it looked like Christmas morning in here :lachen: I opened it and took everything out and told my DH that it was time for him to be the handyman! He put it together and we made sure that everything was working properly. Couldn't figure out how to open the lid, but thanks to a helpful post on here, we figured it out quickly! DH was like "Aren't you going to take your newest toy for a spin....All I can say is he knows me all too well :kiss::kiss2: .

Long story short... I washed, DCed, and set my hair on purple rollers....
It took 50 minutes to dry :blush:! I usually use a table top pink Ion dryer from Sally's and it took a long time for my APL hair to dry and sometimes the back still wouldn't be dry. It usually takes me anywhere from 1hr 20mins to 2hrs depending upon what type of rollers/rods that I use.
I loved the results- silky, shiny,bouncy, salon type hair :yep:.

In th beginning, I fretted over the price; now, with just one use, I know that it was a great investment.

Last edited:

SoSwanky

Perfectly Posh...
Very cool; glad you're loving it! How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind; not at all. I searched for a good minute after I decided to purchase the Pibbs and not another type of dryer. I paid $309.00 with free shipping from Bluebeez.com I previously signed up for their newsletter and used a coupon for 7% off (not much, but I ordered other things too). Not only am I pleased with the dryer, but I was pleased with the service and handling/care as well. They packed it up real nice :yep:.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Thats awesome! I want one of these soooo badly. I'm planning to get one when I make BSL.

SoSwanky

Perfectly Posh...
Thanks, Halee_J.

It has totally up my rollersetting game. I can tell the difference in the results of my rollersets. I have changed that brand of products, but not the actual product, meaning I still use the samethings to set with. My hair comes out silky, shiny, and bouncy, like I left the salon....Love It!!!!

You won't be disappointed with it.