PIC REQUEST! Bantu Knot Outs

MsLizziA

Your hair doesn't have to be straight. It can be in its natural state, relaxed, texlaxed, whatever! I just want to see some pics of different types of bantu knot out styles...dry,wet, damp sets... yep all dat

brg240

um I hope mine are okay, in the first one I had two big bantu knots and in the second 4
on dry hair that was dampened a bit

botched bantu knot out. the sides came out unmatching (one side was much more tightly curled) i had four bantu knots on each side, this is my right side here, this was on wet or damp hair

~~HoneyComb~~

~~HoneyComb~~: PLEASE share your regi! What products, how many knots, etc?

davisbr88

I lightly flat-ironed my hair using jojoba oil. Then I did the bantu knots--I didn't use any other products because I didn't want my hair to frizz, but the style didn't hold throughout the day like I would have liked it to.

I think I had around 20+ bantu knots on my head for this style. It was really cute when I took the pics in the morning, but by mid-day, all the curls fell.

My hair is currently straight and a few days before I wash, I may do another bantu set, this time adding a little aloe vera gel to hold and see how that works.

Amoreofcurls

My bantu knot outs NEVER came out right:ohwell:, any tips for them on natural hair?

Is it best to do them on wet , dry, or damp hair?

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
My bantu knot outs NEVER came out right:ohwell:, any tips for them on natural hair?

Have you tried twisting each section before you twist it into the knot? That may help. I've only done them on damp hair but I haven't done one in ages.

Uniqzoe

For me I have to do them on dry or only slightly damp hair because they take FOREVER to dry! I also like the way they look when I straighten it first. Which is what I did in the pics below and in my siggy. HTH.

Amoreofcurls

Have you tried twisting each section before you twist it into the knot? That may help. I've only done them on damp hair but I haven't done one in ages.

For me I have to do them on dry or only slightly damp hair because they take FOREVER to dry! I also like the way they look when I straighten it first. Which is what I did in the pics below and in my siggy. HTH.

Oh my lawd :blush: I totally forgot that I had achieved a semi successful bantu knot out a year ago:lachen:...

kmn1980 I did exactly what you advised and it did come out better than a regular bantu knot out...Uniqzoe you are totally right, I remember that it did come out better on dry hair...

This is exactly what happend

I did the first set on wet hair

It came out a hot mess because my roots just did not dry:nono:

So I let my hair dry, and since it was somewhat stretched out, I did bigger knots on my dry hair

and got this...way better than the first result:yep:

I had issues with the way it was falling, it just wasnt uniform enough (tips on that please?) So I just did an updo with it...

Leesh

exoticmommie, Please, do tell! What procedure had your knot out lookin' so Gorgeous?:spinning:

Amoreofcurls, Your Pin-Up is Beautiful, Mine, Neverrr! comes out like that, and which products did you use, cause its Blingin like 10 karats!:yep:

~Sparklingflame~, What was your method, wet or dry, and what products did you use, your hair is sharp :yep:? Also, How about, last night, right before we got booted off the system, my page changed colors and it turned into your page, with your Screename signed on and all, then it changed colors again and was somebody elses, Um, (Somebody) NY, I forget, but that was crazy. I informed Nikos, tho!:perplexed

exoticmommie, Please, do tell! What procedure had your knot out lookin' so Gorgeous?:spinning:

Amoreofcurls, Your Pin-Up is Beautiful, Mine, Neverrr! comes out like that, and which products did you use, cause its Blingin like 10 karats!:yep:

~Sparklingflame~, What was your method, wet or dry, and what products did you use, your hair is sharp :yep:? Also, How about, last night, right before we got booted off the system, my page changed colors and it turned into your page, with your Screename signed on and all, then it changed colors again and was somebody elses, Um, (Somebody) NY, I forget, but that was crazy. I informed Nikos, tho!:perplexed

Yeah girl, I was the one who could see peoples PM lists. :blush: I was signed in as Gin, then Poochie147, and then somebody else. I was like this HAS t be fixed!!!

Anyhoo, on the loose looking knot out it was done on dry hair and no product that I can remember and the tighter looking set was done on slightly dampened air and Vaseline. :blush:

Leesh

~Sparklingflame~, Yeah that is crazy, at least after next week, well be back to normal! I would love to elaborate more on it, but I don't want to hijack the thread!:look:

Mdmommy99

meatstarandjerrys.bmp.jpg I don't know how to make his pic larger. One of my friends did this for me. My hair was blowdryed and twisted into small bantu knots.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I just recently did my bantu-knot-outs on unstretched natural hair...

Nov. 9th bantu-knot-out:

Nov. 11th bantu-knot-out:

Last edited: