PIC REQUEST! Bantu Knot Outs

Iluvsmuhgrass

From when I was relaxed. I did these on blowdried damp (low temp) hair. (first pic) Minimal products for moisture, nothing for hold. They would last 3-5 days depending on how tight I made the knots. I also did them on wet hair and air dried (second pic)

Haven't done them on my natural hair.

Attachments

• braidout.jpg
    braidout.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 118
  • closebraidout.jpg
    closebraidout.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 119

Afrobuttafly

So about those pics... =[
I was too lazy to comb through each section b4 twisting and it came out a hot mess. So I will try again. UGH..

Imani

So you twist it, then twirl it around into the knot? I am so style challenged. Off to youtube to find a tutorial. Beautiful pics everyone

Last edited:

Whimsy

Great pics everyone!! My siggie pic is of a bantu knot out. but only 4 or 6 knots done on straightened hair. I didn't twist them before I twirled the hair around itself either.

Here's more from that knot out:

Nonie

What an awesome thread! My cheeks are hurting from grinning. @tkj25 needs to bring his butt to this thread and post his. :bat:

tkj25

^^^ girl you crazy, lol, but thanks for the note :):):) these are pics of bantus done on flatironed hair.

i had about 10 bantus: sides, top, & back.
the longer you leave them in, the longer the set lasts/holds.
bigger bantus = wavier curls, more hang.
smaller bantus = tighter, tinier curls, less hang.
i didn't use anything to hold them. just some oil (coconut, avocado, olive, castor blend) & whatever heat protect was left in my hair.
i just put them in before i went to sleep, about 10 of them, tied it up in a stocking cap, and took them down in the morning.
finger comb to separate. (lightly oiling your hands first, helps it to not frizz as much as you separate)
and that's about it -- a great alternative to the curling iron, that's way healthier for your hair.

Attachments

• bantus1.jpg
    bantus1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 86
  • bantus2.jpg
    bantus2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 85
  • bantus3.jpg
    bantus3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 78
  • bantus4.jpg
    bantus4.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 92
  • bantus5.jpg
    bantus5.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
*Click attached images of my bantu knot out done on Oct. 9, 2012*

Attachments

• IMAG1341.jpg
    IMAG1341.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMAG1342.jpg
    IMAG1342.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMAG1344.jpg
    IMAG1344.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 106

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Very pretty. Did you do it on wet or dry hair? Did you use any particular product on your hair before putting it in bantu knots?

GulfCoastChica, thank you! I did this on dry hair. I used Shea Moisture mist and the curl enhancing smoothie before styling my hair into twisted bantu knots.

Sent via Android LHCF App

AyannaDivine

BUMP!
So when you guys say 'twisted bantu knots' do you mean you do a two strand twist and then put it in a bantu knot? I was going to do these tonight, but my hair is wet and it seems like you get better results on dry hair.

Mo' pictures please!!!

Fine 4s

Mine came out wiggity wiggity wack! Made a thread asking for help prior to.

I didn't two strand twists but single strand twists with a wack product and water. Also my heat damage ends didnt really want to do anything as you can see. My coils came out very tight so my 20+ Bantus were too many. My hair was also very tangly and so when I tried to separate them, the hair got fuzzy. The front was decent. I ended up putting bobby pins all over to do a fro hawk or very close to it to hide the fuzzy mess. Not sure ill so this again this way. Perhaps on blow dried hair with larger sections....

Attachments

• image-1335217142.jpg
    image-1335217142.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 47
  • image-3821000646.jpg
    image-3821000646.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3388790003.jpg
    image-3388790003.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 42
  • image-2903591662.jpg
    image-2903591662.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 51

PBE718

For the first bantu knot out where my hair is longer, I blow dried my hair straight and then put in the bantu knot outs for approximately 1 hour. I ended up with really nice soft waves. The second picture is with a bantu knot out on my natural hair (when it was shorter about SL length). I love this style, you can dress it up or down. I have youtube video showing how I do this with rollersets but I do prefer it on blow dried hair. :superbanana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJAZqyRHBY4

Attachments

• Bantu Knot Out.jpg
    Bantu Knot Out.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 38
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: