Pics of Rollersets on Naturals (4b's especially)

jkamiel

Hey guys,
I'm slightly new to the forum. Well, I never post basically. I don't want to flat iron or press my hair because of potential heat damage :sad:, but i'm wondering how straight naturals' hair can get w/ a rollerset (either airdryed or using a hooded dryer). I've heard ppl rollersetting and then straightening but never using rollersets to straighten.. ESPECIALLY 4b's...

I probably will experiment and do a heated rollerset and flat iron my roots. That way it'll be pretty hard to damage my hair.

Sooo pleaaase.. post your pics of your rollersets!! Thanks everyone!

clever

All in all I would say it depends on the look you are going for.I got huge hair(I used medium rollers on large ponytail sections so it came out fluffy).Next time I'm going to buy HUGE rollers and divide the hair up into smaller sections so it will be more sleek.I'm not a fan of big hair on me at all so I'll make changes next time.

Last edited:

anon123

I've failed a couple of times with flexi rods. I know it's possible but I have to put just a small amount of hair on the flexi-rod. Too much hair will leave it fuzzy. It has to the amount of about one twist, maybe a little more, which means I need at least 50 rollers on my head and it's almost impossible to even fit that many flexi rods on my head at once. But if I could, I'm sure I could get results like this all over with no heat:

http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/hair/rollerout.html

If you just want to stretch the hair some, you don't need as many. In my bun tutorial (link in siggy), my hair was stretched by drying on flexirods, no more than 15 or 20.

I am 4b.