Airdrying Rollersets

SouthernDimps

Hey yall! So I tried rollersetting for the first time last night (which wasn't that bad! i finished detangling and setting in 45 min). my plan was to air dry since i don't own a hooded dryer. i was trying to stay up and study while my hair was drying but i fell asleep after 3 hours. when i woke up this morning, my ends were still damp and my roller set was ruined :(

how long does it take you to air dry your rollersets? i know that there are some ladies that do this. i'm BSL and i set with the grey rollers and plain water (after using aphogee leave-in, keratin restructurizer, and garnier sleek and shine leave in).

i don't have a problem buying a hooded dryer but i'm a broke college student and i'm afraid that my big head won't fit lol. and i've been airdrying since june for my braidouts and before i flat iron.

so yeah, how long does it take you to air dry your rollersets?

*KP*

How about getting a soft hood dryer like this

They are relatively inexpensive and although it'll still take much longer to dry than a salon hood dryer, it is much much faster than airdrying

gabulldawg

Usually I will airdry my curly rollersets since I am not trying to get my hair straight. I usually will plan to have my hair washed, conditioned, and rolled, etc. by 9pm and leave the rollers in my hair overnight. So usually probably around 12 hours for my hair to dry in total. I would also recommend a soft bonnet dryer if you don't have that kind of time.

SouthernDimps

How about getting a soft hood dryer like this

They are relatively inexpensive and although it'll still take much longer to dry than a salon hood dryer, it is much much faster than airdrying

where can i get information on something like this? my roommate, bf, and ls's would laugh soooo much if they saw this on me but i really wanna do rollersets lol

tatiana

It varies on the thickness of one's hair and length, type of roller used (mesh dries faster), type of leave-in in the hair, and the weather. Minimum air dry time is 8 hours.

Solitude

^^^^

The smaller table-top hood dryers aren't that expensive either, only like $40 or $50. They have other soft bonnet dryers that don't look like that other one as well.

neenee280

It is an all day affair - I start DCing for an hour or so, then shampoo and then rinse. I rollerset but the afternoon and then probably sleep in the rollers too. I need one of those dryers though...my bonnet that is attached to my blowdryer slips off.

naturalgurl

I attempted a roller set for the first time this past weekend. I let it air dry but I sat under a dryer for 10 minutes three different times for a total of 30 minutes. I set my hair at 2 pm, slept on those big rollers which was hard and at 7am my hair was a little over 3/4 dry. I used the big bouffant rollers too. I just added pics to my fotki. My hair was frizzy as all get out but really soft and manageable. I'm going to try again and let it air dry for at least 24 hours. It takes a while because of the layers wrapped on the roller. If I sit under a dryer I'm SURE it would look lovely. I like the bonnet thingy though.