Pics: wet or dry? and why?

Wet or Dry?

• I take my pics with dry hair

Votes: 105 86.1%
  • I take my pics with wet hair

Votes: 17 13.9%

• Total voters

schipperchow1

I took my first length picture yesterday with wet hair for the HL Challenge because I haven't had the time to straighten it. My preference was to take one of it flat-ironed. Anyway, I rarely straighten, blow dry or roller set my hair & usually wear it in a semi-wet state, whether it's in a bun, a banded pony or WnG.

Khaiya

Usually i mix it up, i just snap pics whenever i feel like. But since i'm transitioning and since i've noticed that my wet hair is 1 inch longer than my dry hair, i've decided to use dry, straightened or stretched ones for length checks since that's how other people see it anyway.

purplepeace79

I straighten my hair maybe once per year, so I prefer to just do comparison shots of different styles to show growth and they can be wet OR dry

Plus, I cant do all that reaching up and pulling down stuff that you flexible women can lol

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I straighten my hair maybe once per year, so I prefer to just do comparison shots of different styles to show growth and they can be wet OR dry

Plus, I cant do all that reaching up and pulling down stuff that you flexible women can lol

I thought I was the only one! :lachen: I tried to do the put my hand in the back of me and reach for my hair move and it's impossible! I don't know how so many ladies can do that and not dislocate their shoulder! :spinning:

PPGbubbles

I take my pics dry and straight because I cant reach behind my back lol. Just dont have the flexibility yall do.

If I left it wet or naturally kinky yall would never see my true length

supermodelsonya

Usually i mix it up, i just snap pics whenever i feel like. But since i'm transitioning and since i've noticed that my wet hair is 1 inch longer than my dry hair, i've decided to use dry, straightened or stretched ones for length checks since that's how other people see it anyway.
THIS:yep::yep:

exoticmommie

I only do updates with dry hair, but I love to take texture shots of my wet hair. I like to make sure that my hair looks good while wet too, and that I don't have the dreaded thin and straggly looking wet hair (since I am a relaxed head). I also like to check my progress between relaxers. It helps me know what I need to focus on. My latest progress pictures shows that my postpartum shedding was pretty bad and I need to refocus on thickness. I hate being surprised with bad hair on relaxer day. I want those pictures to be great.