Picture of a Seamless Comb

hot_pepper96

Can someone provide me a link to an example of a seamless comb? I have one of those large Wide tooth combs Orange combs that most beauty supply stores sell. I just wanted to know if it is okay to use. I've been using it for about two years and I mostly comb my hair w/wide tooth combs to avoide making my hair "pop" and "ping".

Queenie

I just bought some off of Ebay. Apparently they are supposed to be orange-brown colored to be easier to identify, but of course their are fakers. www.ebaystores.com/SalonAccessoriesInc

Attachments

• Combs.jpg
    Combs.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 106

MissYocairis

This is my absolute favorite seamless comb of all time (and, I have both kinds - this one and the "bone" variety). It's from www.tenderheaded.com

peacelove

MissVee said:
Do these really work? You know when you are used to paying $2 for a comb, paying $14 is a big jump.

I purchased one (it was a bone comb) and I found it to be worse than the wide tooth shower comb I have from the BSS. I personally don't think they are worth the money. If anything, I would spray your wide tooth combs with sheen spray to minimize any friction.

CreoleInDC

Excellent information! I'm currently putting together healthy hair bskets for all of my girlfriends for their birthday's this year and this would be PERFECT to add to it!

peacelove

CreoleInDC said:
I'm currently putting together healthy hair bskets for all of my girlfriends for their birthday's this year and this would be PERFECT to add to it!

Such a great idea. I was actually thinking about doing the same thing for my good friend who is dealing with some hair loss in her crown.

Sistaslick

CreoleInDC said:
Excellent information! I'm currently putting together healthy hair bskets for all of my girlfriends for their birthday's this year and this would be PERFECT to add to it!

July 19th. Get to it. :rofl:

atlien11

The teeth on one of the combs i bought from hair sense are a little on the sharp side but other than that, they work VERY well.

leleepop

The Jibere shower comb from Sally's is a seamless comb for 1.50 or so.The same brand sells another wide tooth comb but I like the shower one better. hth:)

HoneyDew

atlien11 said:
The teeth on one of the combs i bought from hair sense are a little on the sharp side but other than that, they work VERY well.

yeah, that's what i don't like about mine.

MissJ

CreoleInDC said:
Wow, what a great idea!

Healthb4Length

pink_flower said:
I only use bone combs. I think they are so worth it, especially if you rollerset.

co-signing with pink_flower. I noticed a big difference when I use a bone comb, Less hair is broken when I comb. They are worth the investment.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

OT: but how do you post :confused: it's like lately a few of you been doing hit-n-runs, lol, your light is never on next to ya name. :lol:
Alli77 said:
co-signing with pink_flower. I noticed a big difference when I use a bone comb, Less hair is broken when I comb. They are worth the investment.

Healthb4Length

I just ordered some more of these combs! They are great! I've never ordered from this seller but I hope my process goes smooth.

Blacktresses

I have a few different combs that I use. I have a tendency to misplace combs. Here is what I have purchased.

In the beginning I had very little hair. I thought this comb

would be perfect. Well it wasn't :ohwell: workin' for my natural hair :nono:. The ends were slightly sharp. It is good for parting and taking out braids (of course this is just my experience!!!). On the same purchase I also got this comb ...

I just love this comb. But then....wha happin was...a....I stopped using it....no reason. The next comb I started to use was this black rake comb...

The edges were way to sharp but it did the job.....I still wasn't happy until I found this comb...

Now, I remember the reason I slowly stop using the brown rake large teeth bone comb. It was a little heavy.

HoneyDew

Blacktresses said:
The edges were way to sharp but it did the job.....I still wasn't happy until I found this comb...

I have this one and I LOVE it. I got it from a dollar store. Went back the same day and bought 2 more!!

(Columbia MD Ladies they have them at the "dollar" store in Hickory Ridge!)

Sistaslick

hmmm... its okay. For the price I paid, I'm gonna get as much use out of this puppy as I can.:lol: I went through a period where I didn't use it at all. It seemed a little to sharp/angular in the teeth-- almost worse than a seam at first. It definitely looks hand crafted. :lol: But honestly, I rarely lost hair combing with it-- surprisingly. I've since re-embraced my bone comb. I think it works better on wet hair for me-- which is mainly when I'm combing my hair anyway.

Chromia

Blacktresses said:

I bought that comb last year, but I never used it because it's so sharp.

Then I bought this hard rubber comb:

I bought this on Zooscape. They have terrible customer service, but I had nowhere else to buy this comb. It glides through my hair so easily. The teeth are very smooth and they're not sharp at all.