Picture request : can i see transitioning hair pictures?

can I see buns, twistouts, braid outs, whatever you have done to help you with your transition?

I am really looking for neat bun ideas with accesories and such. I just wanna see what you long term stretchers/transitioners are doing with your hair. I am getting bored with my buns and bantu knots.

Thanks ladies!

NubianCurls

Here is my braid-out (Cornrows) I also wear buns, will go n get a pic =) 8months transitioning going to 9th.

Attachments

• hairweekender.jpg
    hairweekender.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 81
Looks good Nubian.

Also , not to be picky, but can we upload the pictures or use something besides tiny pic or photobucket, beause most people have those sites blocked at work!

Sorry for being so needy

Ediese

These were all done on transitioning hair. They helped a lot as well as my weaves. (Know you guys have already seen these pics, so please bear with me)

Last edited:

Ediese

Lookin good Ediese!

How did you do the bun in the third row (with the gold earrings)

I also love the down do. Was this a rollerset?

Thanks! For the bun, I first put my hair in a ponytail. Then, divided my hair into about 5-6 pieces. I two strand twisted those sections, and then randomly pinned it up. It's pretty simple, and fast too.

The pics with the curls were a flexirod set.

From looking at yor signature and avatar Mummy, I am sure your hair looks nice. I am at work and will try and view them when I get home (it's hard for me to get on after work)

Soliel185

I have a folder in my fotki album with all my protective styles, and there are also pics of my hair (new growth vs chemical) throughout my transition.

Lyoness

I did buns, french plaits, banana clips, wigs, senegalease twists throughout my transition.. a flat iron here and there too.. I've some pics in my fotki hth's

Morenita

Omg Ediese, gorgeous :love2:

I bun 95% of the time, unless it's a special occasion. My avy is my everyday bun.

FindingMe

See attached for my everyday braidout and wet bun. I either do a braid out or a wet bun. More transitioning hair stuff in my FOTKI (see siggy)

Attachments

• 100_6136.jpg
    100_6136.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_6080.jpg
    100_6080.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 41

fairyhairy

wow looking at these styles , i really don't know s*** about to take care of my hair, i mean how you get it soo smooth, and the buns are great. my twist outs are a fuzzy mess and its a nightmare getting into my new growth, well i have now figured i need to use loads of conditioner as leave in to get my hair soft, but i look like a mess sob!

TemiLnd

I did a mixture of everything - check out my Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/TemiLnd/2008/jan---june-2008/

djanae

mine's in my siggy.

not complicated, but I love it.

some gel, lightly brush my edges, twist my hair up, clamp and go!
(and tie it down if I have time for good measure).