Transitioning Challenge

MummysGirl

3 months already? wow, time flies! I remember when you left a message in the transitioners thread about your decision to transition. I can't believe it's been 3 months already! KUTGW!

I cowash my hair 3-4 times a week, when it's in the braids (no extensions), I don't have to do much to my hair. When it's loose, I usually cornrow or flattwist it after cowashing and/or DC'ing. Some days I get lazy and leave the cornrows/flat twists in - especially on days I work out with them still in and rinse my hair after, I just use a headband or scarf to make them look pretty. Usually, though, I wear the braidouts/twistouts.

I'm going to try to keep my next set of braids for 3 weeks (I'm going to do them on Saturday), I usually have them in for 2 weeks. This will mean less manipulation and less time spent on my hair :yep: And I'll leave my hair out for only a week (instead of the usual 2 weeks)... I'll see.

I'm a little over 3 months post. I have implemented some things into my routine that will really help as time goes on. Thanks to the ladies in the "Use One, Buy One Challenge" :yep:. Obviously we talk about more than the challenge :). One simple thing that has made a huge difference is plaiting my hair up at night. I just put in 4 plaits and I am good to know. Who knew, right? It has made detangling a lot easier. I have to remember that one of things they say helps when transitioning is to treat your hair as if it is natural although you are not yet.

MummysGirl--How many times a week do you do your hair?

3akay3

Joining!

Last Relaxer: 8/6/09

Transition Period: Until my natural hair is APL and then I'll BC whatever relaxed ends are left.

Transition Style: I'm only two months post so keeping everything straight for now. I'll probably start using flat twists and braid outs when the battle of the two textures really begins.

I recently posted a blog about why I'm transitioning :locks:

Aggie

Whoa! Again, I miscalculated the length of my stretch so far and believe it or not I am not over 35 weeks as I thought before, but 37 weeks post as of today - my birthday:yay: for me!

Now I have 51 weeks left to go:yep:.

MummysGirl

Happy Birthday!!!!

I'm 42 weeks post on Saturday :yay:

Whoa! Again, I miscalculated the length of my stretch so far and believe it or not I am not over 35 weeks as I thought before, but 37 weeks post as of today - my birthday:yay: for me!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Count me in! I texlaxed last weekend prepping for BKT, and I will BKT this weekend. My plan is to use BKT to transition to natural. I will not be texlaxing again, as the BKT I've chosen should give me the same effect. Hoping for all natural BSL by my 40th birthday (10/22/2012).

Shay72

Natural, 4A
:bday5: Happy Birthday, Aggie!

Today is one of those days when I question why I'm transitioning but know I am down for the cause no matter what. The two textures :nono:.

Aggie

I only hope I am as youthful and beautiful as you when I'm 41!!!

You will:kiss:.

Looking good! I'm 40 myself. :yep:

Also, I'll be stretching for about 6 months to determine whether I want to transition or relax.

Today is one of those days when I question why I'm transitioning but know I am down for the cause no matter what. The two textures :nono:.

Happy birthday!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes ladies:bighug:.

Platinum

Congratulations and happy birthday, Aggie! :bouncy:

Ltown

Greyland

Don't give up Shay, find a style that you like the most. Since it will be getting colder and you probably will wear protective style/bun it should be easy to transition. I need to be in this challenge too, let me read the rules.

Platinum

I haven't taken my braids out yet. :wallbash: I will be 24 weeks post tomorrow and I have no idea what to do to my hair. Money's tight right now so I won't be able to go to the braid shop for a while. I'm scared to take my braids out because this a critical time for me...I usually get frustrated and end my transition around 26 weeks.

:crying3:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Don't give up Shay, find a style that you like the most. Since it will be getting colder and you probably will wear protective style/bun it should be easy to transition. I need to be in this challenge too, let me read the rules.
No worries I will keep on keeping on :yep:. Bunning is all I do. I think it is time for a twist out. I haven't done one in a long time. Maybe I will twist my hair up tonight.

I haven't taken my braids out yet. :wallbash: I will be 24 weeks post tomorrow and I have no idea what to do to my hair. Money's tight right now so I won't be able to go to the braid shop for a while. I'm scared to take my braids out because this a critical time for me...I usually get frustrated and end my transition around 26 weeks.

:crying3:
You can do it!!!!! :grouphug:

missnurselady

Ive decided to transition to tex-laxed, my last relaxer was in August. I dont plan on relaxing at all until May. I have really fine hair, and hopefully this will help me gain some type of thickness.