Pictures of those who BCed before a year

Growinpainz

I transitioned for 6 months. BC'ed this past saturday 10/4/08 and I like it

cottoncoily

I BC'd around 5 and 1/2 months. More pics in fotki which is in siggy and the password is in profile.

Attachments

• bc.jpg
    bc.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 13

SheenaVee

i wish i could bc but i wudnt know what to do with my hair. my transitioni s going ok so far anyway so i dnt feel i need to.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I BC'd around 6 or 7 months post relaxer. Here are some maybe a week after, as you can see I had a ton of straight ends still. These are also combed out with conditioner still in it.

Here's a dry picture, you can see how thirsty my hair was:

3 months post BC (10 months post relaxer) also set with conditioner, but dry.

Four months, dry:

Last weekend: I know I am not wearing the tomaka's twists correctly, but I didn't get any pics once I fixed it. Also my hair is pulled back in the pic.

I'm about a year or so post.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I transitioned for 6 months. BC'ed this past saturday 10/4/08 and I like it

I have some pics...

I B'cd after about 5 months of transitioning... I then proceeded to cut more of to this length...

Currently, i am back to where i started... I think... My hair types is proabably 3c/4a even mix of things. I got tired of blending 2 textures and since i am not good at doing my hair as other ladies, I just cut it all off.. it was a good idea. :yep:

You ladies are both rocking those short do's like I never could. It makes your beautiful features so much more prominent!

i didnt like my BC BUT it grew out extremely fast so I was down in the pits for too long. I had my last relaxer in July 2003 and BC'd in November....and then 1 year later I had tons of hair.

Wow, nice growth!!

Girl - just go for it!!! I bc'd March of 2007 after 9 months of new growth (which for me, was MORE than enough - the two textures and breakage was driving me nuts!)... My short hair was the easiest I have EVER had to deal with before the bc and therafter! Now that its longer, I am EXTREMELY glad I went through with it... I think my hair grows the same (average) with or without the relaxer, but transitioning can cause you to make some unhealthy tradeoffs on hair care (what works well for relaxed hair does NOT work well for virgin hair, and vice versa... no matter what anyone says, you are probably making a choice, imho, and one hair type will suffer)

The link to my bc pics is here, though I will attach a few shots below to help you understand my journey:

Two textures the day of my BC (clearly the relaxed ends were losing the battle):

My first wash post-BC:

My hair after shingling (when they rake a heavy product, in this case miss jessie's curly pudding) through your hair and use a hooded hair dryer:

My hair now, wash and go with conditioner raked throughout:

My hair now, straight:

I know its a lot of pictures, and I have a TON more (been tracking my hair journey since September, 2006). Feel free to stop by whenever you want! I think this was one of the best decisions of my whole life, and I have not worn a single set of individual braids, cornrows, weaves or anything of the like while transitioning or growing my natural hair out. Trust me, it can be done! I think its ok to do some protective styling (in the winter I do more twists and twistouts and buns), but you can still have fun with it and grow it long! Good luck, and hope this helps!

Serenity326

Serenity, you know I love your hair. I am hoping that we are hair cousins or some kind of kin :lachen: