Pictures with your face in them on the Interenet

jupitermoon

Pictures with your face in them on the Internet

I'm sorry if this has been posted before. This is mainly for fotki users.

How do you feel about posting pics with your face in it on the internet for all to see? Is it better to make albums with face shots so that only registered fotki users can see them? I'm not too fond of password protected albums.

What do you use to edit your face out?

I have some pics of myself during my "short hair", relaxed, and transitioning days, but all of them include my face. I'd like to post these on my fotki, but feel uneasy about having my face all over the Internet.

Last edited:

Nonie

You can be ghetto like me and use a program like Paint to select and delete your face or to paste on shapes over your face like:

Or you can crop the pic so most of your face isn't showing. *shrug*

There are a few people that create a swirl--I think Photoshop does that--but it reminds me of that pedophile that thought he was being clever posting his pic on Youtube like that. :giggle:

MissBCurly

for me its not as big as a deal because you can google my real name and I come up in articles with pictures attached, as well as Im a photographer so its bound to happen in my case for different reasons.

Barbara

Princess
for me its not as big as a deal because you can google my real name and I come up in articles with pictures attached, as well as Im a photographer so its bound to happen in my case for different reasons.

You're right! I never thought about this until I was asked several times by Verifen Complex to send pictures in. When I did, they kept asking for more--so I sent three sets; but as a premiere customer, the company wanted to use my pictures for testimonial purposes. However, they didn't post all of them.

People want feedback on this product line, so it's no big deal. I've had to answer their questions to put their mind at ease. That's one of the reasons why I decided not to have a fotki, because the whole world can see my face. One website is enough for me.

Last edited:

jupitermoon

You can be ghetto like me and use a program like Paint to select and delete your face or to paste on shapes over your face like:

Or you can crop the pic so most of your face isn't showing. *shrug*

There are a few people that create a swirl--I think Photoshop does that--but it reminds me of that pedophile that thought he was being clever posting his pic on Youtube like that. :giggle:

:lachen:lol. I'm going to try this later this week when I get the time.

I just found my picture with my relaxed shoulder length to not quite apl hair from late 2003 early 2004. I also found my pic when I had bangs. I think my relaxed hair looked really strange. People used tell me back then that my hair looked like a wig and now I can see why.... My hair has really changed in the last 5 years thanks to LHCF. I don't want people looking at my fotki thinking my hair has always been long.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Is it better to make albums with face shots so that only registered fotki users can see them?

Registered users are still strangers who could steal your pics.

For the most part I block my face for fotki (and here) but there are a few pics where you can see the side profile of my face or my eyes are closed.

I think it comes down to what you feel comfortable putting out there because every picture you put on the internet is a right click away from being used for purposes you never intended.

Natural Glow

I don't usually show my face because i'm just not all that photogenic. Usually I do what Nonie said and put a shape over it. If someone saw the pic they would probably still know it was me but they wouldn't see whatever crazy face I was making.

The thing about Fotki that kinda messes with me is off to the right hand side it says: ORDER GIFT PRINTS and you can get t-shirts and stuff made. I don't know what I would do if I was walking down the street and someone had my bun on their bag or t-shirt. Or a coffee mug with my roller set on it.

Glamorous_chic

The thing about Fotki that kinda messes with me is off to the right hand side it says: ORDER GIFT PRINTS and you can get t-shirts and stuff made. I don't know what I would do if I was walking down the street and someone had my bun on their bag or t-shirt. Or a coffee mug with my roller set on it.

:lachen:this is too funny, b/c i was thinking the same thing. like what kind of weirdo would do that, and i'm sure someone in this world has done that. :perplexed lol

Nonie

:rofl: :lachen:
I have never thought of that but that's the funniest ish I have read all day! :dead:

Desarae

I personally show my face in pics. I really don't care, hopefully they're not used for anything else, but there is still a risk.

I use www.picnik.com to pixelate the face in some of the pics I take (I asked this lady in the mall if I could take a pic of her hair to put on my internet photo album, yeah I'm bold):

BostonMaria

I don't usually show my face because i'm just not all that photogenic. Usually I do what Nonie said and put a shape over it. If someone saw the pic they would probably still know it was me but they wouldn't see whatever crazy face I was making.

That is HYSTERICAL!!!!! :lachen: I want a mug with BSL hair and love handles!

Taina

I don't have a problem showing my face on pictures. I really don't care too much about it. But what i'm doing now is to put a watermark in some space because i don't want ppl to use it in another board or somewhere else. You never know what people can do.

Child0fGod

must be an old-school complex.
i actually find it weird when i see blurred out faces on here :lol:
first time i've seen that. very strange :nuts::D:D:D

jhcprincess

To me it's not a big deal because my picture is all over facebook anyway. On here, I refuse to post a picture wearing just a bra or being topless, because it's possible that someone could identify my anatomy even though my back is to the camera.

Nayna

Unbothered
It doesn't bother me really. I noticed that thing on fotki as well but you can edit that so that other people can't order pics of you. I'm still not sure how protected fotki is though.

carameldelight87

I think by NOT putting ur face in the pics u run the risk of someone using ur pic more than a pic WITH ur face in it. Anyone can grab ur pic and say "this is me" if there's no face in it. :perplexed

And unless u have warrants or are on the FBI's people of "interest" list, why are u worried about someone seeing u and ur :gorgeous: hair anyway?! As long as it's nothing x-rated or offensive it shouldn't affect ur daily life whatsoever. And as long as ur address, SSN, license plate #, etc isn't in the pic no one should be able to find u based on the color of ur walls so ur not in any danger...what's the big deal? :ohwell:

I will never understand :scratchch why people are so afraid of the internet. If anything, I've made lots of GREAT friends :cheers: with people I've met via Youtube and Twitter and even met the love of my life on Myspace. :dinner: It's all about being smart :dork: with online profiles, and not putting urself at risk.

But of course, it's ur decision and we'll respect it either way. :yep:

ceebee3

I post pics, but you won't be seeing my face either. I don't want my face popping up in google searches for hair.

Most of the people I'm around in real life, would find all this hair talk crazy anyhow.

I never discuss this stuff off the boards and I don't want my face associated with everything here.

Lyoness

I don't think I'm photogenic so Im not comfy with my face being online at all.. I use www.pixlr.com to blur out my face.. It's an online stripped version of photoshop but you can stil blur/crop/use layers