PJism Savings Plan for the month of July

joyandfaith

Alright ladies, I've thought of a plan that may allow us to curb PJism and build a savings all at once. Its simple:

• If you decide to buy a hair product, you must set the same amount of money aside. This can be kept in an envelope in your house or you can make a quick transfer online into your savings account (watch out for those accounts with transfer fees though)
  • example: If you have to have that new/improved $10 turbo, silkening conditioner, it will now cost you $20 because you will purchase the conditioner for $10 and set $10 aside in your PJ savings account. This will allow you to ask yourself...do I really need it???
  • We would do this for the entire month of July and see how much money we saved and how many urges we kept at bay
Anyone with me? :look:

JustKiya

That's a grand idea!!! :yep:

I'm trying to do the 'Buy Nothing in July' challenge - but this is a great inbetween step (the halfway house of PJ'ism reformation :lachen:)

Butterfly08

This is great idea! :yep: I was such a bad girl in June, this would force me to decide whether I want to find double the cost of a product in my budget!

Nice & Wavy

This is a great idea...but, I know I won't be able to hang. I would just put that money away and then go and by the expensive stuff I wanted to get anyways....it wouldn't work:lachen:

Now, before anyone says anything...I have great savings....no problem there, I just like 'stuff'...:lachen:and so, I buy it:spinning:

lilsparkle825

i love the 3 day rule but this is even better. well maybe not for me since my mom usually pays for stuff :ninja: but this is a great idea.

sydwrites

:lachen: It's easier than going cold turkey, that's for sure!!! :lol: There were people having the shakes in the Buy Nothing Challenge.... :giggle:

That was definately me last month. Now this I can handle, I almost had an anuerism(sp) when i got this sundays paper with a coupon for $3 dollar off for two herbal essences. Thats buy one get one free, a little more at Walmart. Lets not talk about the $5 coupon for infusium 23, and they expire the end of july :wallbash:

Butterfly08

That was definately me last month. Now this I can handle, I almost had an anuerism(sp) when i got this sundays paper with a coupon for $3 dollar off for two herbal essences. Thats buy one get one free, a little more at Walmart. Lets not talk about the $5 coupon for infusium 23, and they expire the end of july :wallbash:

Sorry, but you got me dyin'. :lol: