PJ's come on in: Goddess Curls

LovinLocks

Went to Target this afternoon, minding my own business (only wanted thread :lol:) and this product jumped off the shelf, hit me in the head.

Goddess Curls (for multi-ethnic women and girls) - HOW COOL IS THAT?
botanical curl gel to d

efine, defrizz and hold curls

I opened cap, smelled it, non-distinct

Noticed it is thick yet in a pump 8 oz. bottle

get this . . . the label states

NO Sulfates, Silicones, Parabens, Mineral or Petrolatum Oils!

THAT'S what really caught my attention

The product and bottle are translucent, the label is orange, black, green and yellow. I had never seen nor heard of this stuff. Excited to try it.

Curls Goddess Glaze Organic Gel - Ideal for THICK curly hair

Infused with Plumeria Alba Flower Extract and Aloe leaf juice, this botanical gelle imparts sheen, fights frizz, and creates popping curls! The perfect product for curlies in humid climates to provide all day curl definition and to protect against a curly girls worst nightmare, FRIZZ! Great product to use before traveling...to set and keep your curls in place.

size: 8 oz
Ingredients: Water, Sorbitol, Polyacrylate-14, Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polyquaternium-7, Polysorbate 20, Certified Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Certified Organic Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Certified Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Certified Organic Plumeria Alba Flower Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1 Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin.
Curly Hair Products | Advice for Natural African American-Ethnic-Biracial Curls Care

Ooh, I just saw this on their website (I'd like to try this thought it does not fit my hair type):

Whipped Cream - Organic Cream for THICK, KINKY textured curls
I love this cream. It makes my 4A soft and helps define curl. I can actually see a curl pattern! Nice sheen also. And the smell... perfect! Great product.

Mrs. Verde

The question was raised in another post that the products in Target have different ingredients than products on the website. Do we know if this is true?

Dposh167

yea i remember this being discussed before on here. I think it was a thread called "curls in target" or something like that. I think they said that some of the products had different ingredients and some didn't perform the same as the one curls sells on the site

makeupgirl

I just got the curls creme burle and it's awesome. My hair is not frizzy and my hair just soaked it right up. Even my mom said my curls looked better and more springy. This stuff is boss. I might try it tomorrow with my kinky curly curl custard.

chebaby

i didnt like the creme brulee or the gel. but i used the gel in the store lol so at least i didnt buy it. i also used the spray in the store too and my hair felt drier than it did before i used it.
the only curls for target product i liked was the coconut curlada conditioner.

from the regular curls line i love the coconut sublime conditioner, cleansing cream, milkshake(love this) and the whipped cream is iffy for me. sometimes it works and sometimes it does. i hated the souflee. it just did not work for me but i loved the texture and the smell.

gadgetdiva

I LOVE the Coconut Curlada! I wish that they sold the same prods on the site as they do in Target. I thought that the Coconut Sublime would be comparable but the ingredients are different slightly and I'm not sure why but I may still give it a try.

beautyaddict1913

I have the cream brulee, its hit or miss...sometimes it makes my hair really soft and defined and sometimes it seems to dry it out...too inconsistent for me to re-purchases. The goddess curls has great hold but it did make my hair a little hard, im going to experiment with it again, becuz that was at least 6 months ago...i used it to set a braid out and i put the creme brulee under it....i need to try the original curls line. Thanks @chebaby for the reviews!

LovinLocks

K, so now I have used this stuff. No complaints, but no accolades either. Now I'll tell you what I have, stumbled upon it, had no idea what is was or how to use it when I first purchased it . . . FX Curls Up. Now THAT stuff is the business.