PJ's Unite! Which product are you dying to try?

BronxDiva

Re: PJ\'s Unite! Which product are you dying to try?

Has anyone tried using Joico products or MOP products? Im tired of Infusim 23 to hard and crispy.

Armyqt

I use Joico Integrity leave-in conditioner. It does a great job of detangling.

pmichael52172

Joico Integrity is WONDERFUL. It's a Detangling leave in and I've been using it for about a year. I love that it's in a spray and I have even used it on my dry hair when I wanted to quickly make a cute updo but don't have time to wash, wet and all that. I just spray, comb down, put on a silk scarf and several minutes later its flat and soft.

BronxDiva

Thanks pmichael52172,

I just bought the Joico Leave in conditioning detangler $9.99 /images/graemlins/frown.gif I am going to try it tomorrow. Wish me luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

AmilLion

I just purchased the Elucence Serious Shining Spray and I must say, I'm very pleased with it soo far. Excellent choice. Dummm deee dummm dummm....I would place it right now above my Arosci Hair Mist. However, they're both running neck to neck but Elucence has Arosci beaten. My personal choices for hair Oils

1) Elucence Serious Shining
2) Arosci Hair Mist
3) KeraCare Essential Oil (used sparsely)
4) Mizani RoseH20 (used sparsely, contains mineral oil)

I'm sorry, I know wildgrowth's good for your hair, but that stuff stinks like all heck. I cannot stink for the sake of hair lol.

Armyqt

Hi Amillion, seeing as how Elucence is my all time favorite and I own just about everything in their line, except this, you're gonna make me go online and order some! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks for the review.

A

AmilLion

Great ...I'm sure you'll like it. Arosci as well.

daviine

I would leave it at the honey and olive oil first. See how you lik ethat, and then add one ingredient at a time so you can see which one your likes best.

daviine

Sassygirl, maybe someone from NY could send you some Domincan conditioners. E-mail if you're really DYING. LOL! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dying to try:
Pantene (I don't know--the one Allandra keeps talking about--is it Daily Moisture Renewal?)

Here's on my to-try list:
I want to retry ORS Hair Mayo and under a new critical eye
Tropical Avacado Hair Cream (trying to run into this one)
10 en 1 Conditioner

I THINK that's it but not really sure

Last edited:

Allandra

Daviine,

It's the Pantene Smooth & Sleek conditioner. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peachtree

Here's my list...

* Creme of Nature shampoo
* Wild Growth Oil
* ORS Hair Mayo
* Motions No Lye
* Conditioner washes (still researching which product to use)
* Nourishair (I believe that's how it's spelled) & other vitamins....(Hopefully, they'll boost my energy level)

Ebony

As soon as my weave comes out, i want to try the pantene smooth n sleek conditioner that worked wonderfully for me years ago. i also want to try john frieda's ripple effect and his daily replenisher from the new RELAXED line. also, i believe it's called brilliance or something by aveda that i think sweetcocoa has been raving about all year.

Lindy

I stumbled upon this old but great post (thanks, BRH!!) and I think it's time for an update!!

To everyone who posted, did you try your product? If so, how was it? And are you still using it?? To everyone else, feel free to add yours!!

Here are mine:

1) Feria Conditioner for Color treated hair
2) Kiehl's Silk Groom with John Frieda Ripple Effect -- (I have both products but I'm waiting for warm weather!!!)
3) Elasta QP Mango Butter

I think that's it for now. Although I'm sure you ladies will give me some ideas...

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong

Here's my list:

1. Pantene Smooth-N-Sleek
2. Elasta QP Mango Butter
3. Gold Medal Herbal Tame herbal relaxer
4. ORS Hair Mayo
5. S-Curl Moisturizer/Activator
6. WGO
7. Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions Shampo/with a few drops of peppermint EO

I am DEFINETLY a PJ!

shinyblackhair

Tee hee...I LOVE these kinds of topics...

I'm dying to try (and will most likely get this weekend):

Wild Growth Oil
GNC Hair vitamins
EPO tablets
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream Treatment
Lottabody setting lotion

Um, I think that's it...I feel like I'm forgetting somthing tho...
Oh YEAH...Mizani Moisturfuse! I was THIS close picking this up today, but didn't get it...I got the Elasta QP Mango butter instead, lol LUV IT!!!

ms_kenesha

I'm dying to try the Keracare Humecto and my Avocado Butter from Cedarvale.net. That's all I can think of right now!

Tara

Okay, let me first say that I'm not a pj
I'm really, really not
LOL!

I have a loooong list:

My Amla powder that I have in the cabinet

The "Growth Oil" that was posted (try it with some real consistancy that is)

Fudge Products - I really like the smell (most of the stuff I smelled, smelled likc chocolate) and I really want to try <font color="blue">Fudge Dynomite </font> (which is their reconstructor) and the <font color="blue">Conditioner 2 </font> It's says "For hair that has been chemically degraded"
that's me with these highlights!!

http://www.fudge.com/

Lavett and Chin Products Their products are EXPENSIVE (to me at least) but when I walk into a beauty supply and see the <font color="blue">Shea Butter Mask, Lavender Leave in conditioning spray.....heaaaaven, I lose my mind because I realize I CAN make this at home
</font>

http://www.beautyhabit.com/lavett_conditioners.html

Any product by Aveda, I've just never used any of their shampoo's or conditioners so I'd love to try just ONE....okay several!!

I need to do a quick search but I'm sure there are a TON more that I haven't thought of!!

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Tara said:
Okay, let me first say that I'm not a pj
I'm really, really not
LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, right, sure you're not.

BTW, I used to be a PJ, and I'm trying really hard not to go there again. Sometimes these wonderful ladies make it so darn hard. However, I'm doing my best.

thanks for bringing back this thread again!! well since I started it, I may as well update and say that I didn't try either product I mentioned
I tried the Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal being it has identical ingredients to Smooth and Sleek and I"ve already given it away to a friend. Not great stuff to keep. And I never purchased the Arosci.

Right now I can say that there's nothing I want to try. Actually, there is but I'm in no rush. Its called Aestelance. My hairdresser friend has used this on me for deep conditioning during t/u's and I like it alot so now of course, I want to go find the damn thing myself

But I"m in no rush. I'm still loving my L'oreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment and my Kerastase Smooth Mask

(As you can see I like anything that smooths/seals/has cones. You get the drift).

Please all continue to add your next 'try list' things. I agree we do need an update.

yes azul that's it. I saw a spray and also the balm on the counter top by the sink.

I beleive this is what she used on my hair the past 2 times. I'm thinking of giving her a quick call though first to confirm and if that's what she used on me, well... you can guess what I'll prolly go do...

beana3

why is this thread in existence??? BRH, you have tempted me once again!!! Unfortunately every prod i WANTED to try before i tried, no restraint at all. BTW i hated the Arosci.

Yesterday i got sidetracked at the BSS store and was pissed b/c Ra-ma raised the price on the 8 oz Humecto.. so i went to another store and purchased stuff i didn't even want to try.. but i spent less than $5, so i guess its ok

when Ra-ma gets their 16oz bottles of Humecto i'll try that
Elasta Breakage Control Serum
Affirm relaxer (which will start a vicious cycle of 5 in 1 reconstructor, and affirm positive link condit)

I plan on buying these in the next month .. along with Silken seal!

OnlyErin

I'm glad someone brought this thread up! I am a PJ galore! I live literally down the street from a Sally's and a GBS (Gables Beauty Supply) AND a day spa that sells hard-to-find beauty products (Browne's &amp; Co.) and an Aveda concept salon, so I am constantly broke (somebody get me out of Miami Beach!)

That being said, the one beauty product I'm dying to try is one I found at Bean's Beauty in Philadelphia, (which is where I'm from). It's called ID Care Liquid PPT. You put it on dry hair once a month and add heat for twenty minutes, and it's supposed to make your hair soft and silky feeling with no frizz. I plan to buy that along with a hair steamer to do treatments.

I also want to try the Aestelance products BRH mentioned because they look cool, and the new Aveda sap moss pre-shampoo treatment, which I actually purchased but have not used yet. Aveda products work well on me. I've already tried the Aveda light elements smoothing fluid and like it a lot! It's a product to give your hair shine, but it doesn't feel heavy like some glossers (i.e. John Frieda or ion).

Whew. OK, I'm waiting for my tax return so that I'm not totally broke buying all this stuff

OE

Titansgirl

Let me see
There are not a lot of hair products that i want to try. I'm really thinking about buying one of those hair steamers that was mentioned on one of the other threads. I'm also debating on buying a ceramic flat iron. Okay!! I really have been eyeing the one at Sallys, but I'm having a problem w/ pulling the money out of my purse....

Islandgirl

My to try list includes:
1. Aveda Sap Moss Preshampoo Treatment-OnlyErin please give an update when you try this product

2. Kiehl's Silk Groom Leave In
3. Aubrey GPB
4. Elasta QP Mango butter

I just heard about this product this week that (brh, azul, onlyerin) were referring to-Aestelance, I have no experience with the product though. I was at a salon restocking my Keracare and I asked the hairstylist which protein conditioners do they use for strengthening, and she said Aestelance and told me it was from France (i thought, i have never heard about this product before). It's so great to see that I can go to LHCF and find out more about this product (azul's link)

Nova

My two daughters and I was talking last night about all the products we've tried over the years and which ones worked best for us. We all agreed, hands down, that Gueye Hair Care Products was the winner!

My daughters got 1" growth a month. They used the entire line of the Gueye products: Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave-in conditioner, the vitamins, hair oil &amp; hair treatment (in my terms: grease).

Even though I was experiencing major hair problems; thinning, bald spots &amp; straw textured hair, the leave-in I used twice daily; morning &amp; evening, my hair started to grow. (Until I got lazy &amp; quit using the Gueye system)

Ennyaa

Sadly.... I've pretty much bought everything I wanted to try.

Ok except the Hairobics scalp stimulator. But believe me it won't be too much longer before I have that too! Just let me finish up this Gueye hair oil I have. (Next week) Then I'll be all over it.