Plastic Caps, Anyone???

t_marie_71483

I dont use plastic caps but I do cover my wrapped hair with plastic reynolds wrap to keep it moisturized and smooth at night, works great! I also do this immediately after I flat iron to replinish moisture that is lost by the heat . I always apply a moisturizer first tho. I wouldn't flat iron without it, its my secret weapon:yep:

tenjoy

Does anyone sleep with a plastic cap on their head? I tried this last night & I was amazed at how moisturized my hair was this morning.

I did my usual evening moisture treatment (distilled water + pure glycerin + Hot 6 oil). Instead of covering with my satin bonnet only, I covered with a plastic (conditioning) cap, then I put my satin bonnet on top. (the bonnet kept the plastic cap from "crunching").

This morning, my hair was EXTREMELY soft, lustrous & silky. The new growth was just a tid bit damp, but that's fine with me, cuz I'm trying to keep it as moisturized as possible.... *This is my weapon to fight breakage at the "line" * Also, my strands were a deep black color, which is a sure sign that my hair is properly moisturized.

This is definitely a keeper
routine when I need a "quick" moisture fix on non poo days

Has anyone else slept with their hair in a plastic cap to retain moisture?

I never thought about that as a sign of hair being properly moisturized. But I can see that being so, good observation

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I think it's the jherri curl principle: folks hair grew like crazy during the curl craze in the 70's or 80's because of the moisturizing methods. To keep their curls looking right, folks moisturized and slept with caps on their heads then spritzed in the morning. The moisture led to some amazing growth on a lot of folks (especially the bruhs!)

I think that is sooooo true!! :up:

I wear a plastic cap e.v.e.r.y.n.i.g.h.t. faithfully. I'm not worried about over moisturizing because my hair lets me know when it needs protein and I respond accordingly. I seriously believe that I will meet my goal of APL stretched loooong before my countdown ticker expires and I give all credit to consistency and constant moisture. :yep:

paco43

I starting wearing a plastic cap to bed with a scarf on top and my hair was noticeably softer as well. I got the idea from the baggie method. Sometimes I just use a plastic cap during the day if I'm in the house or under a scarf or hat if I'm going out. My hair is natural, and I don't add any extra product, it seems to bring out whatever was already in there.