PLEASE Check out my new WIG!!!!

gabulldawg

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know I got a new wig!! I'm really happy. I've been wanting one for a long time to aid me in stretching my relaxers! Please let me know what you think!! I also have a few questions!

1. How do I store the wig to ensure that it won't lose its curls?
2. How can I secure the wig to my head? I got a comb-free wig since I heard that combs can tear out your hair. Do I use bobby pins?
3. How do I keep the curls in general?
4. Is it a good idea to color a wig? If so, how?
5. How do I care for my hair underneath while wearing a wig, including my edges? I don't want them to get worn from the wig. Should I just wear a wig cap?

Thanks in advance!!

Avia62

:woot:Very Stunning!! It looks very becoming on you and goes with your complexion very very well. You've got the right idea to help protect your hair while it grows even longer.

glamazon386

I usually keep mines in the package (You know the plastic thing that snaps) when I'm not wearing it.

2. How can I secure the wig to my head? I got a comb-free wig since I heard that combs can tear out your hair. Do I use bobby pins?

I'm not sure since I always get the ones with the combs. I know that they do sell wig pins/clips. You might want to ask at your BSS or Wig shop.

Is your wig human or synthetic? There's a mousse called "Wet N Wavy" mousse that you can get that will make the curls bounce back to their original state in both human and synthetic hairs.

It depends on if it's human or synthetic. Only the human hair you can color, but I don't think I'd do it. You'd be better off buying it in the color you want.

5. How do I care for my hair underneath while wearing a wig, including my edges? I don't want them to get worn from the wig. Should I just wear a wig cap?

Just make sure your hair is moisturized. I don't wear wig caps but I usually wear half wigs. It's rare that I wear a full wig so I've never had a problem with my edges being rubbed out. With the full wig I think it's a good idea to wear the wig cap but stay away from the stocking cap kind because they are cotton and will dry your hair out. Maybe get a satin/sateen/silk one or you could wear a scarf and then put a cotton wig cap on top.

shirah

If its human hair then buy a head and put it on the head and always brush it out when you take it off.

You cna also have an elastic thing put in the back and that will keep it in place like a headband. Thats what I have in mine. I also have the combs but I only use the front one not hte sifde ones cause they really pull your hair out.

If it's human you willl have to have it styled by a professional or set it with rollers yourself.

If you do this make sure you have someoen who knows what they are doing or you could ruin your wig!

Nice & Wavy

You look so pretty with it. You made an excellent choice...fits your beautiful face and I love the 2 tone color.

Good pick!

gabulldawg

Thanks so much everyone for your encouraging words and helpful tips!!! :grin: I actually wore the wig out in the ATL today! I wasn't as self-conscious as I thought. I think I may wear it to school tomorrow (I'm in graduate school)! Does anyone happen to have any tips on how to thin the wig out a little bit? My BF thinks it's too full and I would like to try and appease him if I can. Thanks!