I'm scared my wig will fall off the ride.

locabouthair

Dont laugh ya'll but when I wore a phony pony I went to six flags and got on one of the rides when the ride was over my pony came off but I had a hoodie on and it fell in the hood.

If it fell off the ride I would have been soooooooo embarrased.

I plan on going back to six flags again and I'm scared the half wig Im wearing will fall off.

I took the combs out the wig because they cause breakage but I use bobby pins to secure the wig.

But I dont know if the pins will be enough.

What should I do?

taz007

Guuurrrrl, I would NOT risk it! :nono:

BTW, do you have pics of your wig?? I am dying to get me a set of them :grin:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Maybe you can just do one small braid in the front and one in the back and sew only a couple of threads to the wig just in case.

I'd be horrified if my half wig came off on a ride. All I can say is make sure you have your hair nice and neat underneath either way just in case.

Good luck!

locabouthair

LMAO!!!!! :lachen:
My only advice would be leave the ponytail in the car and enjoy the rides!

I told you not to laugh:lol: Maybe I should just wear my hair out that day. I really dont want to though.

Me and my friend were making plans to go to Dorney Park today and I didnt wanna tell her that Im scared my wig will fall off.

Guuurrrrl, I would NOT risk it! :nono:

BTW, do you have pics of your wig?? I am dying to get me a set of them :grin:

I'll take pics and pm you.

locabouthair

Maybe you can just do one small braid in the front and one in the back and sew only a couple of threads to the wig just in case.

I'd be horrified if my half wig came off on a ride. All I can say is make sure you have your hair nice and neat underneath either way just in case.

Good luck!

I'm like 12 weeks post right now so it aint looking too pretty under there right now:lol:

I like your suggestion about sewing in some thread. I may try that.

msa

Loca, you have to use pins all around the perimeter so that it doesn't come off. Throw a couple in the middle too just for some extra security.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Dont laugh ya'll but when I wore a phony pony I went to six flags and got on one of the rides when the ride was over my pony came off but I had a hoodie on and it fell in the hood.

If it fell off the ride I would have been soooooooo embarrased.

I plan on going back to six flags again and I'm scared the half wig Im wearing will fall off.

I took the combs out the wig because they cause breakage but I use bobby pins to secure the wig.

But I dont know if the pins will be enough.

What should I do?

You know I'm gonna laugh...cuz I thought this was JerseyGirl again!!!!! Love her. Anyhoo, is there one you can wear with the clips in it? Not the drawstring? I've seem some with these snap clips all around the ponytail.

locabouthair

You know I'm gonna laugh...cuz I thought this was JerseyGirl again!!!!! Love her. Anyhoo, is there one you can wear with the clips in it? Not the drawstring? I've seem some with these snap clips all around the ponytail.

I was gonna buy a new one soon. I think all of them have the combs in them.

Thanks for the responses ladies.

Msa, I might have to put like 50 pins in it :lol:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Girl, I am feeling you.:lachen:

I kept thinking my Phony-Bun would slide off in an important meeting. But all has been good *so far*:crossfingers:

I say: Leave the Phony at Home, wear a Baseball Cap or Stock up on Bobbi Pins.

Have Fun !:spinning:

msa

I was gonna buy a new one soon. I think all of them have the combs in them.

Thanks for the responses ladies.

Msa, I might have to put like 50 pins in it :lol:

Nothing wrong with that. Just juice them up with some castor oil first so that they're less likely to snag on your hair.

locabouthair

Nothing wrong with that. Just juice them up with some castor oil first so that they're less likely to snag on your hair.

Good idea.

Girl, I am feeling you.:lachen:

I kept thinking my Phony-Bun would slide off in an important meeting. But all has been good *so far*:crossfingers:

I say: Leave the Phony at Home, wear a Baseball Cap or Stock up on Bobbi Pins.

Have Fun !:spinning:

Thanks girl!

Last edited:

Simply_Kelz

I think Dorney has some high-speed rides too. IDK though; to me, Dorney, Six Flags, Hershey, Wildwood, Clementon, etc. have basically the same rides, or very similar ones.

SelfStyled

You could do 2 things....

1. Wear a headband with the wig and then like MSA said bobby pin the tracks to your head.

2. Do a perimeter braid and sew the wig to the braid with weaving thread.

lovinglength

LOL !!! sorry, but LOL!! it fell in your hoodie? that's classic! makes me think of when my aunt and I were on the rollercoaster at The Mall of America back in the day...we were riding and out of nowhere she yells, "oh, my weave" and was holding onto her head for dear life until the ride was over...I was cracking up!

Lyoness

I laughed out loud!!! I couldn't stop with the image painted in my mind and that I have been thinking the same thing myself recently.. I'm just not going to risk it.. I'm sure it would get caught on camera too lol

Pandora1975

I laughed cause I had a similar incident with a hastily applied braid at a job, and a manager found it. LOL

I vote ya forget the wig, slick back, bun up, and have fun. There's too much at Six Flags to worry about hair.

That leads me to a question- how many of us avoid events and outings to preserve our hair? That's a policy I ended in myself a few years ago. I married a white man that didn't get it, and the more I thought about it, the more I agreed. Hair is important, but so is fun.