Please help me with a regimen

*Frisky*

I am new to the forum and I am having issues with coming up with some type of regimen. I have purchased so many products over the last month it's kinda crazy and overwhelming!! I can blame all you lovely ladies for that..lol...I have read about co washing and have yet to do it. I purchased the Dominican Whale Sperm shampoo, Silk Worm, Honey and Milk and Silicon Mix conditioners and have only used the Silicon Mix and the shampoo which is great. I also have both the Nexxus Keraphix and Humectress conditioners and Botanoil shampoo. Along with all of those, I have the WGO, Surge and Elasta QP Mango butter. I bought some Carols daughter hair butter which I didn't care for too much because of the smell. The same with the WGO. I did add the WGO to my Surge but I haven't used in awhile. I haven't used the Mango butter in awhile as well. Not to mention vitamins and carrot juice.:) I think I have the vitamin thing down, I just need to put together some type of schedule to incorporate all the products in a way that will benefit me.
I have just a little past shoulder length relaxed hair I believe it is 4B. I am trying to achieve armpit length or longer by June no later than August for sure for my wedding. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

I know it's hard to get a regimen and stick to it. I still don't have one set of products that I use . Since you have more than one shampoo you bought you can rotate. I know some ladies use one shampoo one week and then use one the next week and the same with the conditioners. Then pick a conditioner that you can use for CW (shampoo once a week & CW once a week). You can either mix the keraphix with your conditioner or use it every week, every 2 weeks, or when you think you need some protein. I like to oil my hair after I shampoo or cw and I also use the Surge. Now that my hair is like 10 weeks post relaxer I started braiding my hair and pulling it back into a bun because surge makes the new groth unmangeable but I use it once in the morning and at night. I like to use the elastic qp mango butter to slick my hair down. I have been taking the vitamins and the carrot juice. Congratulations on the engagement! I have a similar goal as you because I'm planning to get married in august. I hope this helps some.

Thanks so much Liz..I think once I get a routine going, it will be easier. Right now I really haven't been doing anything consistent and that is what is confusing because I am steadily buying new stuff...hahaha..my fiance's parents live in Columbus Georgia..that is funny. Congrats on your wedding as well. Mine is August 5th and I am hoping my hair is long enough to be put in a really cute style without having to add weave. We will see.

i have your same issue... i dont have a constant regimen that i stick with..i was trying the wash it every 4 days...but i think i may trying washing/deep conditioning once a week...i did try the cow method....so who knows...i may end up going back to that to see how that works..its hard to sit down and figure out something that will work for me...everyones hair is not the same...i have my vitamin regimen down good..now if i could work on just sticking with one brand of products at a time(im a bad pj)...i need ot find somewhere to put all my products in..i need to get organized too...i was just reading another thread about "how did you know what worked for you" and someone mentioned that she noticed with sticking with the products before switching or something of that sort..and how would you know if the product is working if you are always changing...so now im thinking about going and getting like some big plastic containers or something and organize products by shampoos/conditioners etc...got me thinking right now...that maybe my project for tonight lol...

Get to organizing Ms blue diamond:lol: Under my bathroom sink is just cluttered with products and in my hall closet...you mentioned something that sparked a question. Can mixing and matching products have a negative effect on your hair? Maybe some of the ingredients in Nexxuss for example shouldn't be mixed with ingredients from dominican products, etc. It is probably unlikely I would think but you never know.

I have some breakage problems mostly in the back. I was thinking if I don't get it together i will have to put a piece back there. Girl thats too funny my date is for Aug. 5 but i haven't made it official yet.

Liz what products do you use? I used to be addicted to geling my hair down and putting it in a bun or ponytail with and without weave. I think that contributed alot to my thinning in the back I was having. Actually my date of August 5th is not for certain either!!! There are alot of things I need to work out because I am planning on getting married back in my home town and I think planning a wedding long distance is gonna be a challenge.

marie170 said:
Get to organizing Ms blue diamond:lol: Under my bathroom sink is just cluttered with products and in my hall closet...you mentioned something that sparked a question. Can mixing and matching products have a negative effect on your hair? Maybe some of the ingredients in Nexxuss for example shouldn't be mixed with ingredients from dominican products, etc. It is probably unlikely I would think but you never know.

Girl i did it..im so so proud of myself...its hardly anything under my sink..and if it is then its frequently used products..zip lock bags also come in handy for those small sample bottles...i have all my conditioners and shampoos in one big drawer...and then oils/moisturizers/grease in another...then i have my makeup and skin products over in another storage case...and my dresser top is looking so much better...i didnt realize i had that many shampoos and conditioners..now its time to come up with a decent regimen for when i wear my hair relaxed...i already have one for braids(Robin woods method).

Ok Ms. Blue the key is keeping it that way!!! I have called myself organizing my beauty products so many times just to revert back to everything looking cluttered all over again. What I think I need to do is go through my stuff and just get rid of things. Alot of stuff I haven't used in forever or have used it once or twice and didn't like it for whatever reason. No need to hold on to it. My goal this weekend is to come up with a regimen for all the products I plan on using and go with it.

I think a HAIR ROUTINE is not just the products, but also the process of how you care for your hair. Most hair routines include decision about the PROCESS of caring for your hair and scalp, such as:

· Protective styling
· Pre-poo treatment
· Shampoo or Condition Washing
· Conditioning
· Deep Conditioning
· Leave-in or moisturizing (dry hair)
· Detangling
· Cutting or trimming

There is not ONE miracle product or method that works for everyone, BUT LHCF is a great place to learn about things that work for some. And more importantly unlearn the things that are just not healthy for our hair.

:) Good Luck!

This is true CurliDiva...all of it plays a factor to positive hair growth. I want to know what is the purpose of a pre-poo treatment? Sorry if it a dumb question..:)

Liz25_Ga said:
I have some breakage problems mostly in the back. I was thinking if I don't get it together i will have to put a piece back there. Girl thats too funny my date is for Aug. 5 but i haven't made it official yet.
Have u tried a rinse? It should protect your cortex and improve the health of your hair.

marie170 said:
This is true CurliDiva...all of it plays a factor to positive hair growth. I want to know what is the purpose of a pre-poo treatment? Sorry if it a dumb question..:)

Some people do a pre-shampoo oil treatment which helps the hair losing all of its natural oils during shampoo.

I personally deep conditon with afterwards shampooing or conditioner wash instead of pre-poo's.

That it what I was thinking....conditioning your hair really well after shampooing should restore alot of moisture. Even using a moisturizing shampoo should help stop it from becoming dry in the process. I think products like Nexxus Bontaoil shampoo would be an example of that type of product. I might try a pre poo just to see if I notice a difference. I read about the coconut milk/advocado one the is supposed to be really good.

Back