Please help my daughter's hair

jmuckelroy

She had beautiful, strong hair but a very tender head, so I permed her with Just for Me. I have caused breakage that I hope is not beyond repair. Is there such thing as a texturizer that is not a perm? I want to start the rebuilding process, but, don't know where to start. Help!!!!!!!

I don't know much about texturizers, I am sure the other ladies can contribute, right now it is important to stop the breakage.

I would try first clarifying her hair, do a protein treatment and then deep condition her hair (30 - 60 mins), use porosity control at the end of the wash. When finish washing add in your moisture leavin conditioner recommend Neutrogena Triple Moisture (NTM) and seal it with oil of your choice (extra virgin olive oil). Stay away from heat if possible you can air dry in a ponytail or rollers set. Satin scarf her hair at night. Between washes keep her hair moist by putting in leavin conditioner and seal with oil. Keep doing weekly washes with a protein treatment as Aphogee 2 min to strengthen back her hair and deep condition. Lastly gently comb her hair always after you add moisturizer and oil to her hair starting from the ends to her roots. I am sure the other ladies will be able to add more advice.

Journal what works and doesn't work for her hair as well to avoid future mistakes. Good luck!

Last edited:
From my understanding, texturizers are chemicals ie perms. You need to baby are hair and give it a nice protein and moisture balance. The key to combing hair is to make sure you do it while wet with conditioner of choice. Check out the child care hair forum as well. There are links to different sites that i have found quite helpful.

Texturizer are relaxers but texturize sounds better than relaxer cause some parents dont likehe idea of "relaxing" their childs hair.

Since it is a relaxer u need to adopt a reggie for relaxed hair, I would do some searches on here to find relaxed haeads that I admire and try their reggies out on her for a while.

If u intend to keep relaxing her hair hereis what I suggest, I would switch her to lye first off cause no lye box relaxers tend to severly thin the hair out overtime. I also woulnt relax her again until I got the breakage undercontrol. Forthe breakage, I would get a hardcore protein like Dudleys DRC-28 and use that on her every 6 weeks or so following up with a moisturizing conditioner. I would also invest in some porosity control to use the wash b4 and after her relaxer. Other than that, I would protective style the heck out of her hair. I dont think extention braids and relaxers mix so maybe a bun for a while? And no heat at all

Whatever u decide to do,good luck!

All texturizers contain the same chemicals as relaxers/perms. I suggest you transition your girl back to her "beautiful strong hair" & work with that!

All texturizers contain the same chemicals as relaxers/perms. I suggest you transition your girl back to her "beautiful strong hair" & work with that!

I agree. I too had a tender headed dd, when she was younger (she is 11 now) doing her hair was a chore that I did not look forward to. Thanks to LHCF, wash day is now a breeze and I actually look forward to doing her hair. I just think with the right products, techniques, and a lot of patience you can maintain her hair w/o the chemicals. You could transition her back to natural and gradually trim the relaxed ends if you don't want to BC. Do protein treatments to get the breakage under control and braid her hair up.

Back