HELP!!! w/ my daughter's hair

bee

HELP!!! w/ my daughter\'s hair

Hi, ladies! I really need some advice. I took my daughter to the beautician who said that the use of Pantene, had made my daughter's hair brittle and wiry. I need a good moisturizing shampoo/conditioner. I need to point out that my daughter has been in transition for a year and has about an inch of permed ends left. Also, cost is not a deterrent; I will spend whatever I have to for her. I'm not sure what hair type she has but when it's wet it's coily and wavy, when it's dry it looks like a helmet.

BTW, how will I know the moisture of her hair has been restored? I want her hair to dry soft and not draw up so tightly. Will moisturizing shampoos/conditioners, achieve that outcome?

GodMadeMePretty

Re: HELP!!! w/ my daughter\'s hair

Why not try conditioner only washes for a while? First clarify her hair and then do the conditioning washes, clarifying when needed. Then when rinsing the conditioner out, don't rinse all of it out - using some of it as a leave-in. Also, you are probably already doing this but I'll say it anyway, you'll need to moisturize it every day. I use Cathy Howse's cream moisturizer on my daughter's hair at night. It's excellent. It keeps it moisturized and it's an excellent detangler even for permed hair. I also will spritz her hair in the morning with a mixture of oils and water.

I can't really help with the drawing up. My daughter's hair draws up to shoulder length even though it's past bra-strap (if she were old enough to wear one) in front and sides and waistlength in the back.

bee

Oh, GMP, that's all I've been doing to her hair. I only use shampoo maybe once a month. I had been using a lot of store bought products on her hair, and her hair may require more than what store products offer. I use a VO5 for her condish washes and deep condition w/ cholesterol or Pantene(Hydrating Curls & R&N).

GodMadeMePretty

Try Suave Professionals Humecto or Nexxus Humectress or Paul Mitchell's Supercharged Moisturizer. All those work for me. Nexxus and PM are more expensive and the Suave version of Humectress worked wonderfully.

Also try mixing your conditioner with olive oil and coconut oil for a deep conditioner. For that I use Dove intense moisture conditioner. And the coconut oil may help with showing the drawing up. The oils will help the moisture stay in. Also try the Humectress or Humecto mixed with honey. Honey is a natural humectant.

Armyqt

I suggest Kenra Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. It works very well on natural and relaxed hair. I can't say enough about them for naturals though. It really assists me in the combout process. ALso you can try srpitzing her hair with a glycerin product before you comb it. I like Sta-sof-fro. As a final to lock the moisture in, I like profectiv breakfree.

bee

Thanks, Armyqt, I follow your advice often. I went on the website, and couldn't figure out how to order products from kenra.com. Where do you buy yours?

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
bee said:
Thanks, Armyqt, I follow your advice often. I went on the website, and couldn't figure out how to order products from kenra.com. Where do you buy yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get Kenra from Ulta or Trade Secret. Also, some Salons may carry them. But I know they're at these two places for sure.

Armyqt

No problem Bee. Be sure to keep us updated