PLEASE HELP!! Natural pageant hairstyles

mikimix

My cousin is going up for queen and the pre show is on the 22nd. She has natural hair which is VERY thick and nappy. It's about APL I think
She's looking for natural elegant pageant hairstyles that she can wear during the show.
She has to change it a few times during the show as well (evening wear, swim wear etc). Her talent is dancing so for that she'll need something that will keep looking good even if she's moving around and sweating.

I really hope you ladies can help me out because her manager wants her to relax/texturise her hair or get a weave and her whole image is about being natural!!

virtuenow

"mikimix" said:
My cousin is going up for queen and the pre show is on the 22nd. She has natural hair which is VERY thick and nappy. It's about APL I think
She's looking for natural elegant pageant hairstyles that she can wear during the show.
She has to change it a few times during the show as well (evening wear, swim wear etc). Her talent is dancing so for that she'll need something that will keep looking good even if she's moving around and sweating.

I really hope you ladies can help me out because her manager wants her to relax/texturise her hair or get a weave and her whole image is about being natural!!
I would say mini twists b/c she can do a lot of styles w/o messing it up. But For a pageant I think it would be best to show the hair --nice big blow out or twist out. I think that's the point of a natural show and u can't really do that w/all the hair pulled back Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

DaiseeDay

mikimix said:

mikimix - Hmm what about a stretched style such as a twist out, with a lot of hold. I'd recommend extensions honestly even if she doesn't do a full head weave - usually pageant hair is longer. Big natural hair would be hot, but is your sister opposed to a kinky-curly weave?

NaturalJael

How bout transitioning styles from a twisted elegant up do to a twist out at the end.

This way you are showing the versatility of natural hair. Also it can be helpful with time constraints as she is changing wardrobes.

For instance, assuming there are 3 sections to the pageant : formal, swim and talent-
1. Twists in an updo
2. Twist out with accessories
3. Twist out put in an updo

Or

1. Loose hair updo French roll/tuck or bun
2. Blow out with accessories or braids/flat twists
3. Some type of loose style

The styles should Only need a little modification to go with each category.

mikimix

Thank you so much!! She's not a member but I sent her the link to this thread so she should be checking up on it!