Please pray for my attitude

melodee

I am asking for my sisters to lend a loving hand to me. I am in need of prayer for my not always positive attitude toward my hubby's family members. I try really hard but sometimes I feel that they are insensitive toward our needs and I get a bit hurt and sometimes bitter.

I find myself saying little comments that hurt my hubby. I am immediately sorry, but I keep repeating myself. I really do love this fam and want the best for them, but I gotten hurt so many times, I get bitter and in my frustration I say things that aren't fair.

I want prayer because in the name of Jesus I know I can overcome this hurt. I've suffered on and off with this for years now. My hubby is wonderful and he always tries to smooth things over. He has a Christian heart and he knows when to leave things alone and forget about times we've been slighted or whatever, but I just boil over and I want to stop.:look:

melodee said:
I am asking for my sisters to lend a loving hand to me. I am in need of prayer for my not always positive attitude toward my hubby's family members. I try really hard but sometimes I feel that they are insensitive toward our needs and I get a bit hurt and sometimes bitter.

I find myself saying little comments that hurt my hubby. I am immediately sorry, but I keep repeating myself. I really do love this fam and want the best for them, but I gotten hurt so many times, I get bitter and in my frustration I say things that aren't fair.

I want prayer because in the name of Jesus I know I can overcome this hurt. I've suffered on and off with this for years now. My hubby is wonderful and he always tries to smooth things over. He has a Christian heart and he knows when to leave things alone and forget about times we've been slighted or whatever, but I just boil over and I want to stop.:look:

Melodee, with a heart as pure as yours, God calls you 'Beloved.' For you are truly as you have professed before the world, that are "...a God fearing woman trying not to comform to the ways of the world.".

And precious Mel, this you are and you have proven by your humility. Melodee, your post is a beam of Jesus' light; for you are living your wonderful confession..."trying NOT to conform to the ways of the world." Pure hearts know when something foreign has entered in, and are grieved until it is removed. This is your heart...pure. There's something inside that you know does not belong. Humbled, you've sought the true solution, taking it to Jesus in prayer.

Stop being so hard on yourself for wanting to be right with God. ;) Come on, we all have growth and you've chosen to grow, with the Lord and you've recognized an obstacle, that's all.

I asked the Lord for a word, and then is where I was lead.

:Rose:
"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence....it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world...holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain." (Philians 2: 12-16).

Melodee, hold fast to your profession of faith in Christ Jesus. Hold fast, for you have not labored in vain for all that you have done to live for Him...our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Hold Fast, to all of who He is in you and in your husband.

I pray God's covering over your marriage; a renewed committment between you and your husband and God's total peace to dwell within and among you...always the two of you as one. :Rose:

"Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others." (Phillipians 2:1-4).

I love you, Melodee. Be strong woman of God...Hold Fast for God has surely placed you into His heart and He is not letting you, His darling precious, daughter and treasure, go.

Loving prayers and hugs...

melodee said:

I respect your honesty and you already know you need help and this situation is hurting your husband the fact that it bothers you is Holy Spirit pulling on your spirit. So this what God told me to do when I needed help and He just told me to tell you; anoint your tongue with some bless oil in the name of Jesus do this every day before you brush your teeth and if you are going to visit his family do it again right before you go. Do your lips and tongue very lightly in Jesus name it works and the scriptures Shimmie has below is good to meditate on. Do not let the devil get victory in your marriage or your husband's family. Of course, you can anoint other parts of your body where ever the devil wants to mess you God wants to bless you.

melodee said:
Thanks ladies. You have blessed me with your responses.:)

You bless us even more, just by being you.

Awww, by the way, Did I ever tell you how mean I am to little old ladies...who step in front of me in line at the supermarket without asking me? :lol: Wellllll, all I can say is 'Please pray for me'....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Melodee, you don't hold a candle to me. I can be a whip and trip all in one. Yet, God still loves me. AND yes, He pulls me up each and everytime and I yield. Yes, I do yield. I may pout, but I yield.

And Angel, so yielded are you. God loves your heart for you are allowing Him to be Ephesians 1.

17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Melodee, " The eyes of your understanding have been enlightened, [therefore Mel, you allowing] "the fulness of Him, that filleth all in all...in you. Because you are so yielded to His love and His will.

Mel, if only could be like you...in the supermarket...;)

I love you. The feelings which seem to rage inside are nothing compared to the love of Jesus Christ, which rules and reigns in our hearts, forever.

It is well....so very well with you, indeed.

{{{ Mommie Hugs }}} ;)

star said:
I respect your honesty and you already know you need help and this situation is hurting your husband the fact that it bothers you is Holy Spirit pulling on your spirit. So this what God told me to do when I needed help and He just told me to tell you; anoint your tongue with some bless oil in the name of Jesus do this every day before you brush your teeth and if you are going to visit his family do it again right before you go. Do your lips and tongue very lightly in Jesus name it works and the scriptures Shimmie has below is good to meditate on. Do not let the devil get victory in your marriage or your husband's family. Of course, you can anoint other parts of your body where ever the devil wants to mess you God wants to bless you.

Star, this blessed me so much. It's 'old' school; our 'moms' taught us this. I was so blessed, I had to annoint myself and my home. ;)

Thank you for shining this wonderful light upon our hearts. :kiss:

Back